Cheap GI Mil Spec AR Mags

For some reason, I had it in my mind that they were like $5-$8 a piece. Oh well...PMags it is then.

I think a while back one of the forum members had the surplus GI mags for sale for like $6.50 each shipped... no idea now who it was or if he still has them. Might try the search feature to pull up the old posts.

I think a while back one of the forum members had the surplus GI mags for sale for like $6.50 each shipped... no idea now who it was or if he still has them. Might try the search feature to pull up the old posts.

Yeah Raoul sold out before I even thought about building my AR :( I was just a tad behind. I've been waiting and hoping he'd have more for sale but so far nothing.

Guest nowheretobefound

wcsc12

Just keep looking for deals, a mag is a mag is a mag, plastic can break, metal can bend but at least with metal you can get your "pocket tool" out and fix 'em!

sometimes over at the ar forums you can find good buys on mags.

I see them and would love to register over there and Sigforum but they want me to use a non free email address just to register and well, that's just not going to happen :D. Oh well. But thank you guys for your input. I'll just wait and hope someone puts them up for sale on here.

Knox gun show surplus vendors have used ones from $5-10.

Bill's Outpost had new C Products USGI ones last time I was there, $12 I think. Kinda gets iffy about what's worth what, when you can get Pmags for just about that on sale.

Also, I really like 20 rounders better, and only ones decent ones I've found are Pmag and Thermold. AFAIK never been a US contract 20 rounder?

- OS

20 round mags are also standard US issue, or where, so there are plenty of those about.

Since when? It's been quite a while since a new military rifle has come with a 20rd mag.

You can still find USGI 20rd mags but they are typically in NG/Reserve arms rooms or the random 1 or 2 in a unit. They definitely do not come with our weapons anymore

eta: bro, I don't even think they make them anymore....

Edited by scoutfsu

Well, news to me thanks -- I'll grab some if I ever see 'em...would like to have a few metal ones.

- OS

I had my 2 metal 20 rounders last time we were at Norris when Dolomite was workin' on my AR. You even held them both and commented that you thought they were 10 rounders. You're memory is slippin'.......I think I got mine from Cheaper than Dirt. They're out of them right now but here's the link.

http://www.cheaperth...roduct/MAG-0691

Edited by kwe45919

You're memory is slippin'.........

Put that in past tense, cause I don't remember that. I remember you were selling some at the Blount County get together, though, but seems those really were 10 rounders. :)

Edited by OhShoot

Put that in past tense, cause I don't remember that. I remember you were selling some at the Blount County get together, though, but seems those really were 10 rounders. :)

No....that wasn't me....There goes your memory again. :dirty: I didn't bring anything to sell that day at Dubbs shoot.

Guest 6.8 AR

I used to see them at Army surplus stores around Clarksville for 1-2 bucks each years ago. Bought a bunch

of 20-30 rounders back then whenever I saw them. Through all the swaps and probably losing some, I got

some of Raoul's. Those are great mags he got.