Red Dawn

smithra89

I haven't seen it yet. My son and a few of his buddies went to see it yesterday after football practice and pigging out on pizza. He said that he really enjoyed it. He was surprised when I told him that it was a remake. I had to remind him that Hollywood is not capable of coming up with anything original anymore.

Maybe he will watch the original on Netflix this weekend.
I watched the original (again), last month. I'm surprised at how well it stood up to decades of age. Most of the movies from my childhood seem horrible, now.

I haven't seen a preview...who is the invading nation in the remake?
[quote name='zgunbear' timestamp='1353634027' post='849593']
The North Koreans. Orginally supposed to be the Chinese but the Studio did not want to offend the Chinese so they changed in the the North Koreans.
[/quote]
Well that's kinda dumb. I hope they did a good job of explaining how N. Korea pulled that off.

I'd still like to see it before it leaves theaters.
[quote name='smithra89' timestamp='1353634870' post='849600']
I thought it was pretty good. Definitely worth the price of the ticket. Kind of made me want to buy a little more ammo, haha.
[/quote]Did you see the original and you opinion is based on that?
The original gave me nightmares for years, lol (seriously). I saw at the new Theater at East Towne Mall (ktown) back in 84 or 85 I think. That movie may have contributed to my gun fetish or my gun obsession. Anyway, I carry a funnel around in my truck just in case I need to add p-water to the radiator. I will probably go see this new one, maybe this weekend. Edited by Runco
[quote name='Volzfan' timestamp='1353637427' post='849625']
Did you see the original and you opinion is based on that?
[/quote]

Just based on the newer version. I'm not saying its great, just saying it wasn't a complete waste of time/money seeing it. I've never actually seen the original (sitting in my netflix queue).
The trailer to the new one and some
comments about it make the original
one much more plausible.

If it's N. Korea, it must be some kind
of a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went last night. As expected, lots more shooting and explosions, less acting. I thought it was funny that the N. koreans used a "new" weapon, EMP bomb. If you just like going to the theater, go see it. If you just want to see the movie, wait for the dvd.
[quote name='Glenn' timestamp='1353768374' post='850010']Went last night. As expected, lots more shooting and explosions, less acting. I thought it was funny that the N. koreans used a "new" weapon, EMP bomb. If you just like going to the theater, go see it. If you just want to see the movie, wait for the dvd.[/quote]

You have deflated my balloon. I'm going to comfort myself by binge eating Thanksgiving leftovers and dreaming of simpler times when Swayze was da man. I was really hoping this was going to be awesome.