Any Loopholes for open Carry without permit in Tennessee?

Guest saiga12boy

No, TN did a good job of completely violating the second amendment by making it illegal to carry any weapon with the intent to go armed. The only defense to this is the Handgun carry permit. Your still carrying illegally with an hcp, it just that is a defense to breaking the law.

You can carry one openly or concealed when you are hunting (with one legal for the game you are hunting), fishing, camping, at the range, your business, home, or other property.

Basically if you are carrying in public, you will need a permit.

No. And I don't mean to reprimand you but instead ask that you not consider looking for one. Even if there were loopholes, it does no one any good. We have a fair and just system in TN. It may not be perfect but it is exponentially better than the most of Amerika. PLEASE, support the system by getting your permit. By supporting the system in this manner you make your voice heard as one of a large number. Lawmakers respect numbers. They have to. The larger the number of people supporting a given thing, the greater the power that thing has. If enough participate, the chances of revoking TNs rights to carry diminish.
  • Like 5
Guest saiga12boy
No. And I don't mean to reprimand you but instead ask that you not consider looking for one. Even if there were loopholes, it does no one any good. We have a fair and just system in TN. It may not be perfect but it is exponentially better than the most of Amerika. PLEASE, support the system by getting your permit. By supporting the system in this manner you make your voice heard as one of a large number. Lawmakers respect numbers. They have to. The larger the number of people supporting a given thing, the greater the power that thing has. If enough participate, the chances of revoking TNs rights to carry diminish.

I'm not 21 yet so I can't get one. So I coudn't even if i wanted to. But you are right. Tennessee's system is a LOT better than in a lot of America.

Agreed. +1

[quote name="saiga12boy" post="865510" timestamp="1356120616"]I'm not 21 yet so I can't get one. So I coudn't even if i wanted to. But you are right. Tennessee's system is a LOT better than in a lot of America.[/quote] Ahhhh, okay. Well brother, there's no loophole in the country that'd help you there. With the exception of hunting, you can't tote one at all. Trust me though, it's worth the wait. Couple of months before your 21st start getting your ducks in a row, sign up for a class and be ready. Take care and be safe.
  • Like 1
Guest saiga12boy
Ahhhh, okay. Well brother, there's no loophole in the country that'd help you there. With the exception of hunting, you can't tote one at all. Trust me though, it's worth the wait. Couple of months before your 21st start getting your ducks in a row, sign up for a class and be ready. Take care and be safe.

Yeah i'll have to wait till then to concealed carry. But at least in some states I can open carry when I become 18.

Guest saiga12boy
I'm sitting here talking to you about TN law and I just now realized your in Colorado!

Yeah it's kinda funny. But i'd move out of here if I could but i'm under 18 years of age.

I'm not 21 yet so I can't get one. So I coudn't even if i wanted to. But you are right. Tennessee's system is a LOT better than in a lot of America.

Change your residence to SD and get a carry permit there at 18.  TN recognizes SD permits.

Also, it appears ND would also be a possible good choice...  Both states have 'lax' residency requirements to get a permit.  MT, and WY would also work but have longer periods to become a resident (6 months vs 30 days or less for SD and ND).

Edited by JayC
Change your residence to SD and get a carry permit there at 18.  TN recognizes SD permits.

Also, it appears ND would also be a possible good choice...  Both states have 'lax' residency requirements to get a permit.  MT, and WY would also work but have longer periods to become a resident (6 months vs 30 days or less for SD and ND).

TN will only recognize it for 6 months after he has TN residency.

Not sure if that would even float past the under 21 thing anyway.

Edited by strickj
TN will only recognize for 6 months after he has TN residency.

Not sure if that would even float past the under 21 thing anyway.

He's an out of state resident already...  unless he's coming here to live, a SD permit (or ND, MT, WY) are all recognized by TN, and there is nothing in the law that limits it to permits issued to those 21 or over.

It's a legal way for 18-20 year olds to carry in a lot of states, if they can be SD residents.

Guest saiga12boy

Thank you I think I might do that.  

Guest saiga12boy
You can join the TFA and NRA and GOA and USCCA and other pro-gun/pro-2A organizations right now...the best way to move toward actual restoration of our 2A rights is to get involved. ;)

I might do that but a way to get better carrying laws passed would be to open carry legally in the states that you can. People will become more used to it and more people will back up laws defening Open Carry.

I might do that but a way to get better carrying laws passed would be to open carry legally in the states that you can. People will become more used to it and more people will back up laws defening Open Carry.

Not sure how we suddenly got to open carry but other than wanting it to be true, I see no logical reason to think that openly carrying will result in better carry laws or serve to get people used to it.  In fact, I suspect the result would be the exact opposite of that.

I'd say most people are still trying to "get used" to people carrying at all because people routinely carrying weapons in most parts of the country was not part of societal experience for many decades until things started to very slowly turn around about 25 years ago.