Google Censors All Gun, Ammo and Accessory Results

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thats crazy, just did a search and it brought no results. This is really going to suck when it comes to shopping for ammo, I use to go on google shopping to compare prices before making a purchase. Well looks like its time for me to start using Bing.

Edited by ~48_South~

I just did a Google searh for "9mm ammo" and got 5,920,000 results.

I searhed "AR accessories" and got 184,000,000 results.

"Colt 1911 for sale" and got 1,040,000 results.

"Guns, ammo and accessories" 72,400,000 results.

Edited by Will Carry

I just did a Google searh for "9mm ammo" and got 5,920,000 results.

I searhed "AR accessories" and got 184,000,000 results.

"Colt 1911 for sale" and got 1,040,000 results.

"Guns, ammo and accessories" 72,400,000 results.

You're missing the premise. Google Shopping function.

Pretty significant if looking for real time comparison pricing.

Longer, main thread here:

http://www.tngunowne...nity-on-1-july/

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Wow thats crazy, just did a search and it brought no results. This is really going to suck when it comes to shopping for ammo, I use to go on google shopping to compare prices before making a purchase. Well looks like its time for me to start using Bing.

and gun-deals.com, ammoengine.com, and the like

- OS

Shopping function? I didn't know they had a shopping function. I say the hell with Google. Bunch of liberal hypocrits! There is a liberal town near Durham called Chapel Hill. Only the wealthy can even afford to live there. They talk like they are so open minded and loving yet when we tried to build an affordable housing project (Habitat For Humanity) they fought us tooth and nail. They love poor people and minorities....they just don't want to live near them....

Guest bluecanary25

IIRC, Bing leaches off Google.... tried Bing's shopping app and it did not return results that I found on their web search.

I like ammoengine myself.

Just goes to show that we as an industry or market share are so small they don’t consider the economic impact significant.

This needs to be in the mainstream media and have people talking about it. Many people might not stop using Google because of a gun ban, but they might because of the censorship of a legal product.

BTW…. Google owns YouTube. Who are we going to use when they ban gun videos?

Just goes to show that we as an industry or market share are so small they don’t consider the economic impact significant.

This needs to be in the mainstream media and have people talking about it. Many people might not stop using Google because of a gun ban, but they might because of the censorship of a legal product.

BTW…. Google owns YouTube. Who are we going to use when they ban gun videos?

It's one of the few growth industries in the US right now. Somebody will take their place.

It's one of the few growth industries in the US right now. Somebody will take their place.

I know. But it just pizzes me off that I will have to use some second rate search engine because I want to search gun stuff. Google doesn’t have any competition near their ability or quality and they know it; that’s why they can do stuff like this.

Sure, someone will knock them down but that will take a long time. There should be some way to get the shareholders to put some pressure on them; I doubt most of them think this is right.

I agree that there should be a loud protest. Personally, I don't use the shop feature. I pretty much have my vendors these days. Rock bottom price isn't as important to me as finding it in stock at a vendor that will put it in a box and send it to me. I'm too impatient to put up with crappy vendors.