Glock 20 10mm review

TNrifleman

I don't post much but I recently traded a member for a gen 3 glock 20 and I have to say what a awesome handgun it is. I shot regular factory 10mm then ordered some underwood full power loads and tested them and I have to wonder what all the complaints about the 10mm were ,this gun handled all loads with ease and shot great . I then ordered a lone wolf 10-40 conversion and tested it, it functioned flawlessly with the 40 s&w in the 10 mm mags the large frame and heavy slide soaked up the recoil and it was like shooting a 9 mm . So if anybody is on the fence about 10mm im a fan now and I say go for it it's my new favorite pistol.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10 mm is a good idea. Plenty of power and firepower (....read that rounds availabile without reloading, in the glock, that is....) in a flat, semiauto pistol. The 10 mm is the closest thing to a "real varmit stopper" that ya can buy in a semiauto pistol. I like all of 'em.

leroy

I just got a 10MM Glock 20SF a few weeks ago and love it. i was shooting Double Tap 135's @ 1600 fps and it was a beast. It was almost as accurate as my Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm. I first started out with 180gr Georgia Arms 10mm and the pistol was all over the place for the first box. Starting on the second box the groups started tightening up. So I guess even a Glock needs a break in period. I'm puting on a set of Heine Straight Eight Nght Sights on it. I have allready pit on a Vickers exetended magazine release to include a extended slife release. I have heard good this about the 6" barrel for it.

Edited by R1100R

10mm's are awesome. I have a G2 20 with a lonewolf barrel and compensator. I like the Doubletap 200 SWC hard lead load. But have the 135gr Nosler shells too. If you are shooting any ammo that can found on the shelves at BassPro. You are not loading your 10 properly. You are just carrying 40 S&W (Short and Weak).

None of the big commercial ammo companies load the 10mm to the original specs. They all use the watered down "Lady FBI Agent" load. The only ones I know of that load it correctly are Doubletap and Buffalo Bore...but there may be a couple others out there. Georgia Arms loads it light, at least they did last year. I don't know if they still do. If it is a 165 grain bullet, it should probably be somewhere around 1450 FPS IIRC. The 200gr Hard Cast bullets clock right at 1300 out of mine.

I concur.

I've been an aficionado of the 10MM since about 1993 when I bought my first 10MM handgun (a Cold Double Eagle purchased in the fall of 1993 - it was sort of a protest buy just before the wonderful Brady Bill went into effect). The Cold DE is gone (as are other firearms I still wish I owned) but I have a couple of other 1911s in 10MM - overall, however, I don't think anything can beat the G20 for 10MM accuracy, performance and control.

It's just damn fun to shoot and I usually have it on me either as my primary weapon or as my bug.

10mm's are awesome. I have a G2 20 with a lonewolf barrel and compensator. I like the Doubletap 200 SWC hard lead load. But have the 135gr Nosler shells too. If you are shooting any ammo that can found on the shelves at BassPro. You are not loading your 10 properly. You are just carrying 40 S&W (Short and Weak).

None of the big commercial ammo companies load the 10mm to the original specs. They all use the watered down "Lady FBI Agent" load. The only ones I know of that load it correctly are Doubletap and Buffalo Bore...but there may be a couple others out there. Georgia Arms loads it light, at least they did last year. I don't know if they still do. If it is a 165 grain bullet, it should probably be somewhere around 1450 FPS IIRC. The 200gr Hard Cast bullets clock right at 1300 out of mine.

Underwood Ammo loads them very stout, and the 180gr with the Gold Dots is what I typically have in my Glock 20. There is a guy on youtube that maintains a crono'd list of all of the 10mm loads he can get his hands on. The google doc link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjsXvXEryDJjdFhsRUcwSHRUcktCMmhOMTVFa25xa1E#gid=0 and it should be publicly accessible. He updates it as he tests new loads.

Underwood Ammo loads them very stout, and the 180gr with the Gold Dots is what I typically have in my Glock 20. There is a guy on youtube that maintains a crono'd list of all of the 10mm loads he can get his hands on. The google doc link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjsXvXEryDJjdFhsRUcwSHRUcktCMmhOMTVFa25xa1E#gid=0 and it should be publicly accessible. He updates it as he tests new loads.

Good resource there. Thanks for posting that. I didn't realize so many loads were that slow in 10mm. Obviously the heavier bullets make a difference but there are still lots of companies loading soft.

Guest rebeldrummer

I am sure that many of you guys already know about this guy (he may be a TGO'er and I just missed that one!! ha ha)

His videos are great! very well put together and very informative. One of the best around IMHO

But check this out...this is a round / weapon that I have been looking into as well... i must just go ahead and pick one up.

Edited by rebeldrummer