Soldier seeking home protection

Guest racr28

Guest racr28

I am looking for a .40 or.45ACP pistol for under $500. I have a wife and two kids. I am an Infantry Squad Leader with 101st ABN INF DIV.

racr28

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Welcome_01a.gif

101st ABN- History of duty, pride & honor since 19 August 1942. Thank you for your service.

You should have no problem finding a suitiable hand gun for that price though a good Remington 870 with a synthetic stock, an 18.5" barrel and a two shot mag extension is much better suited for the job and would leave you enough $ to buy a decent pistol too and still stay under that $500 budget line.

Welcome to the forum Airborne!

were I you, I'd take Mike's (phantom6) advice. the Remington 870 is pretty much our version of a trench gun. it's perfect for home protection. You can get them for under 500.00 and look around for some of the "half shells"....they're 12. guage shells that have less recoil so that your wife won't fear to shoot it.

there are also different stocks that can be put on it that actually absorb the recoil.

I myself taught my wife to shoot and let her pick her own pistol. she of course picked a .45 :)

if you're adamant about finding her a PISTOL, look around on the for sale section. Guys here horsetrade more than a kentucky livestock auction.

I myself was in the Cav, I spurned that "death from above" stuff...I couldn't see how me burning in on top of the enemy was going to do either one of us any good... :)

Guest racr28

We used mossberg 500 with a shortend barrel and pistol grip in Iraq to bust lock doors, but we always had better luck with a big heavy axe that came in our hooligan kit. We called it Thor.

Racr28

Guest racr28

I held a Sprinfield XD .40 and .45 today. I think the .40 would fit better in my wifes hands. I will to let here feel it for herself.

racr28

a slightly used xd would get you into that price range if a 45 is what your looking for. Also a 1911 GI might get you into that price as well.

however, i still agree with the shotgun being the better weapon for home defense

which bat. are you in and when did you get there? my friend austin was there until last january when he pcs'd to germany but he was with the 101 from 02 or so to the end of 07 i left in 04 but i was 2/502. he went over to the 506th when they stood it up on campbell.

Guest rj8806

Welcome to TGO racr28 and may God bless you for serving our country. What part of Tenn. do you live in? Over here on the east side, there are several reputable gun shops if you can't find anything on our vendor list here.

I personally recommend Farnsworth over here in Vonore. This past saturday I picked up my newest additon, a Kimber Classic II 1911 .45 auto. Prior to that, I had a Smith & Wesson 4506-1(.45acp) that I got from them for $399. they have several .45's well under your range of $500.

Stay safe and stick around here. Lots of great folks on this board.

Richard