Home Defense Shotgun Training

Guest Phantom6
Phamton6

I hope the class goes well. As luck would have it I have another obligation the weekend of the May 24th. Hopefully I can get in a class later in the year.

You can catch another one.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grimel
For what it is worth, I'll be offering the Suarez Int Shotgun Gunfighting class here in the Chattanooga area sometime in the next few months.

I'm just trying to work out the details on whether it will be a 2 days of shotgun or done as a 1 day add on to a pistol class. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Do it in late summer. Try 1 day shotgun and 1 day rifle.

• 1 month later...
Guest Phantom6
I just checked phanton6's web site http://firearmsclasses.com.

The class is Saturday July 26th

Yup sorry for the initial confusion. Apparantly when I looked at the calender I looked at it wrong and pulled the date out of my a$$. It has been corrected now. Anyone wishing to take the class can download the Application for training at the following URL:

http://firearmsclasses.com/registration.htm

I promise you it will be a rock 'n roll shotgun class. 7 hours of range time. We'll also have some special NFA Form 1 kits available there for those who would like to take advantage of them.

Basics of Defensive Shotgun Class

The shotgun is the absolute best CQB firearm in existence today. As far as home defense is concerned, handguns are to keep ‘em off of you until you can get to your shotgun. This dynamic course provides you, the student a reality based, aggressive, close quarters method for using the shotgun in the defense of your home. If you rely on a shotgun for self-protection and the protection of your family at home, this course is essential for you.

What will you learn in this 10 hour (3 in the classroom and 7 on the range) course? Well, here is a sneak peek of some of the information you will receive and drilll on in this range intensive course -

· Deadly Force and the Law

· The Moral and Ethical Implications of Deadly Force

· The Myths and Realities of the Tactical Shotgun

· Efficient Selection or Construction of the Home Defense Shotgun

· Ammunition and Support Equipment

· Crisis Management

· Malfunction Clearing

· Understanding Cover and Concealment

· Shoot and No Shoot Situations

· Principles of Tactics and Shooting Aftermath

· Shotgun Condition Checking

· Ready and Carry Positions

· Shooting Positions

· Combat & Tactical Reloading

· Patterning and Zeroing

· Single & Multiple Target Engagements from 3 to 15 meters

· Responses to the Right and Left

· Stress Management

· CQB with your Shotgun

· Shooting On The Move

At the end of the course each participant will have an opportunity to be the "Last Shooter Standing" in a specialized competition that has been designed to allow the students to use the techniques they have learned and drilled on throughout the course.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phantom6
I mailed my registration form and check last week. Hope you have it by now. I know the mail moves slow.

:) I thought I sent you an email letting you know we got your registration and attached a complete class syllabus with it. Then again, with getting the mother-in-law in a good nursing home and dealing with other in-laws (and outlaws) I've been busyier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I thought I did it from the gun shop so it would have come from an address that looked like atf762@yahoo.com which is a temporary address untill I have all the kinks ironed out of our new website and accompanying email system at http://tngunshop.com . I'll send you another one today. :)

Guest Phantom6
I didn't get your email. Are you sending it to greenego@hotmail.com?

I just checked and saw that I had misspelled greenego (dropped the e). I hate it when I do that. Didn't bounce back though. Re-sent using your mailto link in the above post.

I just checked and saw that I had misspelled greenego (dropped the e). I hate it when I do that. Didn't bounce back though. Re-sent using your mailto link in the above post.

Phatom6

As of Saturday morning I still didn't receive your email. As long as there are not any changes to the following, I know what to bring.

What to Bring:

• An open mind ready to learn
  • Safe attitude
  • Eye and ear protection.
  • 1 Shotgun (any action, gage, or stock configuration) though a pump action in 12 or 20 gage is preferable. Remove you sling. NO SLINGS.
  • Shotgun Ammo Pouches (Bandoliers, Butt Cuffs or Sidesaddles are acceptable)
  • All ammo MUST be factory loaded!
  • 75 rounds Birdshot (#6, #7, #8 or #9 shot- what ever is least expensive for you)
  • 30 rounds #00 Buckshot
  • Raingear (We shoot rain or shine)
  • Ball cap or hat with brim/bill
  • Good quality boots or shoes
  • Knee pads (strongly suggested but optional just the same)
  • Drinking water
  • Snacks (energy bar, cheese and crackers, fruit)
  • Sunblock This is an outdoor range
  • Bug Spray “ “ “ “

SUGGESTION: Wear pants with large pockets "BDU type" or a jacket/shirt with large pockets to hold shotshells.

Guest Phantom6

Yup, that's it. I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on. Your spam filter must be knockin' me out 'cause I've sent it out twice now. Check your filtered file. I haven't had any rebounds from your email server. Now I'm really curious.

Yup, that's it. I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on. Your spam filter must be knockin' me out 'cause I've sent it out twice now. Check your filtered file. I haven't had any rebounds from your email server. Now I'm really curious.

Its strange to me also. I will send you an email and see if you get it. I know hotmail will mark all the email I get from NRA as unsafe but I still get it. Maybe we can look at this at a break on the 26th.