Anyone have a Smith & Wesson M&P Pro Series?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a .40 through D&T Arms. I haven't had a chance to throw any lead with it, but I love it so far. Slightly gritty pre-travel, but it breaks wonderfully. I'll have to smooth up the pre-travel a bit, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a m&p pro 9mm and it was a very good gun nothing like a stock m&p, mine had the 5 inch barrel and light trigger with trittium sights, basically the same gun julie golob shoots, the only reason i sold it was to buy the gun in my avatar. :usa:

I got a .40 through D&T Arms. I haven't had a chance to throw any lead with it, but I love it so far. Slightly gritty pre-travel, but it breaks wonderfully. I'll have to smooth up the pre-travel a bit, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

The grit is from the firing pin safety. The APEX Ultimate Striker Block will fix it without changing the other characteristics of the trigger. You gotta remove the rear sight to install it.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid20.html

I thought bout getting the Pro, but ended up getting the regular 4.25" and had my gun shop order some Warren Tactical sights for it (green fiber optic front and plain rear) and I'll be ordering the Apex FSS kit for it later as well to get rid of the pre-travel and lighten up the pull.

I have the 9 pro with some apex goodies. Very soft shooting. It is a little slower for me than my sigs on first shot out of the holster but the rest of my splits are faster with it. The sight is like a big flashing beacon saying shoot!

Guest robin.kempton

Its an outstanding weapon, just bought the M&P 40 Pro Series. I shot a little over 100 rounds through it a few weeks ago and it loaded, fed and shot with absolutely no problems. The slide release is a little tight but it will relax once a couple hundred rounds through it.. The weapon's trigger is smooth and it has very little kick with 155 grain bullets. I would reccomend this weapon to anyone looking for a great all around weapon, not to mention a wonderful conceal carry option. Enjoy!

SGT Kempton US Army-Aviation

I have been looking for a 9mm 5" pro for a while now...those things are hard to find!

YES they are the last 2 we wanted took about 4-6 months then the local toy store called and said they got 2 in and i took them both.

• Authorized Vendor

030.jpgI have two of them...both 9MM. I love them both....made one by adding a red dot and the other I just went crazy with for a carry piece. Both sport Apex trigger systems. More info upon request.

9MMmilled004.jpg

Edited by Grand Torino

You can emulate a 9Pro. Are there 9Ls around?

You can do a 4.25 add an Apex kit, Dawson sights or those of your choice.

My compact 40 trigger came stock better than my 9 pro 5 inch trigger.

Tough to find .45 compacts these days too.

I've got the regular M&P fullsize, but turned mine into a Pro by adding Novak plain rear with green fiber optic front sight (exact same ones that come on the Pro, although I had originally wanted the Warren Tactical sights, but the gun shop ordered the Novaks instead. Wanted the Warrens for the rear sight so that I could do one handed racks but its ok) and the Apex hard sear. Opted to go hard sear instead of the full kit because it reduces pull weight and has a more defined reset, while still being carry friendly. I handpolished part of the striker block, the new sear, and trigger bar to remove grittiness. Actually there was minimal grittiness to begin with, even with the stock parts, but no harm in a gentle hand polish.

Basically a Pro model without the Pro model wait time and costs the same. I also ordered the Costa Ludus extended mag release because my hands are small. Can't wait for that to come in. I definitely recommend going this route though because the sear is better and I'm told my trigger is a little nicer than the OEM Pro trigger, and had I gotten the Warren sights like I originally intended, is a more practical sight than the Novak, when it comes down to worse case scenario and only one arm is functional.

Edited by PolePosition