Hendersonville, TN Gun Show 17-18

[quote name='dlm37015' timestamp='1353208002' post='847417']
i am in the back as you come in with a 1919 belt fed 3006 on the table
[/quote]You get any offers on it? Cool piece!!! Enjoyed the visit this afternoon and congrats on your Dores! I thought that was gonna happen.
I liked the show. Only thing I bought was a used holster(5 bucks) that will fit a couple guns I have. But it was a nice way to spend a Saturday morning. Had breakfast at Fast Freddies (Cant beat it) with a couple old friends, then we went to the show. Living in Goodlettsville, this one is so much closer, but there's also something about this show that seems...not sure, nicer somehow? I know that probably makes no sense, but it just seems more homier somehow, Although I go to Bill Goodmans at the fairgrounds, I like this one much better. I'd like to see it grow into the extra space it has. Oh, one of my friends picked up a Keltec SUC16B that he had been looking for. Edited by barewoolf
[quote name='barewoolf' timestamp='1353240673' post='847515']
I liked the show. Only thing I bought was a used holster(5 bucks) that will fit a couple guns I have. But it was a nice way to spend a Saturday morning. Had breakfast at Fast Freddies (Cant beat it) with a couple old friends, then we went to the show. Living in Goodlettsville, this one is so much closer, but there's also something about this show that seems...not sure, nicer somehow? I know that probably makes no sense, but it just seems more homier somehow, Although I go to Bill Goodmans at the fairgrounds, I like this one much better. I'd like to see it grow into the extra space it has. Oh, one of my friends picked up a Keltec SUC16B that he had been looking for.
[/quote]
I live like 5 minutes from the Nashville Fairgrounds, so about 35 minutes from the show in Hendersonville, that being said, I think the Hendersonville show is much nicer. I go the Bill Goodmans more often, but there are always more guns, free parking, and room to walk down the aisles at H-ville

I'm about midway between the fairgrounds and H'ville shows. But like you, broox, I do prefer go to hendersonville. Gives me an excuse to visit G&L, as well as do my Sam's run.

Nothing better than combining trips these days. You know, save time, money and gas. Gives more of all three for guns. :cool:

Picked up a S&W 1917, .45acp revolver. 1937 model made for Bazil. Probably the nastiest pistol I have EVER seen. Looks like it has been shot continiously since 1937, and not cleaned. Lots of lead in the forcing cone and rifling. Lots and lots and lots of cleaning, finally looks good. I thought prices were ok. I asked several dealers if they had sold much, they all said no. They said lots of lookers, few buyers.