Palmeto state armory good price on AR uppers?

seez52

Their shipping and order pulling is rough right now. If it makes you feel any better I think it goes both ways. Awhile back there was a guy that posted a thread about getting shipped 10 lowers when he only ordered 3 or something like that. It made me wonder how many other times that happened and the customer decided to just keep it for their trouble.

I wonder if I started telling my wife all these orders were Christams gifts if it would make them easier to get in the house!

Edited by ShamGlock

Update on my brother's lower parts. He called CS and had no problem getting through. Told the guy his problem/he looked up the order, and said he would take care of it. He got a UPS tracking notification yesterday. So we shall see if they sent all the correct replacement parts.

Is their customer service department the ones forgetting to include all the correct parts to LPK's? Or installing the wrong gas tubes? ....

I found the "gas tube" thread on some board. Best I remember, there were exactly a whopping three or four done that way. And of course they rectified that prob with the customers. PSA also said that changed their whole quality control procedure and they now test fire all their own uppers before shipping -- this is now stated in their product description:

"Each upper is assembled to order with US-made parts, and test fired to check gas function."

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

That's the truth OS. I've done business with JoeBobs and think they're great, unfortunately the best customer service in the world is little help when you dont have the inventory...

Yep, matter of fact, I bought LPK and stock assembly from Joe Bob, but out of everything else I was after.

- OS

They have had, or should I say I have had a problem with getting through on the phone for several years.

I quit using them for a long time, but I have ordered some stuff from them without any human interaction

and got the stuff in a reasonable time. They seem to be like a lot of web based companies. It can be

aggravating and I have started calling ahead before I decide to order from any of them.

One place I have never had a problem with is JSE Surplus. I called about a delayed shipment with them once,

and just jumped the gun and the shipment showed up the next day. They are my favorite online store.

Bought a complete upper for my son last Christmas. No problems with the order or delivery. They sent me tracking number and an email when it left the shop. Was impressed with it considering what I paid, and at the time free shipping. Works great.

I would, and will probably buy from them again without a thought.

Things could have changed since last year though.

But I started looking around, and there seems to be a real AR buying panic.

What seems to be crazy about this is that everybody is out of stock of everything amost all the time, but when they do have stock on hand, most places seem to have pretty cheap prices. Usually prices rise dramatically in he face of such demand. It may be a wise move to keep prices low by the retailers though. If people stock up on cheap parts now, they may be willing to pay more for the parts needed to complete their builds later.

It really is odd to see such low prices during a phase of high demand. On the other hand, maybe the retailers just want to arm as many people as they can for any coming trouble we may face.

To be fair, they have 3 brick and mortar stores; guess one could go in and rant at them in person. :)

- OS

I wonder how far they are off course for me when I get back over to Calabash? I didn't know that.

I thought about trying that place in NC, last time, FTF Industries. They have a lot of old and I guess some

new AK and AR kits and a lot of other stuff.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Is their customer service department the ones forgetting to include all the correct parts to LPK's? Or installing the wrong gas tubes? They seem to be getting a lot of the blame for what isn't their fault....although they're definitely lacking in other areas.

These threads make me sound anti-PSA and I'm not. I'm more disappointed that what used to be a pretty good company continually ignores it's screwups and then blames customers. Time after time I've watched them and their followers gang up on people with legitimate complaints. That's not a business I really want to support and I would rather buy from another company that respects its customers enough to not lie to them.

Same thing happened with Spikes, I am not sure why certain folks "fanboi" companies to the extent that they do, ignoring (or worse excusing) legitimate complaints is just bad for business.

Same thing happened with Spikes, I am not sure why certain folks "fanboi" companies to the extent that they do, ignoring (or worse excusing) legitimate complaints is just bad for business.

Yea I had a problem with Spikes over some MRP stuff. Fixed in the end but I wasn't pleased when I walked away.

Yes, there were only a few of those uppers that made it out the door (that we know about b/c they were posted on Arfcom). Something that egregious never should have happened IMO. But no one is perfect, #### happens, etc......things were fixed in the end. That's how it should be handled by ALL companies. IIRC, the owner handled that personally and someone rightfully lost their job.

My issue with them is constant mistakes/missing parts (indicating they don't learn), extremely hard to contact (unless you're starting a negative feedback thread about them - and even then, they might delete it if you post it in their subforum), CS that appears to be zero help, etc.

I could care less about shipping times and I believe they're upfront about that. Again, my gripe with PSA is about exactly what Major Kong went through. His experience is not unique.

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably order a lower from PSA, but with companies like G and R tactical offering great lpk's with pieces you select and BCM offering far better...everything else non lpk related (unless you buy their complete lower then you get great lpk)... I don't see a reason to deal with PSA. ymmv.