AR Pistol

Defender

[quote name='Triggerhappyzach' timestamp='1353299579' post='848021']
@OhShoot- completely legal! See ATF letter here: [url="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=381738"]http://www.calguns.n...ad.php?t=381738[/url]
[/quote]

Why address me re Magpul AFG legality?

- OS Edited by OhShoot

[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1353297392' post='847993']

Or just fork out another cnote for a whole rifle.

:shrug:
[/quote]

I just find the idea of a "kit gun", pistol/rifle, attractive. "Survivalist" and all that type bent.

Have actually been thinking about getting the NEOS rifle kit for my NEOS pistol too. Just stays a bit too expensive to bite.

- OS

There are those who like the compactness of an AR pistol, like RichardR says, and they are compact and fun to
shoot. They are also powerful and cheaper than having to carry an FN 57 and an AR around if you ever catch
yourself with the need. I can carry my pistol in the trunk, while having a pistol. A rifle would be better, but the
compactness of the pistol and the lethality of it is enough for me to rely on when, hopefully, I never need it.

I will always rely on a rifle, though, just may not have one near. And I won't pay for a stamp for an SBR. :D

Edited by 6.8 AR
purchased a RRA 101/2 incher with the buffer tube a few months ago and It will sure make you popular at the range. When shooting with others, the novensky is a must because it projects the noise and muzzle blast downrange instead of blasting shooters on either side. A real fun gun!

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353343187' post='848189']
I just find the idea of a "kit gun", pistol/rifle, attractive. "Survivalist" and all that type bent.

Have actually been thinking about getting the NEOS rifle kit for my NEOS pistol too. Just stays a bit too expensive to bite.

- OS
[/quote]

Still haven't gotten that carbine kit yet? I sold you my neos how long ago? lol

I guess you need to stop buying m&p sporters ever chance you see one for sale. ;)

[quote name='nysos' timestamp='1353348024' post='848242']
Still haven't gotten that carbine kit yet? I sold you my neos how long ago? lol

I guess you need to stop buying m&p sporters ever chance you see one for sale. ;)
[/quote]

Yup. I never claimed to be exactly rational or anything. :)

Btw, did you know that NEOS I got from you had been modified some where along the way? Custom looking bolt instead of the normal wide slot screw holding down into trigger group under firing pin was obvious first time I took it down. Explains the much nicer trigger than normal one. Has been rock solid for me.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
No I wasn't aware. Glad it has been good for you, it worked great for me except for the rear site drifting. It is by far the easiest 22 I have seen take down and clean.

[quote name='nysos' timestamp='1353354015' post='848288']
No I wasn't aware. Glad it has been good for you, it worked great for me except for the rear site drifting. ...[/quote]

I've shot it beau coup, and so far have NOT remembered to take some LocTite with me to lock it down after setting. :)

- OS

Guest Triggerhappyzach
Oh Shoot, in the post where you posted the pic of a magpul afg and said "maybe one of these then?" i thought you were asking if you could put one on. But now i see you were addressing another guys post. Sorry man.
[quote name='Jonnin' timestamp='1353331461' post='848094']
The main reason I bought the thing was because it is technically legal to carry on your permit.
[/quote]

Ding ding ding!

I am on the road a lot and cover a pretty big territory. My sig 556p fits nicely in a regular day pack and no one is the wiser. I have a single point sling and if you adjust it where it is tight when you push the gun out you can use the sling for a check weld. I am not as accurate at 30-50 yards as I am with a carbine but it is way better than a regular pistol.

Mark
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a Rock River Arms WITHOUT the buffer tube, and it's piston driven!!!!!!Damnit boys and girls, this is the shiznet!! Eotech sights, I also use a bipod on the bench. This bugger is LOUD!!! This bugger is ACCURATE!! Here she is and the target is a three shot group at 50 yards. There is no magnification with my Eotech, the square at the bottom was after a sight correction1 Awesome......1350000818.jpg1351029902.jpg

Edited by sybo