Hydro Graphics More Fun With Glocks

graycrait

I met this guy the other day, and he showed me a whole new "thing" - Hydro Graphics. I didn't know that folks were doing this in their home. This guy can do any firearm in a myriad of patterns. This old beater Glock and Holster look pretty good, just don't lay it down in the grass. Now that I have been introduced to this I see that there are some pretty wild hydro graphics out there.

GlockBefore.jpg

GlockAfter.jpg

GlockHolsterAfter.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to post pics later when I get home but I had a Gen2 G22 that had the Carbon Fiber pattern hydro printed on it. Tried selling it on here and no one seemed interested. Ended up finally finding a home for it in W.TN......

That would be my fear. If no one liked your pattern it might be hard to sell. There is a G22 at Dave's Pawn in Crossville that has been on the shelf for 3 years at least. it's camo also.

Guest Lester Weevils

Just for curiosity-- Did the pistol have to be disassembled down to tiny parts to apply the hydro graphics? For instance, remove the trigger and finish the trigger separately, then reassemble everything?

That would be my fear. If no one liked your pattern it might be hard to sell. There is a G22 at Dave's Pawn in Crossville that has been on the shelf for 3 years at least. it's camo also.

Guess that was my issue. I inquired at the time about hydroprinting my AK poly furniture, just a general urban camo. Cost was going to be around $400. NO THANKS.

Just for curiosity-- Did the pistol have to be disassembled down to tiny parts to apply the hydro graphics? For instance, remove the trigger and finish the trigger separately, then reassemble everything?

For the Glocks, pop the pins and take out the guts.....then put your pattern on the frame. If you wanted your trigger done, it would be done seperatly to ensure the correct pattern.

If a person thinks they are going to get more money for a gun that they are tired of because they have painted, cerakoted it, hydro graphed it or stippled it is probably fooling themselves. Just the opposite I think. I fool around with some of my guns with the intent of not selling them. However, if someone is having a hard time selling a hydrographed Glock 19 glock and the price is right let me know....I'm just saying, color of a functional Glock doesn't mean much to me.

I looked at this guy's prices and I think he had 210.00 for a complete AR and 85 for a complete glock. A kydex holster building friend of mine is going to get me a G19 holster hydro graphed for me by this guy.

Guest Stingray13

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the site & yes I'm the one who Hydrographed the Glock-17.

I've been dipping weapons & other items for about 6 months now & really

enjoy taking an old beat up device & give it new life through the dipping process.

I can dip an entire HandGun without removal of trigger or internal parts.

Take a close look at how the pattern continues throughout the slide & frame.

I've had a lot of orders for Pink Camo (for the girls) & it really makes me glad to see

a lady get so involved in the shooting sports when she has her OWN CUSTOM Weapon!

I dipped the 17 so as to have a Custom Camo pattern that no one else has. I also

treated the lower with a Soft Touch Polyurethane thats gives you a sticky tight grip

everytime. Feels great from index to Shot. I didn't dip this weapon to sell.

I don't plan on selling this or any other weapon I have in the arsenal as far as that goes...

My Children & Grand Children will be well armed when its my time to give up the Ghost!

Sorry to have rambled, If anyone has questions about the process, let me know & I'll explain.

NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING HERE!!

Thanks Guys.

Here's the CF printed G22 I had:

G22003.jpg

G22009.jpg

G22055.jpg

G22016.jpg

Can't believe no one here wanted this when I was trying to sell it. I bought it cause I thought it was cool though it was the only .40cal I had which is what led me to selling it.

Edited by kwe45919
How durable is the finish? And how does it hold up to solvent?

I didn't have any issues during cleanning but I'm not a sloppy cleaner either. Between Hoppe's#9 , Kroil and CLP the finish never faded or dulled. With something like this you'll either use it (so you should expect wear) or you'll make it a safe queen to protect the finish. I would have used my old G22 IF I shot .40......I have no safe queens other then my daughter and wife's personal guns. Scratches and dirt don't hurt....;.

I like the carbon fiber look above. I'd like to maybe do that to my Glock 22. How durable is the coating? Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx
See my post above your's. Is it durable.....sure but not indestructable. If the finish on your Glock or Sig wears with holsters and use, this will wear faster then those protective coatings.... Edited by kwe45919