It's NASCAR at Talladega - baby!!!

Thought I'd get an early start on the standard topic this week.

Talladega will host two races on free TV this weekend

Nationwide race: 2:30 p.m. ET Sat. on ABC

Sprint Cup: 1 p.m. ET Sun. on FOX

Also the truck series is in Kansas: 5:30 p.m. ET Sat. on SPEED

After MexiCAR last weekend, it's nice to get back to normal. I wish it was still a Southern racing thing. Darlington with the battle flags comes to mind.

I may stop watching Indy Car since everyone made such a big deal about the arrogant bitch finally winning one in Japan. I always liked Janet Guthrie much better. http://www.janetguthrie.com/

My family (Georgians) always pronounced the town as Tal-a-dee-ga, not Tal-a-day-ga. I don't give a flying.... I do care if you call my mountains Apple-ate-chans though. If you are above the Mason-Dixon line you can call your part of them what you want. Hell, they don't even know what grits are up there. Culturally deprived..... Down here they are the Apple-at-chan mountains. Period.

See http://www.nascar.com/ and http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/ for more details about the races.

Current standings in the Sprint Cup:

Rank (+/-) Drivers Total Pts Behind

1 - Jeff Burton 1215 Leader

2 +1 Kyle Busch 1135 80

3 +1 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1129 86

4 +2 Jimmie Johnson 1116 99

5 -3 Kevin Harvick 1112 103

6 +1 Denny Hamlin 1078 137

7 -2 Tony Stewart 1078 137

8 +4 Clint Bowyer 1044 171

9 +1 Carl Edwards 1041 174

10 -1 Greg Biffle 1039 176

11 - Kasey Kahne 929 286

12 -4 Ryan Newman 915 300

And on the hump for the Chase

13 +1 Jeff Gordon 907 308

14 +2 Martin Truex Jr. 897 318

15 -2 Matt Kenseth 869 346

16 -1 Kurt Busch 857 358

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jr. all the way at Dega baby.

Mars don't be hating on Danica, show the love man.

I would love to see the race Sunday go green for the entire advertised distance.

The last time that happened my man Mark Martin won. Maybe he can do it again.

Big Poppa said

Quote:

I would love to see the race Sunday go green for the entire advertised distance.

I didn't know that had EVER happened.

May 10, 1997: Mark Martin wins the Winston Select 500, a race which had no caution flags, at a NASCAR 500-mile record speed of 188.354 mph (303.126 km/h), nearly ten years after the introduction of restrictor plates.

But OK, I'll be nice. The arrogant whining excuse making bitch did work hard for the victory. :D

At least admit she is easy to look at :P:P:P

I did not watch any of todays race. I much prefer the big screen high definition picture the great outdoors had to offer today. I love spring and it is very hard to be on the couch this time of year.

I might have it on tomorrow out in the garage as background noise. But mostly I will be tuned into the "real life" channel. :D

We had threats of rain about all day and did have a thundershower during the race. Very good race BTW.

I got really enthusiastic and made up some taco seasoning (yes I make my own) and taco meat. Then became less enthusiastic and didn't make the tacos. I'll do that for a late lunch during the race.

I probably will get out this morning and do a spring cleaning of my storage building. I have a nice view of Holston Hightop from my place. Nothing like grand views and smell of gasoline to make for a great outdoor experience. :nervous:

But I'll be back inside in time for the race.

Guest Centennial

The Nationwide race yesterday was a good one. I'm glad Smoke finally got his first win there. Hopefully, the rain won't hinder today's race and the 88 car will win!

I just checked the weather map. Looks like they are between two lines of showers and storms that are mostly headed north. A shower might get them later in the day, but I'll guess they make it at least halfway.

Maybe Tony will cut his girly-hair now?

88 would have won yesterday if he had gotten the help everyone expected he would get.