Logitech

Guest Lester Weevils

Guest Lester Weevils

I've used logitech mice and keyboards many years off'n'on because they were easy to buy lots of places, not expensive, responsive enough, easy to use, etc. But more a convenience thang than extra-special admiration for the products.

But lately some of the logitech products are just damn fine gear in addition to inexpensive and available everywhere.

Lately been using a Logitech M325 wireless mouse and K400 keyboard on the mac pro. On some (not all) of their recent gadgets they've been shipping with tiny little stub USB wireless receivers that poke out of the computer such a short amount that they would be very resistant to getting accidentally broken off unless somebody was unusually clumsy. And they added technology where selected devices can mix-and-match share one little stubby receiver. All the thus-compatible devices are decorated with a little square orange symbol with a white asterisk in the middle of the square.

M325 comes in several colors, I got the red one. $26 at wallyworld. Tracks even on very shiny surfaces. Very responsive. Fastest smoothest wheel-scroll I've experienced. The scroll wheel doesn't have the "ratchet" feel, just smooth scroll and on a huge monitor with a big window open, you can scroll massive distances lickety-split, but it is also controllable line-by-line. Scroll wheel has down-click, left-tilt, and right-tilt responses, then the usual left- and right-click buttons on the mouse. Small mousie but fits great in the hand.
[img]http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/78/55/08/0009785508060_180X180.jpg[/img]
Combined with the K400 keyboard. No numeric keyboard, but a compact very light wireless keyboard with a trackpad on the right. $35 at wallyworld. The keys are kinda "half way" between standard keyboard shape and "chicklet" keys. I usually don't do so good on chicklet keyboards, make too many mistakes typing fast, but this one is pretty easy to use. This particular K400 is 100 percent aimed at the PC market but works great on the Mac Pro. Trackpad is very responsive, and you can two-finger scroll. Scrolling and trackpad pointing on a huge monitor is lickity-split like on the M325 mouse described above. Either tap-click, left and right click buttons under the trackpad, and also there is a cute left-click round button on the upper-left corner of the keyboard so you can scrub a finger on the trackpad with right hand finger and click with a left-hand finger, which in some cases is lots more ergonomic than folding the thumb under the hand to left-click on the button under the pad.

I had many apple keyboards over the last 26 years, many as good as any in the old days. Got big ole heavy wired usb keyboard with the last powerpc Mac G4 maybe 14 years ago that was a long-lasting tank, worked great, comfortable, finally died just a couple years ago. Got a stylish little bluetooth chicklet aluminum keyboard with the Mac Pro, was pretty but was a dog to type on and died belly-up in about a year and it was a relief when it died so I'd have an excuse to replace it with a big old USB wireless logitech pc keyboard that worked lots better. That logitech still works, but I like this little K400 better. Well, also the too-cute stylish bluetooth apple mouse I got with the apple bluetooth chicklet keyboard, it died after about a year as well, and like the keyboard it was a good-riddance relief. The apple mouse worked just awful and the "scroll ball" kept getting dirty and was a pain to clean.
[img]http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/78/55/07/0009785507492_180X180.jpg[/img]
The point being, sometimes especially when doing lots of text editing or cruising the internet, a trackpad on a keyboard is better than mouse. I can edit or cruise the internet without moving the hands off the keyboard, and the keyboard sits in the lap as easy as on a desk. But some things, graphic editing of audio, video, photo, or messing with lots of file winders, where a mouse is lots better than trackpad, and if you are stuck with a trackpad only for pointing device, it will start you cussing the trackpad after awhile. For heavy text editing, a mouse-only is equally annoying, especially with a wide keyboard with a numeric keypad, because you have to move the hand so far out of typing position every time you need to nudge the mouse. So its great having both pad and mouse available simultaneously. Can make a gesture on the pad, then move hand and make a gesture on the mouse, back and forth, responsive behavior from both simultaneously.

I've never had much use for trackballs but sis loves em running database and spreadsheets and human resources software. In some cases a trackball is better than a mouse or pad, but not so much for me. But with this new logitech system, a fella could add a trackball to the menagerie and alternately do input from all three, trackball, mouse, or pad.

====

On the xoom android pad, have a similar configuration of a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for android 920-003390 and bluetooth android mouse 810-002656. This is a smaller "true chicklet" keyboard but for whatever reason isn't quite as maddening to type on as the chicklet keys on my old apple chicklet bluetooth keyboard or the chicklet keys on my macbook. The bluetooth mouse is the exact same size/shape as that usb M325 mouse, but blue so I can tell the diff between it and the mac red mouse. They are decently responsive on the xoom, considering that all pad computers are woefully underpowered compared to macs and pc's. It is much less frustrating to operate the xoom with the mouse and keyboard. Some things work better with touching the screen, but lots of things work better with a mouse and drive you crazy having to constantly be touching the screen, even using a stylus rather than a fat inaccurate finger. Can use the mouse and screen touches interchangeably at the same time. In chrome on the android, I can do most web surfing without moving hands from the keyboard, even to touch the mouse, because there are key combinations for most-used actions.

Haven't tested the idea, but I suspect the keyboard and mouse would work just as good with the motorola photon phone. Am guessing one could attach the motorola photon phone to a 23" 1080P computer monitor and have rather luxurious "desktop experience" except of course all these wimpy pads and phones are dog-slow compared to quad-core or octa-core Macs and PC's. Maybe they will improve the text-editing features in android. Selection, copy and paste currently just truly sucks on android compared to mac and pc. Difficult to do and it misbehaves too often forcing a repeat of the procedure. At least with the keyboard and better screen-pointing with a mouse, SOME FEW android apps will properly work with click-drag for select, or shift-cursor-key for select, and ctrl-x, c, and v for cut copy paste. But it is still application dependent rather than system-wide, and many apps ignore these standard essential gestures.
[img]http://images10.newegg.com/ProductImageCompressAll300/23-126-265-03.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/78/55/07/0009785507862_180X180.jpg[/img]
====
So anyway will probably get another K400 and M325 for the desktop PC sometime. It is just so nice a combination of pad, mouse, keyboard, and nice small light keyboard. I run with multiple big monitors that can switch between several puters, and am in the habit of sometimes working with one keyboard/mouse on the keyboard drawer and another keyboard/mouse on the desk above it. Unless there is a laptop on the desk or I need to clear the desk for papers or gadgets. So I keep "currently unused" keyboards and mice on the shelf beside the desk. Its easy to swap wireless keyboards from one puter to the other, put one on the shelf and take another one down. The small size of the K400 makes it easier to find shelf space (and desk space).

I think multiple wireless keyboards is lots more flexible than wired devices and kvm switches. Lots of times I need to alternately type on the PC and the Mac, and having two keyboards and two mice is lots better than constantly messing with a kvm switch.

So that's the nerd eruption for today. :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They make great sound systems for computers also. I have a system I purchased in 03 that will shake the house :D I used to play return to castle wolfenstien in tournaments, in that game they had a flame thrower and if you turned the speakers up it sounded like hell was being unleashed.

I remember my first wireless Logitech mouse.
Durn thing had a receiver that was about the size of a tv remote control. It had to be plugged into an electrical socket via a big adapter. Came with a long USB cord and it had to sit close to and in a direct view of the mouse.

The mouse had no off button and the batteries would only last about a day or two before needing replaced.
It had right/left click buttons and the newly invented scroll wheel that.... only..... scrolled :eek:

Worst part of all is how much I actually paid for the extra inconvenience.

I think I still have it laying around somewhere come to think of it. Might try to find it to post a pic or two for nostalgia sake.

Edited by strickj
Guest Lester Weevils
Yep, until the last couple of years the typical logitech usb receiver was still "less than convenient" but more convenient than wired devices. Little wired pods that needed to be plugged in behind the puter and set somewhere in line of sight of the keyboard and mouse for reliable reception. Maybe it is an interference issue because some days they would transmit fine and other days (maybe more RF-generating gadgets running near the desk) had to move the receiver hockey puck nearly touching the mouse.

The modern tiny usb receivers seem lots better connection and less spaghetti stringing out from behind the computer. Am still using an HP usb keyboard and mouse that came with the Win7 HP quad-core puter three years ago. Maybe logitech makes it for HP, dunno. It has a small nub of a receiver and works good. That last generation of logitech mouse and keyboard was using on the mac before these latest gadgets, had a usb receiver a couple of inches long, about the size of a USB memory stick. It had some range problems and was long enough to be a "break off" accident hazard directly plugged into the puter, but also came with a little wired extension stand so you could set it on the desk. The new nub receivers seem to have better range and responsiveness than even the ones from three years ago.
been a big fan of logitech for awhile myself i've used several wired AND wireless mouse/kb combos, wired and wireless game pads for PC, and a few of their sound systems and like sL1K said they will shake the house on a budget lol .. always thought they made a VERY good product for the price point Edited by JoeJ615
[quote name='Lester Weevils' timestamp='1354051420' post='851540']
Yep, until the last couple of years the typical logitech usb receiver was still "less than convenient" but more convenient than wired devices. Little wired pods that needed to be plugged in behind the puter and set somewhere in line of sight of the keyboard and mouse for reliable reception. Maybe it is an interference issue because some days they would transmit fine and other days (maybe more RF-generating gadgets running near the desk) had to move the receiver hockey puck nearly touching the mouse.

The modern tiny usb receivers seem lots better connection and less spaghetti stringing out from behind the computer. Am still using an HP usb keyboard and mouse that came with the Win7 HP quad-core puter three years ago. Maybe logitech makes it for HP, dunno. It has a small nub of a receiver and works good. That last generation of logitech mouse and keyboard was using on the mac before these latest gadgets, had a usb receiver a couple of inches long, about the size of a USB memory stick. It had some range problems and was long enough to be a "break off" accident hazard directly plugged into the puter, but also came with a little wired extension stand so you could set it on the desk. The new nub receivers seem to have better range and responsiveness than even the ones from three years ago.
[/quote]

The advancement is amazing for sure. So much so that I refuse to buy a mouse for more than 5 bucks or so anymore (ebay/china). Excluding my Wacom tablets/pens/mouses.
My wireless laptop mouse does everything the Logitech above does but it is certainly not built nearly as well and will not last more than a few months. I'll even keep it in my pocket while working so I can access the laptop from across the room without having to move. Something my last Logitech couldn't do reliably and accurately.
I figure by the time it wears out, they'll come out with some new function or battery saving technology so it'll be time to upgrade anyways. Edited by strickj
I'm currently scrolling with a Logitech M310 wireless mouse. Needed a new one at the house and this particular one was on sale for $14.99 a month or so ago. I really like it. So far it works fine and fills up the hand, it's "normal" sized. Edited by Garufa
I just purchased this for my Mac mini / iPad. Touch of a button switches between. No receiver needed as it is blue tooth and both the Mac mini and iPad have the Bluetooth built in. I love the convenience of this keyboard. Ive only had it about a month so time will tell if the solar/rechargeable setup last. So far it's been great. It charges off of indoor light, and they claim the keyboard will last for 3 months off a full charge with normal use.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K760-for-Mac Edited by JGunner

[quote name='sL1k' timestamp='1354049126' post='851522']
They make great sound systems for computers also. I have a system I purchased in 03 that will shake the house :D I used to play return to castle wolfenstien in tournaments, in that game they had a flame thrower and if you turned the speakers up it sounded like hell was being unleashed.
[/quote]

Z680? Mine is still going strong as well. I've started using Razer mice and keyboards instead of Logitech at home. Still have a Logitech Wave kb and MX Revolution at work, oh and a VX Revolution on the laptop.

Edited by JeffL
Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='JGunner' timestamp='1354055739' post='851573']
I just purchased this for my Mac mini / iPad. Touch of a button switches between. No receiver needed as it is blue tooth and both the Mac mini and iPad have the Bluetooth built in. I love the convenience of this keyboard. Ive only had it about a month so time will tell if the solar/rechargeable setup last. So far it's been great. It charges off of indoor light, and they claim the keyboard will last for 3 months off a full charge with normal use.

[url="http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K760-for-Mac"]http://www.logitech....rd-K760-for-Mac[/url]
[/quote]

That looks like a neat gadget. Especially the method of pairing with multiple devices and selecting the device with a button push. Solar power a great feature as well.

The recent logitech android keyboard and mouse are the only bluetooth input devices I've had except that apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse from four years ago, which sucked so bad I didn't try any more til now. I've also used that new logitech "made for android" bluetooth mouse with the Macbook and it works great with the Macbook. It would be even better if it could be paired with multiple devices and change with a button press, but OTOH it doesn't take very long to set up a pairing on the MacBook or android.
I've always had great luck with Logitech products. I always look to them for keyboards and mice and as sL1k said, they make great sound systems too.

I was looking into just getting a keyboard with a trackpad on it. Seems like it would work fine for recliner surfing.
[quote name='JeffL' timestamp='1354055792' post='851576']

Z680? Mine is still going strong as well. I've started using Razer mice and keyboards instead of Logitech at home. Still have a Logitech Wave kb and MX Revolution at work, oh and a VX Revolution on the laptop.[/quote]

Mine is the Logitech THX surround sound system 4 speakers and a large woofer. Not sure of the model number but its still going strong! It was around $130 when I got it.

Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='jtluttrell' timestamp='1354058948' post='851604']
I've always had great luck with Logitech products. I always look to them for keyboards and mice and as sL1k said, they make great sound systems too.

I was looking into just getting a keyboard with a trackpad on it. Seems like it would work fine for recliner surfing.
[/quote]

Bought a logitech 2+1 system for a friend with the little shoebox-sized subwoofer a few years ago that had surprisingly good (and loud) sound for the size and money.

Am really digging the keyboard + trackpad, works great sitting in a lap.

My desk has a 28" wide slide out keyboard shelf and a "lean back" roller office chair with arms. I built a 28" X 17" deep lapdesk out of half-inch plywood, 2" radius rounded corners, a rounded 2" deep X 12" wide "belly cutout" in the middle of the front. Used a router roundover bit on all the edges top and bottom so there's no place with sharp corners to cut into skin or hang up on furniture. Stained and many coats polyurethane.

I leave the lap desk sitting on the slide out keyboard shelf. When slid in, both the lapdesk and the keyboard shelf are flush to the desk front. When the keyboard shelf is slid out, the lap desk will slide out several inches further than the shelf and still remain stable, no danger of tipping. If I'm feeling lazier I can sit back in the erect office chair and pull the lap desk out so the front is resting on the chair arms and the back is sitting on the keyboard shelf. And if feeling even more lazier, can tilt back the office chair and pull the lap desk all the way back sitting on the chair arms with the "belly cutout" resting on my paunch.

edit: The only initial issue with the lap desk-- Painted it with many coats minwax glossy floor poly, and it shines like a mirror. Which the mice did not track good on. Laser mice worked better than earlier ones, but it is so shiny that even laser mice have intermittent trouble. So the area on the right rear corner where I use mice, took some scotchguard pad and roughened the surface enough to be completely matte surface, which laser mice have no problem tracking. But moving the mouse gradually polishes the frosted poly area, so every few months I have to re-frost the surface with the scotchguard pad to keep it frosty enough to please a mouse. Edited by Lester Weevils
I've mostly used Logitech through the years also.

But be aware that the mice are prone to a "double click" mechanical fault, that some will eventually start a double click routine with one click of the left button.

One I "fixed" by smacking it just right, has held up for a year now, but will likely go wonky again. Has happened with three of mine, one wired and two wireless.

https://www.google.com/search?q=logitech+double+click+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

- OS
Guest Lester Weevils
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1354069872' post='851715']
I've mostly used Logitech through the years also.

But be aware that the mice are prone to a "double click" mechanical fault, that some will eventually start a double click routine with one click of the left button.

One I "fixed" by smacking it just right, has held up for a year now, but will likely go wonky again. Has happened with three of mine, one wired and two wireless.

[url="https://www.google.com/search?q=logitech+double+click+problem&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a"]https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a[/url]

- OS
[/quote]

Interesting. Never even once happened to me over many logitech meeses, though am not scoffing that it doesn't happen.

The first article in that link list mentions microsurgery on the microswitch, and also links to replacement microswitches. Microswitches being so cheep, I'd be tempted to solder in a new microswitch rather than try to fix a bad one, if properly sized parts are easily acquired.

Waxing pedantic, most switches are "noisy" and usually need "debouncing" circuitry which will ignore the static which occurs near the make and break sections of an event, turning it into a clean pulse required for digital circuits. Otherwise it can cause digital circuits to "chatter" sending several pulses rather than one clean pulse. It almost sounds like the debouncing in the mouse has too short a time constant or something. Am guessing that a little dirt or corrosion on the contacts might add "just enough noise" later in life, to become too noisy for the debouncing circuitry to work anymore, so maybe in some cases just spraying some contact cleaner into the microswitch would work, rather than trying to re-shape the tiny contacts in there?
Guest Lester Weevils

[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1354054092' post='851560']
The advancement is amazing for sure. So much so that I refuse to buy a mouse for more than 5 bucks or so anymore (ebay/china). Excluding my Wacom tablets/pens/mouses.
My wireless laptop mouse does everything the Logitech above does but it is certainly not built nearly as well and will not last more than a few months. I'll even keep it in my pocket while working so I can access the laptop from across the room without having to move. Something my last Logitech couldn't do reliably and accurately.
I figure by the time it wears out, they'll come out with some new function or battery saving technology so it'll be time to upgrade anyways.
[/quote]

Thanks Strickj, interesting. So is your current mousie a bluetooth gadget? I forget whether you use Mac or PC.

I had one or two smallish low-end wacom pen tablets in the past but do not currently have one. Can't recall quite. Had either 2 or 3 pen tablets but the details are foggy with time.

One time I lusted for a big "artist sized" pen tablet, but finally discovered for my use the small one about 5 or 6 inches was better. Am not so good sketching, but am better with fine finger doodling, same skill set as drafting, and am not so good with wide sweeping big gestures like a painter, sharpie, pastel or charcoal artist would utilize. One would need to indulge in fairly expansive arm motions to get proper use out of a big pad, and I've no aptitude for that.

Am not "artistic" but off-n-on over the years did lots of graphic user interface programming, which uses similar tools and lets a programmer pretend to be an artist. :) In my hands a pen tablet was never even a shoddy substitute for a variable-acceleration mouse for general mousing around, but came in handy for actual drawing on the screen. There were a few "sweet spots" in the past of hardware + software, but as they kept "improving" hardware and software, the devices became obsolete. Maybe if I used the same gear today I'd decide they really sucked, but in the past seemed real sweet.

In the early 1990's had a wacom small pad and a an early wired optical mouse which worked on an aluminum reflective plate "mouse pad" with a grid of photo-micro-dots imprinted in it. Recall it being real accurate. Use mouse for gross gestures and the pad for finer gestures. But those were ADB devices and had to go in the trash when apple quit putting ADB plugs on their puters.

Also in the past lusted after the Wacom pads backed by live LCD screen. But those thangs costed about as much as a motorcycle or high-end music keyboard. You could draw on a surface and see instant feedback in the same view-plane, like drawing on paper, rather than sketching on a pad but looking up at a computer monitor. That seemed ultimate ergonomic.

Later there were the windows touch pad laptops which used a stylus and were similar in concept but cheaper. They were still expensive and I never got one to play with. Can't recall if that system used pressure sensitive stylus ala wacom. About the same time and going a little later into history, were Windows CE stylus pads. The "original" concept close to the modern touch pad except stylus-dependent. Kinda weird, that the early stylus pads wouldn't work with a finger or blunt stylus, but worked good with a pointy stylus. So if you wanted to make a quick gesture with finger, you couldn't do it and had to pick up a stylus. But now on modern touch pads, ONLY a finger or blunt rubber stylus will work, and pointy accurate pens are ignored by the screen. Arrgh.

Most of the WinCE devices were small affairs, but some largish sit-in-the-lap WinCE gadgets were made though there wasn't a bunch of graphic software that would run on them, and they were even more under-powered than modern pads.

The interesting thing about apple and android pads is the low price of apps, and some of them look pretty good for the price of a burger and fries. Haven't had time to test any graphic apps, but some pretty big names including autocad sell dang ambitious looking ultra-cheap graphic editing software that probably works pretty good with a soft rubber stylus. I've never tried to make/sell apps, but its difficult to see an optimistic profit model except for in-house apps for commercial institutions and the occasional runaway hit with millions of downloads. A run of the mill small developer sells a few hundred or a few thousand apps at a few bucks apiece, he could make more money as a store clerk or burger flipper. :) Surprising that companies like autocad financed paying programmers to target that market, since autocad seems to like the high priced market.

I don't know if android or ipad "high end" $15 apps have a way to sense relative pen pressure from a blunt rubber-tipped stylus. It might be software-possible. But the upshot is that nowadays a "wacom tablet-monitor" approximation is near dirt-cheap, just a pad, cheap software and a cheap stylus. Carpenters don't blame their tools. Am guessing that even if a pad + blunt rubber stylus wouldn't match a wacom tablet, that a properly talented artist could kick butt and take names with it. :)

Maybe as they improve the horsepower under the hood of pads, maybe in the future they can make pads that will sense, not only a finger or blunt rubber stylus, but also a hard pointy nylon stylus, and get a good estimate of pressure. Then there would be the "everymans" equivalent of the old expensive wacom tablet-monitors.

The other obvious use of a 10" or bigger pad, rather than running internal graphic editing software-- Match the pad via wifi with a good powerful desktop. The pad + pc drivers would pretend to be a pressure-sensitive graphics pad as far as the desktop puter is concerned, and the pad would also mirror the section of the PC's screen a fella is working on. So the desktop PC is doing all the heavy lifting and the wifi pad is just the input-output device. That sounds quite do-able, though I'm too old and fried crispy to take on such a task. Maybe there are already such products fer sail. It goes back to one's business model. Maybe the programmer could sell millions of apps for $10 each, or maybe he would sell 100 to rave reviews and waste a year of time he could be more productively flipping burgers or selling shoes. :)

Guest TankerHC
Been buying Logitech since the early 90's. Still have the first Logitech Digicam I got back around 95, cant use it because they havent made drivers for it since Win 3.11. Both my Desktops have Logitech G700's and G510's. Love em, they are great for MS Flightsim. First scanner I ever got was a Logitech, when they first became available, one of those hand held black and white scanners. They still make Handheld Scanners. I know I have spent thousands on Logitech equipment over the years and I cant recall any of it every failing. Everything I have ever bought that was Gigaware on the other hand, junk.
Lester,

No, my cheap mouse is wireless USB with one of those tiny USB receivers. The functions are a copy cat of the Logitech above other than that. It works quite well as long as batteries are strong. It can get quite darty once they start fading. AAA batteries usually need charging every couple of weeks or so. I figure it get's used-or is left on-for 6 or 7 hours a day total.

Those Wacom stuffs are simply amazing. Their mouse is super duper accurate itself and their pens even more so.
I like and use the medium size pads myself. The small ones are too small for real good precise accuracy. The large ones are the most precise but require too much arm and hand movement. The medium seems to be the perfect combination of compactness and accuracy.
The tablets, pens and mouse are fully customizable. Everything from pressure sensitivity and functionally to clicks and precision.
I have one tablet button programmed to open firefox and go directly to google (not my homepage). Have two buttons on the tablet set to type different words that I use most commonly for work. Have another tablet button set to open my current work folder.
One mouse button is set to type out my contact info.

The 'meeses and pens are wireless and battery-less. I'm not smart 'nuff to know how they make a device without any power work... but they do. Figure they use the same technology that's used in those wireless Iphone charging pads. Dunno.

I would absolutely love to have one of the Wacom Cintiqs (live view tablet). Those things are still quite expensive though.
I do have and occasionally use an older Toshiba convertible touch screen laptop with a stylist pen. It gives me the ability to see exactly where I'm drawing which is a similar experience to old fashioned pen and paper.
But that comes at the expense of not having pressure sensitivity or any of the customizations available with Wacom.

I will probably end up with one of the new Win8 convertibles that are coming out now before it's all said and done with. They will allow you to draw directly on the screen in pen and paper fashion, while also allowing pressure sensitivity control with the pens. Something like this maybe [url="http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/samsung-announces-series-5-slate-series-7-slate/"]http://www.engadget....series-7-slate/[/url]. Seems these new Win8 convertibles are going for comparative prices to the Wacom Cinitqs.
Course, the "built for touchscreen Win8" 'puters will not allow the same customizations or accuracy available with Wacom tablets, either, but still a lot more options available there than with previous convertibles and Win versions.

I'd put money on odds that convertible laptops will soon supersede graphics tablets before too long. Edited by strickj