profitable or a hassle to own an AR in the future?

None have been taken to SCOTUS yet either...  It's like saying in 2004 that the Washington DC handgun ban hadn't been found unconstitutional, because in 30 years nobody has tried.

Truth is the vast majority of federal and state firearm laws have not been challenged up until a few years ago...  Miller was the only case taken to SCOTUS, and even with no defense showing up, it seemed to leave a large loophole in the NFA.

It's taken us 40+ years for your generation to get us into this mess, it's going to take decades to get all of these unconstitutional laws challenged and overturned.

Our generation? Why don't you look back further? And then come back to the present and say that with a straight face.

Every generation in this country's history is responsible. JayC. I'm rather surprised at you for that. Nothing generational

about it, just emotional whimps with louder mouths being egged on by progressives, all along.

I realize that speculation and conjecture; especially based on incomplete (and often totally lacking facts) is something we do constantly here on TGO  : ) but does anyone really think we know enough to even begin to formulate a rational answer to the original question?  I don't know what is going to happen but one thing I'm not going to do is go into a panic about what may come.

I think the most prudent thing to do right now is, if you aren't already a member, join every pro-2A/pro-firearm group you can find and send extra money to their legislative action committees/PACs.  Start writing to your congressmen and senators (even if they don't want to listen they need to know how their constituents feel and have a little political fear put in their hearts).
This is a quick rough chop, and out of scale, but I think this will be the only way to possibly hide the AR from the liberals.

ar15_zps6fd0c511.jpg

plus this..

12-fiveyth_zps88523fb7.jpg

= This...

ar15a_zps7bb9d723.jpg

There will need to be variations to account for forward assists, and button extensions, safety selector adapters, etc. but you get the point.

This is a quick rough chop, and out of scale, but I think this will be the only way to possibly hide the AR from the liberals.

ar15_zps6fd0c511.jpg

plus this..

12-fiveyth_zps88523fb7.jpg

= This...

ar15a_zps7bb9d723.jpg

There will need to be variations to account for forward assists, and button extensions, safety selector adapters, etc. but you get the point.

And... you have a Mini 14 WITH all the noise and complications of an AR...

You may be right. I can only think that that is only one more step to registration. So, the majority of NRA members already
caved? I should ask for my money back.

It isn't the NRA's fault if a lot of its members are being stupid on this point. We have a lot of "gun people" who see nothing wrong with many of the infringements that make others of us cringe. ;0
Well, there are already about 15 states where there are partial or total bans on private sales, none found unconstitutional, so I don't see how a federal ban on that could be either.

- OS

That could easily carry over to a state's rights argument real fast. You know that. Where they were found to be

unconstitutional was on the federal level, wasn't it? And the law that allows carry through, or safe passage through

a state. I don't know enough "facts" about the issue any more.

What gets me is the malaise with the people in this country who won't push back against this kind of thing. That is

exactly where the ball has been dropped. I see things as being myself being turned into a criminal by the leviathan,

and that's fine by me. Screw 'em.

[img=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/Booberspics/ar15_zps6fd0c511.jpg]

plus this..

[img=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/Booberspics/12-fiveyth_zps88523fb7.jpg]

= This...

[img=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/Booberspics/ar15a_zps7bb9d723.jpg]

The point is pathetic if we have to put lipstick on a pig to please a career bureaucrat. What if only pink ar's were legal? This conversation about compliant wood stocks is pitiful.
The point is pathetic if we have to put lipstick on a pig to please a career bureaucrat. What if only pink ar's were legal? This conversation about compliant wood stocks is pitiful.

Well excuse the snot out of me. 

I just happen to think your average liberal is dumb enough about guns to be fooled by such things.  :wave:

Edited by Will H

Considering Magpul just relased a line of pink MOE furniture I have pondered "What if that is all we can get?"  :yuck: