I lost a dollar......

Caster

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73challenger

You overpaid your parents by keeping the dollar and repaying $49 each. You kept a dollar, so you owed them .50 each of that dollar. So $48.50+ $48.50+1(mom)+1(dad)+ .50x2(me) = $100

That's what I came up with as well.

Guest Sgt. Joe

IMHO someone who is paying 97 bucks for a shirt needs more help than a dollar is gonna buy.

Then again maybe I am just so poor that I cant comprehend such a thing. Do they even sell 97 dollar shirts at Goodwill? :rofl:

IMHO someone who is paying 97 bucks for a shirt needs more help than a dollar is gonna buy.

Then again maybe I am just so poor that I cant comprehend such a thing. Do they even sell 97 dollar shirts at Goodwill?

True. People buying $97 shirts don't care where the dollar went.

Actually you didn't loose a dollar, you are adding wrong. It took my darling wife to figure this one out.

You borrowed 50 from both parents, bought the shirt for 97, and had 3 left over. So you gave your parents 1 each, and stuck the last one in your pocket.

49 + 49 = 98, and 2 (which is what you gave your parents) is 100. You don't count the dollar in your pocket since you still owed it to one of your parents.

Dang she is smarter than me.

Actually you didn't loose a dollar, you are adding wrong. It took my darling wife to figure this one out.

You borrowed 50 from both parents, bought the shirt for 97, and had 3 left over. So you gave your parents 1 each, and stuck the last one in your pocket.

49 + 49 = 98, and 2 (which is what you gave your parents) is 100. You don't count the dollar in your pocket since you still owed it to one of your parents.

Dang she is smarter than me.

Werd. Unless, you are a democratic obama supporter and then you don't deserve the shirt, since you have money, or at least good credit to buy one by borrowing from the parents. Therefore, you should give away, lets say, 40 to 50% to those that have piss poor credit and don't have money, or $97 shirts, give them some shirts that are worth, lets say almost half, $50/shirt for a nice round number, don't worry about how to pay for the $50 shirt, you will be charged down the road when taxes are raised again. Since we know you will pay off the debt you owe your parents, we will charge them a gift tax, you an inheritance tax, and we will forgive the poor guy that got the money in the first place what he borrowed because it's not fair that he can't hold a job, doesn't have a job, or intends to pay it back due to him being oppressed, by you, the rich guy that works to pay his part, doesn't leach off society, and typically follows the laws of the land. So in summation, you don't get a shirt, you don't have any money, you owe the govt money to pay for the poor guy, that is unemployeed, that has a new shirt, that doesn't have to pay back anything, pays no taxes, lives off the governments tit and is essentially a drain on society.