Volunteers to bring food and drink for the June Middle TN meet?

• Administrator

Folks it looks like we will have the official OK from the fine folks at Owl Hollow Gun Club for us to grill burgers and hot dogs on site for the June 21st meet & shoot. :hat:

I will pick up a few bulk packs of hamburgers and hot dogs from SAMS, but we will need some volunteers to bring other things.

If you can help, please respond with what you can bring from this list:

• Burgers / Hot Dogs -- Tungsten
  • Portable charcoal or gas grill -- TheMark712
  • Charcoal -- Musicman

• Hamburger buns -- Junglist
  • Hotdog buns -- Junglist
  • Lettuce, onions, and tomatoes -- EasilyObsessed
  • Cheese Slices -- Tungsten
  • Ketchup, Mustard -- DWRD
  • Chips / Doritos -- Molonlabetn?
  • Paper plates -- Tungsten
  • Paper napkins -- Tungsten
  • Soft drinks
  • Bottled water -- HanSolo, Tokarev
  • Coolers full of ice (need several of these I'm sure) -- HanSolo, Tokarev

• Packaged cookies / brownies / snacks -- JasonF, Tokarev

I think it is only fitting that we provide lunch to any OHGC member who is on site that day as a way of saying Thank You for their generosity in allowing us to have our meet there. So if several people volunteer to bring duplicate items, that would be fine.

As people volunteer, I will mark items off of the list and put names next to them.

If no one has a portable grill, I will do my best to find a charcoal grill that we can use for this. Unfortunately my gas grill is anchored to our deck, so I can't bring it.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HunterH

I will bring a cooler with some ice and others stuff. Let me know what we are short on as we get closer and I will help get what we need.

also, I figure everyone knows this, but I figure I would say it anyway. Please, no drinking any alcohol at the range if you are shooting or not. That is a sure fire way not get invited back by the club leadership.

Guest tokarev

I can bring 4 cases of bottled water and 4 bags of cookies. I can bring some other stuff as long as I still have room for my rifles in the car ;-)

If anyone in Smyrna has a truck, I'll have a gas grill to volunteer. I have a friend who is moving, and I am buying his grill. It is both gas and electric. I don't know how much gas is in the tank, but I know I have plenty of charcoal. I will get the grill next week. Who is doing the cooking? Just tell me what you prefer to cook with, and I'll make sure we have it.

Guest themark712
If anyone in Smyrna has a truck, I'll have a gas grill to volunteer. I have a friend who is moving, and I am buying his grill. It is both gas and electric. I don't know how much gas is in the tank, but I know I have plenty of charcoal. I will get the grill next week. Who is doing the cooking? Just tell me what you prefer to cook with, and I'll make sure we have it.

If you'd rather not worry with finding a truck, I can bring my charcoal grill. If you're already supplying charcoal, I'd be more than happy to load up my grill. I'll also volunteer to cook, if I can get one loyal assistant to help. :rolleyes:

Assuming I can make it, I can bring my Weber Baby Q. It holds around 6 burgers or 12+ dogs at a time. If anyone can provide the full size propane tank, I have the adapter hose. Otherwise it takes camping cylinders which don't last all that long.

Guest themark712
Thanks for volunteering, folks. Give me a little time this morning to see what's been offered and I will update the first post in the thread.

If it helps, my grill is full-size. I can do probably 30 burgers at a time. Like I said, I'm happy to bring it and cook, but there's really no need to have 3 or 4 people dragging their grills if they don't have to.

• Administrator
If it helps, my grill is full-size. I can do probably 30 burgers at a time. Like I said, I'm happy to bring it and cook, but there's really no need to have 3 or 4 people dragging their grills if they don't have to.

That sounds perfect. Let's just count on that and consider you as being the grill meister for the day. Do we need to bring charcoal or is it gas?

Guest themark712
That sounds perfect. Let's just count on that and consider you as being the grill meister for the day. Do we need to bring charcoal or is it gas?

Charcoal. Only charcoal. Nothing else. Ever.

:rolleyes:

I think musicman is bringing a bag. One 10 lb bag should be plenty.

• Administrator

Post #1 in this thread has been updated with info on who is bringing what so far. We still need a few volunteers for a few items.

• Condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.)
  • Chips / Doritos
  • Soft drinks