Map: Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?

So reads the title on this page posted in true gestapo fashion.... how long before some genius thinks to do this here...

"The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver. The data does not include owners of long guns — rifles or shotguns — which can be purchased without a permit. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so."

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Edited by zapfbroad
Guest CigarGuy

In Florida, I think it was 6-8 years ago, they removed those records from the "public".

Interestingly, out local rag, Tampa Bay Times, solution to these mass murders is

1. Ban assault and semi-automatic weapons

2. Make public the concealed carry list.

Well our data is already out there; it's public record.  I moved here 2 years ago, and my name is posted here: http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/gunpermits/

I'm a software engineer and have spent much time in the geocoding sector.  Though our full address isn't in the record, it wouldn't take much to match the information given with the numerous white-pages out there to come up with a map. 

The difference between ours & the one the OP Posted was mapping.

The TN one doesn't list your actual address, and you must search by last name.  The OP's original mapping one, you don't.  Pick a dot and click.

If they did this in TN ... I wouldn't know what to think.

This is interesting.  Zoom in to New York City and you will see there's only a handful of permits.  Go north off of Manhattan Island and you'll see a definite boundary where permit holders are crowded in.  Must be a Ziegfried Line of sorts.

I was on my phone earlier and couldn't get my full thoughts in on this.\

We need to call that the Bloomberg/Siegfried Freedom line.

BTW, the media pretends to not understand those are not the firearms/citizens they need to be concerned with.

You know, if someone was attacking the 1st amendment I bet they would sing a totally different tune.
Guest KCampbell
[quote name='gun sane' timestamp='1356406669' post='868178']Let's see if they can take it as well as they dish it out. This blogger tracked down the publisher and outed her name, address, phone #s and credit card buying habits. [url="http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/"]http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/[/url][/quote] That sir is awesome.I wonder if she would like a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?lol:ph34r: Sent from my SCH-I1535 using Tapatalk 2 while fighting off ninjas. Edited by KCampbell
That sir is awesome.I wonder if she would like a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?lol:ph34r: Sent from my SCH-I1535 using Tapatalk 2 while fighting off ninjas.

I believe she would, per lifestyle She buys from the internet, browses mail catalogs, subscribes to magazine and buys from mail catalogs.
Guest KCampbell
[quote name='vontar' timestamp='1356410192' post='868208']That sir is awesome.I wonder if she would like a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog?lol:ph34r: Sent from my SCH-I1535 using Tapatalk 2 while fighting off ninjas.I believe she would, per lifestyle She buys from the internet, browses mail catalogs, subscribes to magazine and buys from mail catalogs.[/quote] I kinda meant "SEVERAL" catalogs from "SEVERAL"people. Sent from my SCH-I1535 using Tapatalk 2 while fighting off ninjas.
I view their actions as tantamount to shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theater. The information may have been public record, but they are highly irresponsible in publishing it, potentially criminally so if it causes harm to anyone directly or indirectly.
The newspaper separately noted that the reporter on the story "owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/25/new-york-newspaper-faces-backlash-after-publishing-map-gun-permit-holders/#ixzz2G5qvO45S

How did she get one when so many other people can't not? (guessing money)