With all the recent news lately I decided to stock up on reloading supplies.

I went through my current pile of stuff and made a list of all I thought I would like to have on hand in the event the prices drastically rise.  Then I went online and started shopping around....um.... I had no idea how much was "out of stock"!  All the sudden I get the feeling, for like the third time in my life, that ammo is gonna go way up again and not come back down.....yet again.  Armed with my "wish list" and a shiny new debit card I went to Outpost, when I left I had dropped a little over $1300.  Just two months ago I loaded up 1000 45 acp and the bullets cost 62 / 500, they have already gone up about 15 per 500.  I know supply and demand will wreak havoc for a while, I just hope it doesn't drive our hobby into "rich man" territory.

I shop all around, but I go to Outpost alot.  It was busier last night than I have ever seen it.  Dudes walking out with 2-4 AR's, yellow forms being filled out everywhere, ammo pallets disintegrating, and lots of mags being carried around.  Obviously the focus is on the AR/AK type platforms, and that was evident in the reloading section too.  I bought what they told me was the last batch of bulk Hornady 223 55gr fmj.  I asked for a 8 pounder of H4895..."nope out of stock and can't get any from any of our suppliers".  

• Like 1
You need to contact David "dlm37015" here on TGO.  He's a supporting vendor.  He has the best prices on reloading stuff and I bet would save you 40% or so off the prices at the outpost.  

This^^^ He easily beats the Outpost. I've never seen the Outpost have good prices on anything.

• Like 1
You need to contact David "dlm37015" here on TGO.  He's a supporting vendor.  He has the best prices on reloading stuff and I bet would save you 40% or so off the prices at the outpost.  

I buy from David as well.  I didnt bother going to the last show in the Boro because all I needed that he has is some surp powder and primers.  By the time I pay for my family to get in etc I was only gonna save like ten bucks so I decided to skip it and the crowd.  David does have killer prices, I wish he had some bulk pistol powders tho :) 

This^^^ He easily beats the Outpost. I've never seen the Outpost have good prices on anything.

Compared to MidwayUSA they do fairly well.  I dont like the sales tax, but I do like skipping the shipping costs on powder and primers.  Like I said if he had everything I needed and shot, he'd probably have all my business.  And while I will gladly advocate for and promote David, his prices on bullets are not the best.  Outpost "had" New Hornady 223 55 fmj for 50.99 per 500.  David's were pulls, and cost a little more the last time I saw him.  On powder and primers he smashes everyones prices.  

Compared to MidwayUSA they do fairly well.  I dont like the sales tax, but I do like skipping the shipping costs on powder and primers.  Like I said if he had everything I needed and shot, he'd probably have all my business.  And while I will gladly advocate for and promote David, his prices on bullets are not the best.  Outpost "had" New Hornady 223 55 fmj for 50.99 per 500.  David's were pulls, and cost a little more the last time I saw him.  On powder and primers he smashes everyones prices.  

55 grain hornady 49.99 or 95.00 per 1000 i just got in 2000,000 give me a call 615-497-4205

also have a shipment of h4895 coming in tomorrow

Edited by dlm37015
55 grain hornady 49.99 or 95.00 per 1000 i just got in 2000,000 give me a call 615-497-4205

also have a shipment of h4895 coming in tomorrow

David,

Are you going to be at the Memphis show Dec 22/23?  I did not buy enough last time you were in town.

Seawash

It happens every few years.  Panic buying causes artificial shortages.  When the panic subsides, hoarders will be selling ammo and components below cost.

Let's hope...I'll be there to scoop it up.  But I honestly dont see prices dropping.  Isnt it alot like gas?  Back in the early 90's I could get a Walmart box of 22 for like 7-8 bucks.  After the first "scare and hoard" about four years ago the price went up to about 16-17, then swiftly to over 20.  Now most all manufacturers make some bulk form of 22 and most all were going for about 22 bucks.  All told, that's triple the price.  It was enough for me to stop buying the Federal crap, and start shooting Wolf MT, ME, and CCI Target.  Yeah its about twice the price, but now I take my time and can hold much prettier groups.  

Outside of ammo talk, look at something like mags.  With a pending AWB these will all go way up.  Remember when a 10/22 25 rounder was 60 bucks?!?!?!!?  Recently I bought a few 30 rd Pmags for 12 a piece.....care to place a bet on where they land pricewise around Oct of next year?

That said, I do agree.  Hoarding/Panic screws the supply demand balance up and draws way too much attention to the sport in general.  Bottom line, I think the times they are a changin'.

Guest icon777
It happens every few years.  Panic buying causes artificial shortages.  When the panic subsides, hoarders will be selling ammo and components below cost.

This is so true..

Guest sam37015

Just FYI-

If you try to get in touch with Daddy (dlm37015) and aren't able to, he is an EXTREMELY BUSY MAN!!!  You can call/text/email me and I can try to get what you need and arrange to meet you.  You do not have to go to a gunshow to get what you need.

Met someone just this morning with some supplies.

I work downtown Nashville and I am usually here from 8-4:30, I can meet at lunch or after work...

615-478-4015 or sam@magnummaterialstn.com

Samantha (dlm37015's daughter)

Save your self some money, I have shot around 13,000 of his pulled bullets in the last 14 months and they will hold under 2 - 2.5 moa. (shooting with aimpoint)  er,ah ....disregard.... they suck....don't buy them, I need more.

Edited by Static_USMC