knoxville expo gunshow

Not sure where they are putting me. It will be against the wall is all I know. The environment was too good for me, Oh Shoot. I have gotten so busy that I have had to hire extra help. When it quits being a hobby and becomes a job all the fun is gone and it's time to do something else. Been averaging selling about 5 guns a day but it is a madhouse at times.The stress is beginning to get to me. I am going to build a house on the lake and really retire.

Well, that's all good news then. I've seldom had to leave an endeavor because of success! :)

But that last part sounds great, been meaning to do the same myself, perhaps you'll help inspire me. I'll try to look ya up there on Sat.

- OS (Mac)

Edited by OhShoot
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where they are putting me. It will be against the wall is all I know. The environment was too good for me, Oh Shoot. I have gotten so busy that I have had to hire extra help. When it quits being a hobby and becomes a job all the fun is gone and it's time to do something else. Been averaging selling about 5 guns a day but it is a madhouse at times.The stress is beginning to get to me. I am going to build a house on the lake and really retire.

i know how you feel

[quote name='Eray' timestamp='1351814859' post='837397']
[u]No 10 MM's. Got about 12 Glocks, Models 19,17,22 and 23. Rugers, SR22, LCR22, Super Blackhawk Bisley Talo. Sp101, both .357 and 22lr, GP100 4 and 5 inch, Alaskan 44 Mag, P95's, S&W 617 and a couple of 629's, 638, Bodyguard 380, Shield 9MM, Sig 2022, Sig Ultra Compact 1911's, Single Six, Bearcat,, Remington 1911's, several others that I can't think of right now. Going to try and make enough on the Shield and a couple of the other high demand models like the SP101's to pay my show expenses and sell the others at about cost.[/u]
[/quote]

[u]Hope to see you there. Hopefully you won't try to pay for your table off every gun you sell like most of the other vendors do![/u] Edited by Garufa
I plan on attending also. Does anyone know if there ere any of the dealers that trade for silver? I have some extra silver eagle dollars I want to take and trade for some ammo and a scope for my new rifle, but don't wanna take all of them if no one there barters with them lol.
[quote name='Eray' timestamp='1351814859' post='837397']
[u]No 10 MM's. Got about 12 Glocks, Models 19,17,22 and 23. Rugers, SR22, LCR22, Super Blackhawk Bisley Talo. Sp101, both .357 and 22lr, GP100 4 and 5 inch, Alaskan 44 Mag, P95's, S&W 617 and a couple of 629's, 638, Bodyguard 380, Shield 9MM, Sig 2022, Sig Ultra Compact 1911's, Single Six, Bearcat,, Remington 1911's, several others that I can't think of right now. Going to try and make enough on the Shield and a couple of the other high demand models like the SP101's to pay my show expenses and sell the others at about cost.[/u]
[/quote]

I could use another Gen 4 Glock 19. I love mine so much I would buy another if the price was right. Don't think I will make it to the show, though.
[quote name='Lumber_Jack' timestamp='1351988970' post='838555']
So anything special at the show today?
[/quote]

I walked up at 0945 and there was no line at all. Did a quick walkthrough, ran into Dolomite and Sour Kraut, said hi to David and got to meet Eray. Picked up a couple of things from Eray. His prices were fantastic. Other than that I found absolutely nothing at the show that I needed. There was a line to get in when I left, probably 75 people deep.

I'm really surprised at the lack of crowd today. I guess everyone else is more confident of a Romney win on Tuesday than I am...
[quote name='Major Kong' timestamp='1351991134' post='838579']

I walked up at 0945 and there was no line at all. Did a quick walkthrough, ran into Dolomite and Sour Kraut, said hi to David and got to meet Eray. Picked up a couple of things from Eray. His prices were fantastic. Other than that I found absolutely nothing at the show that I needed. There was a line to get in when I left, probably 75 people deep.

I'm really surprised at the lack of crowd today. I guess everyone else is more confident of a Romney win on Tuesday than I am...[/quote]

Was similar at Jacobs building last time, very light crowd. I wish I could have been there to see what Eray had, but oh well.
[quote name='knox' timestamp='1351995343' post='838622']
What's left, Eray? Can you share your prices?
[/quote]

Wouldn't really be kosher to push them here like that.

I bagged show today, and have plans tomorrow, sorry I didn't get by your table, Eray (probably best for overall finances, though). Hope you turn the rest tomorrow but still sorry to have one less gun shop down your way.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1351999664' post='838693']
Wouldn't really be kosher to push them here like that.
[/quote]

Didn't mean to over step. My bad. I would make the trip if I thought it might be a good deal.

[quote name='knox' timestamp='1352000317' post='838702']
Didn't mean to over step. My bad. I would make the trip if I thought it might be a good deal.
[/quote]

Not my call, just forestalling a flogging. :)

(All sales ads must be through the Trading Post. )

Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='Will H' timestamp='1351999941' post='838697']
Man, I really hate living all the way over here in West TN... All our shows here are posted, so of course I do not go.
[/quote]

Well then you wouldn't be going to the shows here either.