Be On Alert - So-called "Day of Action" - Saturday, May 19th

Guest 6.8 AR

I think you overlook one thing that should get him some of our love. He has helped sell more guns and ammo to US citizens than anybody in history. Our true strenght is in numbers.

He sucks as a president, but I give him top marks as a Firearms Salesman :pleased:

He's a damned good one of those, isn't he?

Guest 6.8 AR

There are a lot of you young guys who were raised right. It's the crap that get's the publicity, though. Good

to see the ones giving that publicity are wrong. They usually are.

That's because people my age 19-27, (I'm 22) grew up in a society that breeds entitlement not only in minorities...but in ALL people. We believe, incorrectly, that America owes us something...that life should be fair...that no one should be better than anyone else...that it's wrong to live a life governed by God...that it's wrong to have to pay our way through college...that it's wrong to have winners because everyone played evenly well...that it's wrong for America to have Global dominance and International influence...that it's wrong to have to buy our own healthcare.

We are taught, from a very young age, that the Government is supposed to take care of us. My age group SEVERELY lacks work ethic, independence, pride, and a desire to be more successful than our neighbor. I pity my children and grandchildren that will live under my generation's leadership.

Considering you are twenty two, I must commend you on an outstanding job of being observant, well informed and have the ability to think rationally. It gives me a great deal of hope that there are some young folks out there that could make good leaders if and when I reach a ripe old age. Hats off to you buddy..............

Ummm... what they don't tell you... is that the interest rates only affect SUBSIDIZED loans. Those of us (the vast majority) that have UN-SUBSIDIZED loans will not be affected. Republicans think, rightly so, that if an individual is unwilling to pay towards their debt while piling it up...then they should have to pay an increased interest rate when they finally do start paying. Why? Because most people who have subsidized loans are given those loans via "need-based" awarding. The Government rarely gets back even a small percentage of subsidized loans because the "needy" people that have them usually don't pay them back. So, the thought is: Since we aren't going to see a return on the full amount, let's get as much as we can as soon as possible to help pay down national debt.

Moral of the story: If you have student loans that are un-subsidized in which you pay towards while in school (only $50 a month) then your rates will stay the same. BUT, if you are a student who has loans and absolutely refuses to pay a single penny towards the loans while in school...then your interest rate will increase. I see no problem with that; all you have to do is be responsible and pay a little towards the loan while in college and everything will be hunky dory.

Obama, Jimmy Fallon and other Hollywood elites, your liberal professors, and the leftist media don't tell you that; instead they scare students into voting for Obama because they are lead to believe that the evil Republicans want to steal their college money.

You are misunderstanding what determines whether a student loan is subsidized or not. That decision is totally left up to the US Department of Education. Subsidized loans, where the government covers the interest payments while in school, are granted based on financial need and if you don't qualify for those, your loans are unsubsidized. You have the choice to pay the interest as it accrues or you may choose to defer it. If one has an unsubsidized loan, it doesn't matter whether you pay the interest or not, it remains an unsubsidized loan. The majority of student loans are unsubsidized. Trust me, I know first hand. In all of my years of college from undergrad all the way through grad school, my student loan totals have gotten up there and only about $1500 was in the form of a subsidized loan. The rest is all unsubsidized, even the stuff I've paid interest on.

Incidentally, the world didn't come to an end as predicted. :tinfoil::panic:

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

None of the popular scenarios will cause the world to end in a single day anyway, short of the sun exploding. Gonna be lots of pain, suffering, and killing.

What about that there meteor that is supposed to hit on December 21, 2012... :panic::tinfoil::hiding:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that Mayan crap is Dumb if they were so Smart how did there whole race get demolished

The Arquebus.

Basically the same reason a Glock could allow my outta shape, no hand to hand skill havin', lazy butt, take down a world champion boxer.

Guest President Fernatt

that Mayan crap is Dumb if they were so Smart how did there whole race get demolished

Mayans didn't account for leap years or anything relatively close to the Gregorian Calendar...so yes, that stuff is crap. If the Mayans and Gregorian calendar were on the same track...then the World would have ended last year sometime.

Guest President Fernatt

You are misunderstanding what determines whether a student loan is subsidized or not. That decision is totally left up to the US Department of Education. Subsidized loans, where the government covers the interest payments while in school, are granted based on financial need and if you don't qualify for those, your loans are unsubsidized. You have the choice to pay the interest as it accrues or you may choose to defer it. If one has an unsubsidized loan, it doesn't matter whether you pay the interest or not, it remains an unsubsidized loan. The majority of student loans are unsubsidized. Trust me, I know first hand. In all of my years of college from undergrad all the way through grad school, my student loan totals have gotten up there and only about $1500 was in the form of a subsidized loan. The rest is all unsubsidized, even the stuff I've paid interest on.

Incidentally, the world didn't come to an end as predicted. :tinfoil::panic:

I believe everything you said to be true so possibly I wasn't very clear or possibly you misunderstood. I stated "subsidized loans are given those loans via "need-based" awarding". When I checked on un-subsidized loans through WellsFargo and through US gov, there was no longer an option to defer interest payment on unsubsidized. It was required that you pay towards the interest every month. - estimated payment was about $50 a month.

But yeah, I guess moral of story still applies....just get an unsubsidized loan and pay a little interest every month and all will be fine. The interest rate increase only affects subsidized so everyone else is good to go.

Which is why it's misleading for Obama to travel the states flaunting lies about college students going broke because Republicans are letting interest rate cap expire.

Class warfare plain and simple. Btw, I did hear someone say "Justice for Trayvon" but it wasn't an attacker; it was just an innocent lil hipster.

IT WAS HORRIBLE! I BARELY SURVIVED! 50 BLACK GUYS JUMPED OUT OF THE FIRST HOUSE I DELIVERED TO AND BEAT ME FOR TRAYVON AND FOR NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA! I THINK THE NEW BLACK PANTHERS GET AHOLD OF MY VOTING RECORD SOMEHOW!