For the Libertarians Planning to write in Ron Paul

I can't argue with the statement but what empirical evidence do you have to think that it will ever change?

I've been voting in Presidential elections since 1973; the first year I was old enough to vote. Since then, I've I've never missed voting in a general election and I think only once have I missed a primary, even when deployed. I'm not a political junkie but because I tend to hold to specific political beliefs I've tended to watch what happens closely and occasionally I've involved myself when I thought an issue or a candidate justified my time. In all the years I've watched and in all the history I've looked at I've see nothing to lead me to conclude that a third party (or an additional party to the two big ones we have) will ever be more than an insignificant blip on the radar screen.

To be blunt, our system of elections simply doesn't seem geared to more than two parties....it might work in other countries but I don't see it happening here.

The Republican platform pretty much satisfies my political concerns; not perfectly but close enough and probably as close as any third party would. Most of what is wrong with the Republican party are those who control it...who are more married to the party than they are to principles. However, the infrastructure is there...as such, it seems to me that the most logical course of action is to keep pushing, contributing to and voting for candidates that most closely align with my political views; who will put principle ahead of party and the more true Constitutional Conservatives we can get elected the less relevant the Republican power brokers become.

So, if you want to vote for a third party or try to get a third party going...that's up to you, I just don't think it's the way to effect real change.

Very fair rebuttal.

Guest ThePunisher

Punisher, Is no vote a wasted vote? Am I better off not to vote since a third party has zero chance? What if I had planned on voting for Obama and then voted third party, would that make you feel better? Defeatism = Acceptance of or resignation to the prospect of defeat. I was always told to never accept defeat. Maybe my Brothers and Sisters that I have fought beside in Iraq and Afghanistan should have just gave up while there. We knew the war wouldn't be won by the small part we played. Great outlook, and with it, no change will ever take place. I can see George Washington at Valley Forge during the winter, walking around like Eeyore, telling everyone "why keep trying, defeat is inevitable, the British just have too many soldiers and too much money"

Robert, It may be a slim vote now, but It will always be a slim vote if we never make the change.

Didn't everyone have a chance to vote these third party people RP and GJ in the republican primary process? Wasn't there about 12 or 13 people who were trying at one time or another to become the nominee? More candidates than i can ever remember trying for the R nomination, and all everybody bitched about was I don't like none of these candidates? I believe you could of had 100 more candidates, and the people would still be bitching about there is not anybody I like. If RP or GJ were so good for the country, how come neither of them won the nomination.

The fact is that Romney was the winner of the R nomination process, and he was not my choice, but I'm going to support him because he is the only hope of removing the commie from the WH. There were quiet a few people that think there is a significant difference between Obama and Romney, but we will just have to wait and see in November if the people of this country want to make a change.

Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the cowards way out, in my humble opinion. Just like I refuse to reward negative behavior of my child's, no matter how inconvenienced I may be, I refuse to reward either of these lying scum with my vote for the presidency.

I am prepared for this downward spiral which our country is in to come to a crashing and burning end. I am convinced the only way we will once again become a great nation is to start over from scratch. I am prepared and unafraid. I refuse to set aside my convictions for fear of evil, the lesser or otherwise.

We, as spoiled Americans, have allowed our once great nation to be overtaken by the devil of many disguises. Now it is our duty to bring her back. You'll not convince me that continuing down the same roads will accomplish that goal.

We cannot continue to treat our elections as a 'may the best liar win', contest. And that is exactly what a majority of you are doing. You look just as stupid as the asshats you are voting for.

As I think I've said in the past, at this point in time, I am certain many of you would vote for a convicted child molester, if you thought it would be best way to keep Obama from getting re-elected.

• Like 5

Didn't everyone have a chance to vote these third party people RP and GJ in the republican primary process? Wasn't there about 12 or 13 people who were trying at one time or another to become the nominee? More candidates than i can ever remember trying for the R nomination, and all everybody bitched about was I don't like none of these candidates? I believe you could of had 100 more candidates, and the people would still be bitching about there is not anybody I like. If RP or GJ were so good for the country, how come neither of them won the nomination.

The fact is that Romney was the winner of the R nomination process, and he was not my choice, but I'm going to support him because he is the only hope of removing the commie from the WH. There were quiet a few people that think there is a significant difference between Obama and Romney, but we will just have to wait and see in November if the people of this country want to make a change.

Your correct in the fact that RP and GJ didn't win a nomination. That doesn't necessarily reflect their possible worth to the country. They also are not necessarily the saviors of the country.

My position is not based on the third party candidate. My position is based on the continual failure of the two party system and attempting to find a way to change it. As it stands now, the only way I see it change is with competition provided by a third party. Overall I identify somewhere in the middle of the Republican and Libertarian parties. I feel that the Republican party is not putting forth the best candidate but the most electable, which in turn is a sad reflection on the state of this country.

Maybe the first step is just getting Obama out of office. Maybe Romney will be worse, maybe better. Many have stated we need to start with Congress and the House, which I agree.

The biggest problems I have are

1. How does a Multimillionaire (which most, if not every politician is) understand anything that affects my family.

2. I don't believe in voting for someone who I can't trust. Every candidate put forth by either party has more flip flops in their career than a beach in the middle of summer.

3. There is nothing that has been presented from either candidate that moves me or makes me believe in them.

What better way to get them off the couch than some competition? Think of it as job security. What makes someone more worried than when their replacement or what could be perceived as their replacement is hired? If it doesn't make you work harder, nothing will.

Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the cowards way out, in my humble opinion. Just like I refuse to reward negative behavior of my child's, no matter how inconvenienced I may be, I refuse to reward either of these lying scum with my vote for the presidency.

I am prepared for this downward spiral which our country is in to come to a crashing and burning end. I am convinced the only way we will once again become a great nation is to start over from scratch. I am prepared and unafraid. I refuse to set aside my convictions for fear of evil, the lesser or otherwise.

We, as spoiled Americans, have allowed our once great nation to be overtaken by the devil of many disguises. Now it is our duty to bring her back. You'll not convince me that continuing down the same roads will accomplish that goal.

We cannot continue to treat our elections as a 'may the best liar win', contest. And that is exactly what a majority of you are doing. You look just as stupid as the asshats you are voting for.

As I think I've said in the past, at this point in time, I am certain many of you would vote for a convicted child molester, if you thought it would be best way to keep Obama from getting re-elected.

:up: I feel ya

557074_426741950711996_373310343_n.jpg

Well Lincoln was a Third Party candidate.
I hate to say it but this is kinda how Lincoln one. One Party, I think Dems, (I am not fact checking) was so concerned about him winning, they had several candidates on the ballet against him. Lincoln wasn't even on the ballet in some states and he won because the vote was split in the main parties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1860 Allot of people really dislike the current pretty much 2 party system. However sport for 3rd parties is growing.

BTW, speaking of Representation, no matter who wins, they are suppose to represent all the people, not just the selective interest. That is something they forget. A house divided against it's self and all. People haven't learned from history.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

This-is-Sparta.jpg

Edited by sigmtnman
Guest ThePunisher

The US had to ally with the lesser of two evils ( Stalin and Communism ) to defeat the more evil ( Hilter and Facism ) before they could deal with Communism. Voting for the lesser of the two evils eventually eliminates evil of any consequences.

Nobody, not even you are prepared to deal with Big Crash and burning end.

I believe that the devil has taken the form of Obama who is destroying our country.

Everybody that votes and even those that don't take advantage of the voting privileges, and take everything for granted are to blame for the woes of our country. Everybody has become complacent without even noticing the slow tyranny taking place in our country.

If you've not noticed the last 4 years, Obama has been viciously molesting our liberties and freedoms. If he gets re-elected, then you will feel like an enslaved prostitute with ball and chains. Stock up on the lubricant.

Guest HvyMtl

Explain how less than 1% of the vote going to GJ is going to change anything? At all?

- OS

Well, ask Al Gore if a 3rd party candidate can lose an election. Ralph Nader? Ring a bell?

All this molesting our freedoms stuff. Congress has done more molesting and damaging. They need to go, too. (Oh wait, their GOP, so vote them back in, cause the Dem HAS to be worse...)

Point is this: We, the people, have allowed 2 parties carte blanche to our Nation's government. They, in turn, have worked TOGETHER to make it impossible for any other party to have a ghost of a chance. This, in turn, has artifically limited the politics and policy of our great nation. We either vote One or the Other. Not for the "better candidate," but for the "lesser of 2 evils" candidate.

And we have NO ONE TO BLAME, BUT OURSELVES.

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest ThePunisher

The TeaParty is the beginning of reforming the R party. Now you need an alternative in the D party, maybe some more of the so-called blue dog democrats, specifically conservative democrats.

If Romney's was to win and was absolutely abhorent for the next four years, I believe we would hear the same reasoning we have heard this entire election cycle except next time it will be that we can't primary Romney because we will need him to beat Hillary.

Guest ThePunisher

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

This-is-Sparta.jpg

Molon Labe until the commie says turn 'em in, and everybody says yessa master. It's gonna be a piece of cake for the commie.

Edited by ThePunisher
Guest Springfield1911guy

Irrelevant third party voter checking in here. One more vote for Obama. Long live the king!

I know that this is a not a gambling site, but I'm willing to bet that America will still be around in four years regardless which of these ducks wins the election. It may be better, it may be worse, but it will be what we have allowed it to become because we are so loyal to the crooked two party system.

Are those chickens that I see returning home?

Agreed. I am so damned sick and tired of voting for whom I think will do the least damage to the country!

The 2 party system sucks, because the 2 parties suck. There ls no longer any disernable difference between the two. Those that keep telling us that a vote for anyone other than the GOP nominee is a vote for Obama, are the ones that make it almost impossible to have a viable multi party system.

I refuse to vote for the least evil anymore. I will vote my conscience. I can't imagine the Founding Fathers doing it any other way.

Molon Labe until the commie says turn 'em in, and everybody says yessa master. It's gonna be a piece of cake for the commie.

Not so sure. We're talking lots of people, and no registry in most states. They gotta pass an anti-gun law before I get worried. It's the same old people sponsoring the bills.

Not so sure. We're talking lots of people, and no registry in most states. They gotta pass an anti-gun law before I get worried. It's the same old people sponsoring the bills.

Won't need an anti gun law in the gulag. I'm looking forward to the greens though.

Reckon they will have pepper sauce?

Edited by sigmtnman

That is what bothers me about anti gun laws etc. I don't think it would be a snatch and grab where they just go door to door taking everybodys guns I think first it would resemble the machine gun ban where folks have to register certain firearms then no more can be sold of a certain type or caliber , aswell as mag capacity etc. Then once every gun owner is on a list with certain "Evil weapons " then someone does some crazy move with their registerd weapons and the rest of the country calls for the destruction of said weapons and decides to make it law, then all the law abiding citizens will turn them in to be destroyed and the ones who dont wont be called patriots but would be labled extremist , or whatever by the media , and the rest of the country will stand by and watch as they are hunted down and arrested . Just a theory but thats the only way I could imagine a gunban being successfully executed in this country , Don't get be wrong the government could pass some outrageous law stating they are banned and tell everyone to turn them in but as it stands if it isnt registered most people wont and going door to door would be an invitation to disaster.

Guest 6.8 AR

You just never know how these things come about. Hitler was very successful for his short reign. He is

a role model for some presently in power. With the way people tend to rationalize their brains away, I

don't doubt the same process will be used again.

I may even be guilty of the rationalization process by my choice of political expectations, but I'm trying

to do something about getting some of the bad politicians out. We'll see how it works out.

I don't think the system is broke. I think the minds of the people have been swayed by false and misleading

arguments that are filled with half-truths and sometimes outright lies in a way to change our attitudes and let

it break down due to complacency and misunderstanding. When you are exposed to this sort of deception for

a hundred years or so, a percentage will always fall into this sort of trap. It may be too late, but that doesn't

mean don't try to get it back.

Yeh, both sides are doing this. All that reaching across the aisle crap and compromising got us where we are today.

There are so damned many ignorant voters who believe that a vote for a 3rd party candidate with NO chance of being elected is an effective protest policy that I despair of retaining my freedom.

You damned fools get what you deserve, and the rest of us get what YOU deserve also.

Obama is smarter than all of you put together.

I'm pretty sure name calling isn't looked upon very highly on this forum. You wouldn't talk this way to someone face to face. Grow up.

• Like 2