Well I made the move today for P-22 HELP

rab

After two weeks of checking and reading I got the Walther P-22 ,Sure hope that it was not a mistake for all the reports I saw were good .BUT I have two issues 1st when there is no mag in the gun I can not lower the hammer.I am asking for anyones answer who has or knows if this is normal for the manual said remove the mag when decocking and slowly lower the hammer, 2nd the only rounds that I had were Winchester bulk from Walmart that I have no problems with in my S&W 15-22 .They didn't feed well in the P-22 , they would eject but would not load, this happen 8-10 times in 40 shots in both mags. Like I said I need to hear form anyone who can share some light on the issue

THANKS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to the CCI mini mags. Wally World seems to be the cheapest on those. Round nose or HP don't seem to make much difference. After a few hundred of those, I can use the bulk pack stuff, but still get the occasional failure to fully cycle. The mini mags never fail to cycle.

Mine's a 2nd gen and the hammer won't drop with the mag out.

This should be required reading for all P-22 owners. Much of what he has written about and done to his is no longer needed. He reported this stuff to the manufacturer who made many of the changes in later generations.

http://www.freespeec...M_P22_bible.pdf

This was truly some good infor. Some is I believe to be over my pay grade but good to to have stored on my hard drive.

Too answer about the two mags, had to buy the 2nd one,30 bucks dealer said that a good price.

Also I will try the CCI mimi mags hope this will help,for I like shooting the bulk because of the price.

If I continue to have the problems with the feed maybe the dealer where I purchased it at can help for they acted as to be customer friendly, was my 1st time in thier store in Elizibethton ,Tn.

Thanks for the help and good comments

I just got back from shooting my used P22 that I got in a trade last weekend. I had some CCI Mini Mags with me just in case, but only shot Remington bulk. Started with a clean, oiled gun and didn't have an issue until about the 8th or 9th mag. From there, the last round failed to load about every 3rd mag. I'm okay with that performance 'cause it's a lot cheaper than target practice with .40! I guess I just wanted to say give it time to get "broken in" and I imagine it will become more reliable.

Excited to read the "bible." Thanks for posting it.

Edited by bluedog

I when out and shot a 100 rounds of CCI mini mags had no problems ,I got another 100 rounds of the CCI I want to shot to see if there is a breakin issue. still have over a half of a box of the winchesters that I started with that I will use after the second hundred. I do like the way this gun shoots,had to ajust the sight to the right about 3in. at 12 yards. I had gotten this gun to carry when fishing for it will fit in the small pocket on my waders. Thanks for all the help getting through this

I when out and shot a 100 rounds of CCI mini mags had no problems ,I got another 100 rounds of the CCI I want to shot to see if there is a breakin issue. still have over a half of a box of the winchesters that I started with that I will use after the second hundred. I do like the way this gun shoots,had to ajust the sight to the right about 3in. at 12 yards. I had gotten this gun to carry when fishing for it will fit in the small pocket on my waders. Thanks for all the help getting through this

Well, if you want best accuracy and not have to keep fooling with sight adjustments, you should settle in on at least the same weight bullet, and better, the same round period. And if it performs as well in your heater as the MiniMag, the Blazer will save you a heap of money over time.

I guess that Winchester is 36 grain, most of it is, unless it's the fairly new M22 stuff Wally is carrying some places. Course you may be shooting 36 grain MiniMag, the hollow points are that, but the solid points are 40 grain, which I personally much prefer.

Btw, BlueDog, Remington Golden Bullet has been absolutely the WORST bulk ammo over the last couple years ever manufactured IMNSHO! Even if it "runs" okay in your gun, it's still crap it's so inconsistently loaded.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Well, if you want best accuracy and not have to keep fooling with sight adjustments, you should settle in on at least the same weight bullet, and better, the same round period. And if it performs as well in your heater as the MiniMag, the Blazer will save you a heap of money over time.

I guess that Winchester is 36 grain, most of it is, unless it's the fairly new M22 stuff Wally is carrying some places. Course you may be shooting 36 grain MiniMag, the hollow points are that, but the solid points are 40 grain, which I personally much prefer.

Btw, BlueDog, Remington Golden Bullet has been absolutely the WORST bulk ammo over the last couple years ever manufactured IMNSHO! Even if it "runs" okay in your gun, it's still crap it's so inconsistently loaded.

- OS

I was using the 40 grain, How do you feel about carring a 22 ? I carry a Glock 35 tac. 357 sig when I not fishing ,just a little heavy for my waders

- OS

Noted! I guess I'll step up to that fancy bulk (oxymoron intended) stuff next time! :bow:

I was using the 40 grain, How do you feel about carring a 22 ? I carry a Glock 35 tac. 357 sig when I not fishing ,just a little heavy for my waders

I really only carry a heater for 2 legged probs, in the city or in the great outdoors (I hope to get back into serious fishin' again ere long). So no totin' a .22 for me, unless I was squirrel hunting or something, and then it'd be a rifle.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot