AR-15 value???

Guest theone19

Guest theone19

Looking to enlist the help of everyone that knows more than I do.

First off I'm trading into this so I am not putting cash into this.

Now onto the gun,

The lower is a standard Dpms lower with full stock,

The upper is an armalite a2 (I believe?) fixed carry handle, with a 20" 1/7 twist free float chrome bull barrel that is slimmed down under the hand guard.

Come with 1 10rd mag. and only 50 rds fired.

Now onto the value. I'm not sure what's it worth and trying not to get burnt on my trade.

Please help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go to the guns sale sites to see what they are selling for. also go over to the ar site and asked the same question. it/they will give you a price range. with home made ar i have seen the price all over the place. most ar buyers want an ar that is all of the same brand/parts, not a parts gun from different brands. some try to get a little more money than what they have in the parts. but it all comes down to is what you want for it and what the other guy wants to pay for it.

Fixed carry handle models are not very popular right now so you would be very hard pressed to sell it for $650 if you intend on reselling it. It is a gun put together by someone other than the factory and they generally do not garner the same amount of value as a factory built gun. Honestly I have seen DPMS hodge podge guns sell for under $600 regularly and on occassion under $500. I would view this one the same way.

Complete, factory built, DPMS guns can be bought for under $600 at any Walmart now. You can also buy S&W AR-15's for under $700 as well.

Dolomite

Since we are talking about an DPMS & Armalite parts gun put together by an unknown builder, value to me would be cost of parts, minus 25% because the weapon & parts are now considered "used" and no one is going to pay anywhere near "new" prices on "used" parts from either of those two manufacturers.

The actual configuration isnt a bad or less desireable one, at least not in my opinion, A2 standard service rifles are great rifles, they just are not as tacticool these days and a bunch of aftermarket junk cant be hung on them as easily.