Think it's worth it?

Guest dubaholic2

Guest dubaholic2

I'm not a Glock fan, but I'm considering buying one that came into work the other day, just because I've been wanting a compact .45 and it seems like a decent enough deal. We have a gen 3 G30 OD, with night sights, limbsaver slip over, original box, and 6 mags for $550. It's not a great deal, but it seems decent enough for me to pick it up. I have been wanting a compact .45 for a while and this is one of the few we've had come through. Does this seem like a reasonable deal to anyone else?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even hesitate. Snap that puppy up! And I must agree with Steelharp and disagree with Ishel...with todays' markets and pricing, a G30 of any flavor with 2 mags rarely goes for not less than 475+ around here, and the best price for mags unless a tremendous sale is found, is about 20-22+ on up to 32+ for retail.

And from my personal experience, unless you got tiny baby hands or grizzley mits, the difference in the grips isn't easily discernable. And for me, the grip covers just don't work.

If you could get it for closer the the 500 mark, that would be a really, really great bargain; but don't lose it over the other 50. Worst case I'd say getting 4 extra mags is worth at least 12.50 each.

But that's just my very own opinion. And I don't care for Glocks, I only have a 22, 23, 24, 30, and 2x19. And getting closer to a 21 and a 17.

I believe buying OD's to be collectors is over but it's a good deal. My Glock collector friend believes OD 29's and 30's are the least common, especially without a rail. This is according to him. I personally can't stand 20/21's and 29/30's.

I would jump on it. If you could get then down a bit more, even better.

I am not a Glock fan at all, but the G30 is a fantastic bit of engineering. Pick up a 9 round mag, and it really shines as a carry gun.

Uh... they come with 10 rounders...

Guest nowheretobefound

You said it when you state "I'm not a Glock fan". If you can buy it then turn it for some profit OK, otherwise pass and get a compact .45 that you like. I personally think the G30 is a very unbalanced pistol to shoot, there are allot better compact .45s out there.

I am not a Glock fan either, I do train regularly with my G17 but I'd much prefer to carry my Sig P226, I do not have a problem with the Glock's preformance just their awful ergonomics.

With regards to the deal, a 3rd Gen G30 in OD w/night sights & 6 magazines for $550 sounds like a pretty decent deal to me, and the price is decent enough that if you decide that the Glock isn't your cup O'tea you could always sell or trade it off for what you paid for it.

Guest 6.8 AR

Heh, I can shoot better with that "unbalanced" compact than with the G21, SF or regular. To each his own,

but that's one of the best carry compacts as far as I'm concerned. Not that I'm a great shot, but I can get

the job done with it. :D

To the OP, if you don't want it, let me know where to pick it up.

At that price you should be able to easily be able to get your money out of it if you put a few hundred rounds through it and decide you don't like it. I'd suggest you buy it if it fits your hands. I must have girly hand since the only .45 models that feel good to me are the SF or the Gen 4 models. I actually run the medium backstrap on my Gen 4 17 and Gen 4 27, so my hands must not be that small...

I personally think the G30 is a very unbalanced pistol to shoot, there are allot better compact .45s out there.

That's why there are different platforms. To satisfy everyone. I couldn't disagree more. Most balanced, best shooting .45 compact ever, to me.

That's why there are different platforms. To satisfy everyone. I couldn't disagree more. Most balanced, best shooting .45 compact ever, to me.

Same here.

I shoot it as well as I do my G19, given that they are almost the same size.

Chiming in again, I preface this by saying it's my own opinion, but the Glock compacts as the 19,23,30, etc; are some of the easiest held and shooting pistols I have ever shot and owned. And unfortunately for me, that number is way too high. As for best balanced...I won't totally agree with that, but they sure rate very high for me.

But I will say that the few things that feel more balanced in my hands are my Colt O Model and the 3 to 3.5 in barrel compact 1911s.