Looking for a Dog???

I was just down at the Oak Ridge Animal Shelter on non-dog related business.

They have got some GREAT looking dogs in stock, right now, ready to go!

If I was in the market, there were 2 or 3 that looked really promising, including a Malmutte.

When you adopt from the OR Animal Shelter they:

spay / neuter

implant microchip

thorough physical

first does of heart worm medicine

first treatment of frontline

and a few other get ready stuff.

Cost is $110.00

Cats also available, same type of services, same price

Julie and her team really keep the facility clean for the animals and looking good for potential owners.

Most of our dogs over the years have all been pre pound rescues. Max our St bernard was too much for the 2 bedroom 5 family member apt that the prev owners had so we didn't want to see him go to the pound and took him in.

On another note about Animals.

If you have seen the news recently you might have seen the piece on Ashley Judd and her helping out Walter the pooch. Walter was a frail little pooch that was thrown from a vehicle by some A$$hats that do not deserve the air they breath. Walter did pass on this morning from his injuries. I would love 3 min alone with the people that could do this to a animal!

• Like 1

Most of our dogs over the years have all been pre pound rescues. Max our St bernard was too much for the 2 bedroom 5 family member apt that the prev owners had so we didn't want to see him go to the pound and took him in.

On another note about Animals.

If you have seen the news recently you might have seen the piece on Ashley Judd and her helping out Walter the pooch. Walter was a frail little pooch that was thrown from a vehicle by some A$$hats that do not deserve the air they breath. Walter did pass on this morning from his injuries. I would love 3 min alone with the people that could do this to a animal!

Yes, I read about Walter earlier today. Like you, I wouldn't mind having a heart to heart with the piece of **** who did this.

Avoid a boxer if you like peace and quiet. We got one and it has been the most stressful dog we have ever owned. He gets into everything. On a good note though he is the most affectionate dog we have ever owned as well. Not a mean bone in his body towards anything except "bad guys" and strangers.

I have owned pit bulls or bulldogs for the last 20 years. They are a breed I will never be without. They as eager to please and have personality.

And almost any mutt is going to be a better dog than a purebreed. Especially shelter dogs for some reason. Not sure if they understand that they hit the lottery or not but they do seem grateful.

Dolomite

i have a mountain cur he is in my avitar i got him when he was 6 days old from a place that was going to destroy him because he had ringworms.

i cant stand to see someone abuse dogs i dont spell too good or type too good but i would hurt someone over my dog

Currently I share the house with 3 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats. All are excellent animals. Anyone need some pet hair? I can probably empty a bushel or two out of the vacum for you!

Guest bigbovine

All my dogs were freebies. Last two, one thrown on side of road, and one givin away because the momma (Rottweiler) got mixed with a Lab, They couldn't sell the pups. The one on the side of the road has to be the best dog I have ever owned. Mix between bird or hunting dog of some kind and a dalmation maybe. Very smart and very protective of the children when strangers or strange dogs come around. Sadly she is in poor health, she was around a year old when we found her and that was 17 years ago. Have a feeling I will be looking for a new lil one in the near future. The place you mentioned sounds interesting, but too far away. Plus I am wary of the chip thing, Is it optional? The only animal I have paid for is the cat you see in the avatar. That one is a Bengal, and got a deal on him. Only reason I considered him was because low shed, loves to play in water, and doesnt take crap from dogs.