For the Libertarians Planning to write in Ron Paul

I see...those who aren't crazy in love with Romney as a candidate but are being pragmatic are sheep. Thanks for clearing that up.

No need to be offended, if you are, but if the masses were voting for someone else, would you lead and vote for Romney or follow and vote for whoever the masses were voting for?

You call it pragmatism, that's fine. But f you aren't voting for who you think is best, but rather who the masses are going to vote for, then I call it something else. No biggie.

I wonder...what about the people who think neither Paul and/or Johnson are the answer but think Obama will destroy the country...if they vote for Romney are they "sheep" too or would voting for Romney in that case be okay???

I think those people are the same as the above.

I'm not a 'Paul bot' - I've never voted for him in an election and doubt that will start anytime soon, though I've not decided yet. I will say that anyone who votes for someone other than who they think is best for the job because of pragmatism, herd-mentality - whatever you want to call it - isn't helping.

Certainly no better than someone voting for a person they believe is the best person for the job. This whole discussion is happening because some folks are so scared of Obama (there's always something to be scared of if you listen tot he republicans - every single election is 'the most important ever') winning the election they're taking shots at people who refuse to vote for Romney. I'm just tired of seeing folks take shots at those who wish to cast their vote for who they actually believe is the best person for the job instead of falling in line with what the masses are predicted to do.

But whatever, it's really no big deal - vote for whoever you want. Those who wish can continue to bash the people who are voting from their hearts, and if Obama wins again this fall, I'm sure the blame will be placed squarely the independent voters. Rinse and repeat, same as it ever was.

But whatever, it's really no big deal - vote for whoever you want. Those who wish can continue to bash the people who are voting from their hearts, and if Obama wins again this fall, I'm sure the blame will be placed squarely the independent voters. Rinse and repeat, same as it ever was.

It's not a big deal here. I thought we were just having a discussion. If you wind up having too shoot all that ammo thru a single shot rifle, it won't be decided in Tennessee. Romney has it locked. There may be other elections that matter. This one, we're just doing what we do... flogging the dead horse out of boredom :)

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Not trying to change anyone's vote, but what

exactly was Johnson's record as Governor, since

that is the criticism of Romney?

All I know about Johnson is that he vetoed a lot,

not that that is a bad thing, but I don't really know

any more about his libertarian history past that.

Veto power is very important, but is hardly a libertarian

principle.

His ads are good. What else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to change anyone's vote, but what

exactly was Johnson's record as Governor, since

that is the criticism of Romney?

All I know about Johnson is that he vetoed a lot,

not that that is a bad thing, but I don't really know

any more about his libertarian history past that.

Veto power is very important, but is hardly a libertarian

principle.

His ads are good. What else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now...if you start asking questions like that you are just going to interject facts into it...I think for a lot of folks, they are "for" Johnson because he isn't Romney. :) Edited by RobertNashville

I'm sure you can find more if you're really interested, but he accomplished quite a few of the very things most here claim we need as a country in his tiome as Governor of NM:

• Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
  • Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
  • Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
  • Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
  • Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
  • Created more than 20,000 new jobs
  • First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
  • Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
  • Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
  • Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
  • Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature

More here: http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues

And for the record, I have no idea if I'll vote for him or not - just saying, he's certainly a lot closer to most of the expressed views here than Romney, though he has 'no chance'.

• Like 1

I'm sure you can find more if you're really interested, but he accomplished quite a few of the very things most here claim we need as a country in his tiome as Governor of NM:

• Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
  • Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
  • First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
  • Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million

And for the record, I have no idea if I'll vote for him or not - just saying, he's certainly a lot closer to most of the expressed views here than Romney, though he has 'no chance'.

:up:

I would like to hear an argument for Romney without mentioning Obama .

And would like to hear why I should choose Romney over Johnson without saying , "Cant win" or Unelectable.

To what purpose - I suspect that there isn't anything that could be said that would change your mind.

In any case, the reasons have been stated many, many times indicating that you either haven't listened or have listened and rejected them so there is no reason why anyone should waste more of their time stating them again.

Edited by RobertNashville

I would like to hear an argument for Romney without mentioning Obama .

And would like to hear why I should choose Romney over Johnson without saying , "Cant win" or Unelectable.

Best I can tell, my only reason for not voting Johnson would be that he can't win. It's your right to chose to ignore that fact, but it doesn't make me ignore it too. Reality is a bitch, but most of us are stuck with it.

Romney=capitalist. Obabama=communist. Isn't that enough?

Without the Main stream Media the two Party system would fall apart .Without being told a certain candidate couldnt win or that a certain candidate can win Voters would choose to vote based upon qualifications alone

What makes you think that? The people living on Obamabucks are going to vote to continue that. If information flow was cut off, how would anybody know anything. Not defending the MSM either.

The system has lots of flaws, but is still probably the best one out there... kinda like Romney :)

Guest 6.8 AR

Thank you crimson. I probably should have gone their myself, but I haven't considered him much of a contender

after I saw him on several shows. Just lazy I guess.

It is a better record than I expected.

Now to my other question, like I asked about Ron Paul, why can't these people get traction? I know part of it is that

the media doesn't give them the time of day and are mostly pulling for the Obama machine, except in the case of

Fox, which is the sole outlet showing any kind of bias towards Romney. They were the one place that I saw Gary

Johnson on an interview. I also heard him once on the radio.

Could I have already answered my question? Probably, and if only these third party candidates lack the polish to

become one of the "American Idols". You realize that is necessary, don't you?

If one candidate is considered "also ran" when he or she starts the campaign, it's pretty much all over.

I like his ads, just don't see him getting enough traction. And, yes, it is important enough to me to get Obama out of office.

If third party candidates would start a grass roots movement with lower level public office positions,

they might see a better success rate when they get to higher ones.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Thank you crimson. I probably should have gone their myself, but I haven't considered him much of a contender

after I saw him on several shows. Just lazy I guess.

It is a better record than I expected.

Now to my other question, like I asked about Ron Paul, why can't these people get traction? I know part of it is that

the media doesn't give them the time of day and are mostly pulling for the Obama machine, except in the case of

Fox, which is the sole outlet showing any kind of bias towards Romney. They were the one place that I saw Gary

Johnson on an interview. I also heard him once on the radio.

Could I have already answered my question? Probably, and if only these third party candidates lack the polish to

become one of the "American Idols". You realize that is necessary, don't you?

If one candidate is considered "also ran" when he or she starts the campaign, it's pretty much all over.

I like his ads, just don't see him getting enough traction. And, yes, it is important enough to me to get Obama out of office.

If third party candidates would start a grass roots movement with lower level public office positions,

they might see a better success rate when they get to higher ones.

I saw that guy on an interview. He's great. The voting public... sucks.