Gone over to the SIG side.

Guest Scottech

Guest Scottech

Had a wild hair and traded my beloved XD40 SC (plus holsters and bullets) for a Duo Tone SIG P228. I've really wanted one for quite awhile and I couldn't pass up this chance to own a SIG! I'm heading to CCA tomorrow or Saturday to put some 9mm downrange.:rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no complaints about any of the 4 Sigs I have owned, or the many others I have fired. It was simple preference for other styles which made me drift away from them. I've often pondered getting another, but like Glocks there's always something else which fills the specific role I need more closely.

Sigs are certainly one of the makes/models, such as Glock and the 1911, which are universally held as the standard by which others are compared.

Guest gcrookston

I've owned and shot Sigs for 20 years. Finest combat handguns I've ever encountered. I presently have my first-- a P226 purchased in 1998, and: a P220, P232, Sig556 and an XO that seems to have come back to roost indefinitely. With the exception of the XO (a 1911 clone that is primarily Caspian) and the Sig556 (too new to rate), I'll hold these guns up against anything in there class.

Congrats

Edited by gcrookston
I have no complaints about any of the 4 Sigs I have owned, or the many others I have fired. It was simple preference for other styles which made me drift away from them.

Same here--I've owned four of them and feel that they are the best traditional-styled DA autos one can buy. I just got tired of two trigger pulls.

I have Glocks, Sigs, HK's and had 1911 customs. I loved the 228 I had for a long time. It never once failed me, but eventually I decided to stop carrying it.

For one the double action first shot. I don't like the change from DA to SA and I don't like DAO's. To be truly competent with a DA to SA you have to practice a great deal. For spec forces groups who shoot sigs they are perhaps one of the greatest weapons made, with exceptional reliability and very good accuracy for a combat piece. I wasn't able to practice like I had and no longer felt competent with the firearm. The other thing I don't care for with the Sig is the high bore sight radius on the pistol.

I'm sure you will enjoy shooting your new Sig, the 228 is my favorite.

Edited by Warbird

I just got a 220 Elite Carry SAO and it is a dream to shoot. I have a 220ST which is a all steel gun and it is hefty. But you can shoot it all day. I really soaks up the recoil

compared to the alloy framed guns.

Same here--I've owned four of them and feel that they are the best traditional-styled DA autos one can buy. I just got tired of two trigger pulls.

They have two trigger pulls? I guess I shoot mine so fast I never noticed. :D

RR

I don't have any SIG Heils right now, just Hitler & Kochs. :D

But I have had SIGs and may well go back to one for my 357 SIG handgun.

And one of the reasons I like them is because of the capability of having two trigger pulls. One safe harder one for SHTF scenarios and one gentle one for accuracy. Just like the H&K and Beretta.