Remembering Misty Mickle (Redhead 1911) ... February 10, 1985 - May 23, 2008

• Administrator

Remembering Misty Mickle (Redhead 1911)

February 10, 1985 - May 23, 2008

misty.png

It is with a heavy heart that I must let you all know of the untimely passing of one of our members. Misty Mickle (aka Redhead 1911) unexpectedly passed away on Thursday, May 23rd 2008. She was laid to rest Tuesday, May 27th.

Many of you knew Misty as the wife of Eddie Mickle, or MolonlabeTN, the co-administrator here on TGO. Some of you may have met her at any one of the various middle Tennessee TGO get togethers. Or you may have met her just a few weeks ago at Hero Gear in Winchester, Tennessee where she had happily pitched in to help behind the counter during their big 5.11 sale.

Misty's red hair, bubbly personality and brilliant sense of humor made her impossible to miss in a crowd. Talking with her was always a pleasure and she seemed to have that certain gift that made you feel as though you had known her forever within just a few minutes of meeting her.

At times like this, we often find ourselves searching for the right words to express both our sadness and at the same time our love and support to those who were left behind. In this case, I've had several days now to try to think of the right things to say to Eddie and continue to come up short. I suspect many of you will be in the same predicament.

Rather than stumble through an elaborate expression of sympathy, I feel it best to simply say this:

Misty... you will be missed. What this world has lost, Heaven has truly gained.

Eddie... you are loved, you are not alone, and we all stand behind you. You have our thoughts, our prayers and our support.

We are requesting that TGO members who wish to voice their sympathies simply do so in this thread rather than contact Eddie directly at this time.

Thank you.

Misty's Myspace as also being turned into a memorial by Eddie: http://www.myspace.com/mistyseddie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I am posting this thread with Eddie's blessing. Some of you may have noticed that a few of the moderators "wore" pink avatars a few weeks ago. The avatars were in honor of Misty and were worn on the day of her memorial service in tribute to her.

Eddie had respectfully requested that we keep news of Misty's untimely passing out of the public areas of TGO so that he could have time to process this privately. Thus the delay in the news being posted here.

Guest Halfpint

I'm sorry, Eddie. I never met either of you, but like Bill said, her personality was easily evident in her posts. We're all here for you, man. :D

I can't fathom a person a year younger then myself leaving this earth. It just never sits right. I remember her from when this place first got running and I can say she will truly be missed.

Eddie, my sincerest condolences. May God grant you peace and I will keep you in my prayers.

-Chuck

Guest jackdog

Eddie, I just don't have the words to express how your loss hurts me and every member of this board. My prayers for you and your families.