Top Chinese general in unusual move tells troops to ready for combat with Japan

If they do that, they will be forcing Americas hand. We have thousands of troops over there. I was stationed on Okinawa, and if I remember right there are 16 U.S. military facilities on Okinawa, not counting main land Japan. If they did this, which I don't think they will, but if they did it would start WW3

I know we have troops and large naval force there. China could send ships and try a bluff. Obama has stood by and let a lot happen in other areas. Don't know if Japan would go it alone, doubt it. China could get the islands back without firing a shot. Work out a "face saving" deal.

China is going to do whatever they want, and unless they attack japan; no one is going to do jack.

Prepare for war with who… Japan? That would last a week. Japan doesn’t have the ability to stop an attack from China.

If we get into it, it will be WWIII; and that won’t end well for anyone.

It's not just about islands. The Chinese are still highly po'd about what the Japanese did to them just prior to and during WW2. I read yesterday where young mainland Chinese have been conducting demonstrations against Japan the last few days. Those demo's have to have been orchestrated by the government. They evidently have really long memories.

And they really get ticked when you mistakenly refer to them as another nationality. Kind of like how the Pakistanis do when you think they are from India.

Yes. We had several fist fights break out between all of them. Those of us from the states also learned lots of insults in all of the above languages, and profited when the mothers came in town and fed us.

There was some irony though because one of the families owned a Korean BBQ restaurant in China. Always thought that was funny.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

China is going to do whatever they want, and unless they attack japan; no one is going to do jack.

Prepare for war with who… Japan? That would last a week. Japan doesn’t have the ability to stop an attack from China.

But... Japan does have one of the largest supplies of plutonium metal in the world (via reprocessing), and the ability to produce a weapon in weeks if they tossed out the IAEA protocols. And China is very well aware of this. Talking about ultimate kamikaze....

If I recall my history lesson correctly, the Japan only has a defense force. US is to protect them if they are attacked. Part of WWII treaty. I can't believe China would want to go to war with US. However I do believe they may want to start pushing US around.

Edited by greenego
  • Like 1

If I recall my history lesson correctly, the Japan only has a defense force. US is to protect them if they are attacked. Part of WWII treaty. I can't believe China would want to go to war with US. However I do believe they may want to start pushing US around.

That hasn't expired yet?