are we safe yet?

Guest bmc50

Guest bmc50

UN treaty

Jul 26 2012

Sen. Moran and 50 Senators: Second Amendment Rights are not Negotiable

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) today led 50 senators in expressing grave concern about the dangers posed to Americans’ Second Amendment rights by the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty. The 51 senators notified President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton of their intent to oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding American gun owners. The opposition is strong enough to block the treaty from Senate passage, as treaties submitted to the U.S. Senate require approval of two-thirds of Senators present to be ratified.

In the letter, the senators wrote: “As the treaty process continues, we strongly encourage your administration not only to uphold our country’s constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership, but to ensure – if necessary, by breaking consensus at the July conference – that the treaty will explicitly recognize the legitimacy of lawful activities associated with firearms, including but not limited to the right of self-defense. As members of the United States Senate, we will oppose the ratification of any Arms Trade Treaty that falls short of this standard.â€

“Our country’s sovereignty and the rights of American citizens must not be infringed upon by the United Nations,†Sen. Moran said. “Today, the Senate sends a powerful message to the Obama Administration: an Arms Trade Treaty that does not protect ownership of civilian firearms will fail in the Senate. Our firearm freedoms are not negotiable.â€

“The NRA, our four million members and the tens of millions of law-abiding Americans who own firearms will never surrender our right to keep and bear arms to the United Nations,†said Chris Cox, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “That is why the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty has been met with the full opposition of the NRA. We are grateful for the efforts of these senators, led by Senator Jerry Moran, to oppose this encroachment of international tyranny.â€

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

As far as that aspect goes, yes we are. The trouble is how much Obama tries to do with his use of EO's,

and how many really stupid people fall in line and accept his premise, once again. The man is dangerous

and as evil as you can be, especially as president. If he ever gets this country over the cliff and has a real

emergency, he won't stop until someone stops him, cold. The way the House is acting, it's doubtful they will

intervene. I think that bunch may have already given up, sometimes. The Senate is a joke. Harry Reid is

doing a lot of the heavy lifting for Obama by thwarting every bill the House passes, so don't go saying one

branch is keeping us safe. Watch out for the day when Boehner starts crying again and encourages a

vote for some gun or mag restriction to appease Obama. He never learned his lessons. The Dems always

ask for way more than they expect to get. That's why they always win. He needs to be primary'd, bad.

There's a reason or two to keep your eyes on.

Guest ThePunisher

Won't be safe until we get rid of the Commie, Peolsi , Reid, Hllary, S. Jackson, M. Waters, Schumer, Schultz, Feinstein, Boxer and other ultra liberal wacko's, and some R's that have been in Washington too long. We need some new conservatives that will shake up the old culture of spend and tax Washington D.C.

Edited by ThePunisher

Vote out all incumbents where a Republican can take their place. Even if the incumbent is a Republican vote them out and replace them with a new Republican. That is the only way to effect change, send a clear message they only have one term unless they REALLY impress me and I can't recall a single representative that has.

I swore a long time ago that I will never again vote for the same person twice.

Dolomite

Guest 6.8 AR

That's a tactic that might work if enough people

understand and agree to work towards. Very

difficult. Just look at some of our discussions.

I would love to see it tried, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be safe until we get rid of the Commie, Peolsi , Reid, Hllary, S. Jackson, M. Waters, Schumer, Schultz, Feinstein, Boxer and other ultra liberal wacko's, and some R's that have been in Washington too long. We need some new conservatives that will shake up the old culture of spend and tax Washington D.C.

And RINOS like Alexander. Was he one of the 50 or is he planning on licking Obama's boots again?

Vote out all incumbents where a Republican can take their place. Even if the incumbent is a Republican vote them out and replace them with a new Republican. That is the only way to effect change, send a clear message they only have one term unless they REALLY impress me and I can't recall a single representative that has.

I swore a long time ago that I will never again vote for the same person twice.

Dolomite

That's a tactic that might work if enough people

understand and agree to work towards. Very

difficult. Just look at some of our discussions.

I would love to see it tried, though.

Good plan. Count me in

The UN, especially those countries who might try it, must realize it will not end well. There are probably more gun owners in this state alone than the number of troops other countries are willing to send here. Those countries willing to support the UN also realize that the soldiers they send here are probably not going to come home, at least not in the same condition they left.

There are far too many gun owners willing to fight to allow some foreigner take what it rightfully theirs.

Dolomite

If the kenyan gets reelected he has NOTHING to stop him and his agenda. Klinton and the kenyan are Constitutional Scholars. They know exactly what they are doing. They are all guilty of treason over this U.N Treaty. They should be impeached, fired, tried, prosecuted and incarcerated for treason. barry will plunge this country into economic collapse and turn our sovereignty over to the u.n in his next term. I truly hope "The People" make a stand. His "Sheeple" won't.

Guest 6.8 AR

What bothers me is that, sure, some agree about this, but how many, around here, ever agree on one thing

long enough to see to it to try to make something catch on? It's a conscience, or an ego or a bunch of cynics

chiming in saying it won't happen, or it is impossible. Self fulfilling prophesies occur here, daily.

I've been on both sides of it, also, but I've been trying to convince toward one direction and it still doesn't happen.

This is just a small sample of an election cycle and it can be depressing. Yet some fool will say "here he goes

again with the Tea Party". Yep, that's a group that has had better results than anyone else the last cycle than

all the cynicism can muster against it around here. Having such high expectations without a groundswell of

support is meaningless and, well, quite stupid. You will always be let down. You can't win the battle in one fight

and the one fight two years ago was won with who? The Tea Party folks, and they are still around working on

campaigns. Winning in primaries.

It takes a solid effort in a lot of areas, other than just a Presidential race, and if you put all your eggs in one

basket and think one particular candidate is going to be the savior, you've just become like an Obama supporter.

It takes the Senate, House and a President to do anything constructive this time. Can we at least agree on that?

Regardless of who the Republican candidate for President is, it will have to do to get Obama out, now. Hell, at

least you should try.

The House is still workable as it is. The Senate can be won and so can the Presidency.

I can't stand the thought of living through the start of the "Hunger Games".

Can you? Ronald Reagan wasn't the perfect candidate, either, but he sure as Hell was an improvement over

Jimmy Carter. Obama has to be beaten with every possible vote available. It's too late in the contest.

We need people holding seats and the White House until we quit watching American Idol, Top Gun or whatever

your favorite show is. Then, the work has to begin.

Guest ThePunisher

. Yet some fool will say "here he goes

again with the Tea Party". Yep, that's a group that had better results than anyone else the last cycle than

all the cynicism can muster against it around here.

The House is still workable as it is. The Senate can be won and so can the Presidency.

We need people holding seats and the White House until we quit watching American Idol, Top Gun or whatever

your favorite show is. Then, the work has to begin.

Yep, very good points for everyone to think about.

Sailid Shetty, Secretary General of Amnest International, said in a statement on 7/27/2012, "....President Obama has asked for more time to reach an agreement. How much more time does he want?"

The answer is obvious. Just as obama told Russian Prime Minister Medvedev, after his re-election, he would have more flexibility.

Can we afford to give him a few more years of "flexibility"?

Guest 6.8 AR

As far as anything else, other than that treaty,

you also have to remember you are never as

safe as you might think. There are plenty of

others trying to erode our freedom and they

never stop. Something like what Reagan

said, "Freedom is just one generation away

from extinction...". You get the point I hope.

That's why you can't let little things slip through

the cracks. We've been doing that for far too

long.