Anyone heard the FEMA radio ad?

Listenin to WTN bout 4am this morning I heard a radio ad "what would you do to help your family survive a natural disaster or terrorist attack?" "Would you have adequate supplies on hand for days without power including water, food & first aid supplies?" I'm kinda paraphrasing because I was only half listenin at this point then it registered in my head. Then goes on to say "review your plan and find out more at www.ready.gov ". Was admittedly surprised to hear this ad on the radio... don't know if they were targeting conservative talk radio broadcasts or if they will become more widespread. Interesting nonetheless..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Growing up in Florida stuff like this is common in regards to hurricane preparedness. County emergency management would conduct town hall meetings in the retirement communities (for the snowbirds) to educate on having an evacuation plan, or at least to have on hand supplies to survive independently for weeks after a major hurricane.

Distributing pamphlets at community events was also a big one. These pamphlets included lists of all the stuff you need on hand and suggested having these items all the time, not just when the storm is bearing down on you. This is because the stores would get bought out before the storm.

We had a closet full of everything we needed to last a while. Down there prepping is normal and not seen as batty because every few years someone gets hit hard down there.

Heard these before, tv commercials too.

Interestingly, some of the stuff they tell you to have on-hand for emergencies as recommended by their own website also puts you on a list of 'hoarders' and 'potential terrorists' according to Pelosi and some other govt. agencies.

Edited by mcurrier

Interestingly, some of the stuff they tell you to have on-hand for emergencies as recommended by their own website also puts you on a list of 'hoarders' and 'potential terrorists' according to Pelosi and some other govt. agencies.

So... are you sayin' the government is full of crap? :rofl: I think you're on to something there :pleased:

• Like 1

Yup, that was my first thought too.

As a Vietnam veteran I'm already on the potential terrorists lists of some govt agencies. Red Cross and other groups also recommend having supplies stored for emergencies.

FEMA has some useful information available, but I don't like having to give my personal information to them to access it.

• Like 1