Tire Place in Knoxville

wewoapsiak

Hey guys,

It's time to put some new feet on the Tacoma. I haven't lived too long in Knoxville, so I was wondering if it was your vehicle where would you take it for the best $$$ for decent tires. I'm not wanting anything crazy, just standard all weather 16" tires.

I'm not brand picky but if you have some knowledge on that, feel free to throw that in the mix too.

Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to firestone. Tires I got recently were overpriced for what they are worth. They also threw out the alignment in my car in the process.

My family has been using Fisher Tire for a number of years with good luck, they just don't have the best hours which is what caused me to try firestone (only day I had for a while to get tires was on a sunday). I will be going back to Fisher for my next set.

Guest bkelm18

C&D Tire. You can google them and find one close to you. Small, local business, with good people and prices.

I use them. I think I paid $70/tire for Goodyear Wranglers for my Jeep Cherokee.

C&D Tire. You can google them and find one close to you. Small, local business, with good people and prices.

Another vote for C&D

They did me right on tires for dual axle boat trailer

I've heard alot of positive comments from others

They have several different locations

Edited by laktrash

Fleet tire beat tire rack on Michelins. I used to go with just walmart cheap tires, but as I got older and carry precious cargo, I pay the extra every single time for Michelins. C&D use to be best, but barely will match Walmart, and Fleet beats everyone (or did last Spring and Summer). Fleet Tire on East Woodland Ave, off 275 in Ktown. Also big sponser of sports news of the morning on Will Wild West on Newstalk 98.7.

Just fyi. I have retired from Firestone tires retail stores about 8 years ago and to let you in on a secret, they had bought out most of the local tire shops in the Maryville/Knox area. In fact around the country. They may have not changed the name of your favorite local tire store but it might just be Firestone owned which in turn is only supporting the Japanese anyway.