How Obama Really Got Elected in Chicago

I saw this report this Am from:gasp: CNN news.

From story:

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/29/obamas.first.campaign/index.html#cnnSTCText

So basically he used sneaky tactics to remove the three opposing runners so there was literally no competition to run against him! No wonder he was elected by a landslide :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bang-flash

Never happen. No group, foreign or domestic has the capabilities to get a shot in.

I could be wrong though. Just don't see it happening.

Guest bkelm18
Never happen. No group, foreign or domestic has the capabilities to get a shot in.

Yeah because Presidents have never been assassinated or have had attempts made. I've heard many high up politicians comment on would be assassins. What they basically all agree on is that if the assassin is willing to die for his/her cause, then they will likely succeed given the right preparation and the right opportunity.

Guest 2Old
Its already in shambles

Your statistics say you're only 21 years old... when you've lived twice or three times that long you're likely to look back and think these were the good old days.

I got to work (Chauffer around :D) with the Secret Service for two weeks prior to the President coming to town.

They do not share your assessment of the situation.

I worked in DC during Reagan, Bush 41 and Clinton. In my job I traveled with the Pres on most every trip, here and abroad. During Clinton the Secret Service was very nervous. The press was used as a buffer on many occasions. Before you guys go saying that the press and Bill should have gotten a round parked in'em. I was one of those guys that would have gotten it. Still at it too.

The Secret Service are very very good at their jobs, but they will tell you that they only have to drop the ball once. It can happen.

Guest nraforlife

Michelle is going to cause Barack to lose. She, I believe, more than he is a Rev Wright moonbat. His excuse for the Rev Wright BS is that he wasn't in church for the Rev's racist rants. What's hers?

Guest Glknknox

If Hitlery were elected at least we would kind of know what to expect.

Obamanation would be a whole new experiance.

Guest SomeGuy
It would be worse if Hillary gets it! I'm just sayin...

Hillary is easier to hate/defeat. Problem is, the GOP has done such a grand job of ticking off the entire country it may be impossible for the R party to win for a while.

Guest mikedwood

I would imagine that if Obama wins there will be riots of joy in some areas, and if he loses riots of anger. Odds are 100% chance of a riot in some select.... ummmm impoverished areas no matter what the outcome.