carry ing a gun and asked to leave hypothetical

Guest kwikrnu

Guest nraforlife
I swear I decided to never respond to one of your posts again. Good lord you are so far over the top I can't take it anymore. I really need to just not read threads you start.

Whose freakin side are you on? Why would you want to make an issue out of carrying a weapon where you know good and well they do not want you?

Now you think it is a good business oppurtunity screwing over people like me who like to fly under the radar at places that are improperly posted.

What the hell is your problem?

Agree 100% on the flying under the radar screen. Absolutely NO NEED to disturb the sheep, let them keep eating their cud while I'll go about my business in a peaceful and quite manner.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Liberty Seeker
The funny thing is how we (people in general) accept discrimination against armed citizens.

If someone was asked to leave a business (or a sign posted) because of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religious beliefs people would be in outrage.

Even if it was because of hair color, style of dress, length of hair, color of lipstick...while there may not be "outrage" there would be a somewhat publicly accepted as wrong.

Not Really, bikers are treated that way often, and it doesn't seem to bother the sheeple.:mad:

Guest canynracer

Kwik, Is there some lame reason you choose to create conflict? You seem to get a kick out of looking for things to get worked up about.

Guest tcampbell
I swear I decided to never respond to one of your posts again. Good lord you are so far over the top I can't take it anymore. I really need to just not read threads you start.

Whose freakin side are you on? Why would you want to make an issue out of carrying a weapon where you know good and well they do not want you?

Now you think it is a good business oppurtunity screwing over people like me who like to fly under the radar at places that are improperly posted.

+1 and 1 more...and a million more...

Voldemort...why are you trying to make it difficult for the rest of us. Jeez, dude. Get a grip. None of the malls that I know of in the Nashville area are properly posted. They have their little code of conduct for liability issues. Keep it concealed when going to these places and you will most likely never ever be bothered. Why do you want to tell them they are not properly posted. If they don't know the law...that is their problem. Any place that you go to can ask you to leave, posting or no posting. If you resist, you can be charged with criminal trespassing. If you go back armed, you can be charged with criminal trespassing. If the place is legally posted, then you cannot legally enter. Just because the law says you can open carry doesn't mean it is a good idea to do so. If you came where I work on weekends and you open carried, I would tell you to conceal it or leave. If you didn't conceal it or leave, you would most likely be facing criminal trespass charges. Why ? Because Joe Smoe may not be comfortable with it and I wouldn't want you making folks uncomfortable where I work. I don't open carry because I don't want to attract attention to myself like you do. You must get a real charge out of going somewhere doing open carry...thinking..."Hey..look at me...I have a gun!!!" Maybe you should buy a black t-shirt with the words "SECURITY" on the back....then when you are walking through the mall doing open carry, just tell the other gaurds you are working undercover....yeah....that should go over real well.

Guest tcampbell
I'd be making the entire mall a safe place. If there are signs all around that would mean that no one would ever carry a gun except profesional law enforcement officers and that no one would would ever be shot.

Yeah...that'll keep the bad guys out...:mad:

You would make the mall safer by not taking a loaded gun in with you.....the rest of us will keep ourselves and family safe by carrying concealed, cocked and locked...and not attracting unwanted attention.

Guest tcampbell
Opry mills mall to my knowledge has no signs of any kind on their doors.

The only way to leave opry mills property is to take a swim in the cumberland or get on the freeway.

They have a back entrance...goes behind the hotel...they also have a walking bridge across the cumberland river to the shelby bottoms greenway. I was out at bass pro a few weeks ago. I carried concealed with no issues. Had my XD 9 service model in a blackhawk CQC on my hip. Had a short sleev dress shirt on...didn't even print. Matter of fact, one of the clerks helped me out with something....and he didn't even notice, or if he did, he didn't care. If you keep it concealed and they don't know you have it, then there will be no problems....just follow the law and keep it legal.

Guest tcampbell
So you would just leave? Where would you go? What happens when your new bride wondering what happened to you?

make sure you tell the security guard that your new bride will need a translator when they find her...:mad::D:D:D

Guest nraforlife
make sure you tell the security guard that your new bride will need a translator when they find her...:cool::D:D:D

I swear I wasn't going to laugh but I can't help it. Now thats funny :tough:

Guest kwikrnu

Sounds like you have a problem with your state representatives. They made the law not me. It also sounds as if you have a problem with the stores where you shop. If you disagree with their policy then don't shop there. :tough:

Guest kwikrnu
make sure you tell the security guard that your new bride will need a translator when they find her...:tough::D:D:D

Tungstens wife doesn't speak English?

Bond money and having a lawyer on retainer…. That is all you need.

Since you know that the mall is posted, and since the AG’s opinion seems to verify that it is posted legally; you are once again preparing to get into a pizzing match with the authorities that you are going to lose.

So just let your family know that if you are not at the designated meeting place; check the local jail. :tough:

hi,

seems to me if a property owner does not want weapons on their property and posts that in ANY way -- be it technically "legal" or not , their wishes should be respected. --- we, as legal carriers have the option of removing our weapons or going elsewhere to do our business.

making a big issue of it defeats the purpose of 'concealed'.

might as well carry a sign around your neck that says 'i've got a gun'.

that way the bad guys know who to shoot first.

some people need to grow up.

my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

bob

seems to me if a property owner does not want weapons on their property and posts that in ANY way -- be it technically "legal" or not , their wishes should be respected.

That’s the long and short of it for me. Business owners have rights and responsibilities and they must do what they see fit to protect their customers and their business. If I don’t agree with them I go somewhere else.

Get legislation that removes the liability of business owners and I believe this problem will go away.

+1 !!!!! I completely agree with Mike.357

I'm one of the one's that carry concealed and just ignore the signs and 'fly under the radar" all the time. I've had a carry permit for over 10 years with not one issue anywhere. Kwik, you really need to reconsider your options and think about what you're doing.

Guest nraforlife
... Kwik, you really need to reconsider your options and think about what you're doing.

THINK is the key word here......

I know we have Mall Ninjas, but do we have Mall Lawyers now? :D

No… but we have forum lawyers, which in my opinion are more dangerous than Mall Ninjas. :D

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.