New Movies This Year

Looks like there are several movies that I'm going to try to see this year. My wife and I rarely go out to a movie theater (I despise crowds), but I may have to tough it out to see some of these. I'll probably go out to see more movies this year than I have in the last 5 years combined.

First and foremost, the remake of Red Dawn. I hope the new director is as much a patriot as John Milius.

I think I'll also try to see the remake of Total Recall. I'm a semi-fan of Colin Farrell.

The new Bourne movie, The Bourne Legacy. I've seen this guy in a couple other movies. I think he's pretty good. At least it's not that flaming lib Matt Damon.

Looks like there's a sequel to Taken.

A new Bond movie, Skyfall. I wish Daniel Craig wasn't such a blithering leftist.

The Expendables 2. The first one was way over-the-top ridiculous action. Loved it. And what other movie have Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham AND Bruce Willis (big fan) been in together? This one adds Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Jet Li.

I MAY try to see the new Spider-Man. And I'll almost certainly have to take Mrs. Stomper to see Breaking Dawn Pt. 2.

The last few years, there have been very few movies that were worth paying to see. I'm kinda looking forward to getting out some. Any others I should consider?

Will

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't do the movie thing. the only one I saw was Atlas Shrugged,part 1". Probably will only see part 2.

I liked "Red Dawn" but remakes usually dissappoint me. The tech and the Bourne books are great, but

like Clod Stomper, I can't stand Damon. Dark Knight looks interesting.

I personally don't care about an actor's politics, since the vast majority of them don't have a clue what they're talking about anyway. They can be as much of an idiot as they care to be off screen, but if I'm paying good money to see one of their films, they dang sure better put their personal views aside and do what they're being paid to do, which is entertain.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest bkelm18

I generally don't pay any attention to an actor's politics. They're entitled to an opinion just like everyone else, and me not seeing one of their movies isn't going to change that. I'm looking forward to all of those movies, especially the new Batman and Skyfall. I think Jeremy Renner will be good in Bourne Legacy.

I agree that the last couple years have not been all that great for new movies. Save for transformers dark of the moon, and a couple more. Ill add one to the list, the new resident evil 5 that comes out in september. Im a hugeeee RE fan and really looking fwd to it.

Guest Victor9er

Same here about an actor's politics/personal views. I could care less. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual movie r their performance in it, which is all I really care about. They are entitled to their own opinions just like everyone else... even if it's stupid.

I didn't care for the first Bourne movie, but the last two were really good. This new one looks interesting, it's the guy that played "Hawkeye" in The Avengers and he was also in the latest Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise. I'll probably wait for DVD though on that one.

I had heard of the Red Dawn remake but last I heard the project had been stalled... I take it it's back on then?

The Expendables 2 looks pretty good actually, never saw the first one but this one I might have to check out.

They are remaking Total Recall also? :-\

I'm not sure about the new Spiderman... it looks pretty good but I'm not buying the actor as Peter Parker. He looks more like a hip emo garage-band kid than a nerdy but brilliant highschool outcast. :shake: