May Mid-TN Eat & Shoot May 17th @ Owl Hollow

Pick a restaurant for lunch on May 17th  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a restaurant for lunch on May 17th

• Cracker Barrel (Spring Hill, TN)
    • Snappy Tomato Pizza (Spring Hill, TN)

Guest clutepc

great!, I'm bringing a Saiga 7.62, I have just under 200 rounds for it.

I need to run out get some more, if I see any for the Mosin I'll grab it, you let me shoot a few with it last time so its the least I can do..

actually I just like hearing that thing go off, :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm gonna miss it. I'll be at the NRA annual meeting in Louisville. I anticipate much drooling on my part when in the exhibit hall...

Guest themark712
Hey Themark712,

I've got a a 2" 38 m64, a 3" 38 m10, a 4" 357 m19-5, a 6" 357 m19-3, and a 6" 44 PC 629-4. All of them are S&Ws, and I'd be glad to let you try them all out. You can shoot 38s out of the 357s, too.

All of my ammo is handloaded, so it may not represent or feel like standard factory stuff, but your are more than welcome to shoot it up. The only thing I won't have on hand are 357s, because I haven't had time to load any yet. If you want to buy your own ammo to shoot, that's fine too! :D

I'll be easy to find at the range... I'll be the only guy there without an autoloader.... that, and I'm chubby!

See you saturday,

James

Well, you won't be the only one without an autoloader!

I'd love to try out the 6"s and the 4". I'll bring some ammo, just for your trouble. I'm assuming 44 mag unless you say otherwise.

I have a 40 and a 9 (ho-hum, right?) I'll trade off with you in return.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Just to remind to everyone, there is not anywhere in Spring Hill to buy ammo. If you are coming from the Nashville area there is a Wal Mart right next to the interstate in Cool Springs. You take the first Cool Springs Blvd Exit and then when you come to the light take a left onto Mallory and Wal-Mart is about a mile on your left. Or you can hit Franklin Gun Shop off of 96 if you want to pay too much for it.

Clute: wow, thanks! That's super nice of you! Yea, it is fun to touch one off with that bad boy!

TheMark: No problem, man. I've got some 44 in both lighter and heavier loadings, and plenty of 38s. The only thing I don't have any of is 357 Mag, so if you want to shoot 357, you'll have to bring some of that. Don't worry, it's no trouble for me to bring guns to a shooting range!! :rolleyes:

Guest Jason F.

I will be there as well.

How long is the pistol range area and/or is it a problem to shoot a pistol at longer ranges on the rifle range? I want to shoot some 25 and 50 yard stuff with the plinker Saturday.

Hey Guys....

Does anyone have a bunch of extra clothespins for hanging targets? Literally three weeks ago, I gave away a whole bag of them, and now have none left. I'm sure there will also be someone else who might need some too (so I don't look like the only dork!)

So.... somebody, please bring a bunch of clothespins!!

Thanks!! :(

It looks like I should be there with the g/f in tow! I might twist my roommates arm and get him to come along as well.

(I know this is last minute but does anyone know where I can get my hands on some 9X18 in Nashville in time for the shoot?)

Hey Guys....

Does anyone have a bunch of extra clothespins for hanging targets? Literally three weeks ago, I gave away a whole bag of them, and now have none left. I'm sure there will also be someone else who might need some too (so I don't look like the only dork!)

So.... somebody, please bring a bunch of clothespins!!

Thanks!! :(

I don't have any clothespins, but I'll be bringing a roll of duct tape you can use.

Guest tokarev

Hah! I bought a bag of clothes pins last night for the first time in YEARS! I think it's a bag of 50 or 100, not sure as it's out in the trunk of the car.

Guest Jason F.
It looks like I should be there with the g/f in tow! I might twist my roommates arm and get him to come along as well.

(I know this is last minute but does anyone know where I can get my hands on some 9X18 in Nashville in time for the shoot?)

I have some 9x18 Mak I can bring. It is not a lot but I think it is 35 or 40 rounds. I will bring it with me as I sold my Makarov a while back.

Guest tokarev

Clutepc

I'm only bringing a few .22 rifles and a couple of 9mm's, but will toss in some extra 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R that I've got handy. I didn't feel like bringing my heavier rifles today.

Justaguy

I'll toss in a couple of boxes of 9x18's as well as I don't shoot that as much anymore since I converted my Bulgarian to .22 long rifle.

Guest GT_Rat

I'm going to be sitting out this month. Have to take the kids to a relatives (also a kid) birthday party.

On the plus side I think they are going to get a space walk. I love getting in those things. :)

I had a great time today, Owl Hollow really impressed me... thanks to Hunter for taking good care of us, and to HanSolo for sponsoring us as his guests! We had a great turnout, I didn't get a head-count, but I know that there was over a dozen who came to Snappy Tomato, and I think we picked up a few more at the range. The ladies were well represented, as well.... even though my wife didn't attend (I guess we're just not as cool as broiled crawfish and Papa Roach...)

Next time, if permissible, we should bring a grill and cooler instead of hitting a restaurant.

Good times folks! Thanks to everybody who came! I hope that we get to see the pictures Mrs. bnagashima's took during the event.

I was one that didn't make it to the snappy mater. Though I did have a blast at the range(nice turnout). I think Hunter did a fine job & thanks HanSolo for the sponsorship. The Mosin was a hoot musicman thanks for the oppertunity along with the wheelgun selection. Can't wait for the pix!

Guest clutepc

I agree Owl Hollow was great, looking forward to shooting there again.

The cookout idea sounds good to me.

musicman, I meant to hand you my M&P to let you shoot but I was having so much fun with the Mosin and forgot all about it.

I'll catch up with you at the next one.

Golfballs...:tinfoil:

Guest HunterH

Hey Guys. I had a great time with everyone and glad to hear everyone felt welcome and enjoyed the facility. TGO folks are a classy group and I know that Owl Hollow is happy to ahve you all anytime as guests and hopefully members if you so desire. I can look into having a cook out there the next time and think it to be a great idea. :tinfoil:

Stephanie was kind enough to take lots of pictures with my camera today to post on the board and for fun. Let me know if any of you want me to send you some of these pictures that were taken as I will have them. I will contact David and Eddie about how I can best post the pictures for the purposes of the TGO board as I have not done that before.

Again, Great day, great people, lots of fun!! I look forward to doing it again soon. :D

Take care,

Hunter