CZ P07 .40 Rocks!

Guest czphanatic

Guest czphanatic

Just got my new CZ P07 and couldn't be happier. Flawless performance and excellent accuracy. I've run 6 different brands and types of ammo through it and no issues at all. Accuracy wise, it particularly likes Hornady. Very nice pistol and a good deal from Bud's Gun Shop.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns & Ammo had the CZ P-07 as their cover and feature story in their 2012 Annual. Read it a couple of days ago at work (I was on lunch break I tell ya). The author really put that thing through the torture test and it performed flawlessly. Might be a gun to really look into next. Nice price also.

Guest John_Knoxville

Have about 400 rounds through my p07 Duty in 9mm and love the experience. Very low (different) recoil due to slide design. Accurate out of the box. No issues with several brands very inexpensive ammunition.

• 2 months later...
Guest czphanatic

Well here is a little update on my CZ P07 .40. Went to Front Sight in Nevada for the Four Day Defensive Handgun class. After the first day and a half, and about 250 rounds downrange, the trigger quit functioning properly. Very weird symptoms: Would not shoot at all in double action and in single action there would be a substantial delay between the trigger press and the shot. Then it refused to shoot at all in single action unless I jerked the trigger backward. Suffice to say, I took it out of action and rented a gun for the rest of the class. Emailed CZ yesterday and they promptly sent me a pre-paid FedX label to send it in. I did so today. Hopefully it will be returned quickly and good as new.

Guest Big-A

The CZ 75b i owned was my most accurate handgun in 9mm off hand. Even more than my 9mm Sig 226 but on the bench the Sig was the winner. I've alway's regreted having to sell my CZ and Sig but they were heavy bulky and large . I had looked at the CZ P07's in 9mm but after reading about the trouble they had i decided against it .To bad they didn't fix the problem's mag well swelling was also a problem . Over on the CZ forum the P07 dosent have a very good following seem's thier hit or miss.

I bought one when they came out . Mine was brand new . Mine was in 9mm . In only 100 rds it ate up it's own guide rod , it looked like it was chewed up. Then the trigger would not reset all of the time. And lastly the magazine would not eject when it was full nor empty. I do love CZ's but I just dont think CZ has gotten it right with their polymer guns yet. CZ did send me a whole new gun in just 2 weeks but I could never trust that design so I traded it off.

Guest czphanatic

HaHa....not likely. CZ received the gun about 6 days ago but I have heard nothing else from them. I will keep you posted. If the fix isn't good and relatively quick, they will have lost a loyal customer!

Guest czphanatic

Got the gun back from CZ yesterday and it works perfectly. The repair invoice indicated a "broken trigger bar spring". Total time in transit and repair: 13 days. Not bad, I think. Now to put about 1000 rounds through it to see how the fix holds up! Sure is a great shooting gun!

Guest bkelm18

Before this thread Ive never heard anything bad about metal CZ guns. Not a single thing.

I love my PCR Compact and privelaged enough to carry it all day everyday.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Well I guess since the P07 is a polymer gun, you still haven't heard anything bad about the metal CZs. :P