Congressman Jim Cooper's WEAK response

Dear  Mr. Schroer:

Thank you for contacting me about legislation to ban certain types of firearms and ammunition. I appreciate hearing your perspective and am happy to respond.

December's horrific school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut left twenty innocent children and six brave adults dead. This tragedy has rightly focused our attention on what we can do to prevent violence like this in the future, and I am willing to consider any proposal that will keep our children safe, regardless of politics. Nothing is more important.

President Obama has appointed the Vice President to lead a task force charged with proposing "concrete solutions" to curb gun violence. The Vice President announced its recommendations will be presented to the President no later than Tuesday, January 15 th . I look forward to carefully reviewing its proposals, and will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind going forward. I encourage you to keep in touch on this issue as proposals evolve in the coming months.

Thanks for sharing your views with me. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me again with any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
cooper-signature.gif 
Jim Cooper
Member of Congress

I am disappointed  with this.......

Aaron

• Like 1

Dear  Mr. Schroer:

Thank you for contacting me about legislation to ban certain types of firearms and ammunition. I appreciate hearing your perspective and am happy to respond.

December's horrific school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut left twenty innocent children and six brave adults dead. This tragedy has rightly focused our attention on what we can do to prevent violence like this in the future, and I am willing to consider any proposal that will keep our children safe, regardless of politics. Nothing is more important.

President Obama has appointed the Vice President to lead a task force charged with proposing "concrete solutions" to curb gun violence. The Vice President announced its recommendations will be presented to the President no later than Tuesday, January 15 th . I look forward to carefully reviewing its proposals, and will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind going forward. I encourage you to keep in touch on this issue as proposals evolve in the coming months.

Thanks for sharing your views with me. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me again with any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,cooper-signature.gif 
Jim Cooper
Member of Congress

Aaron[/quote][quote name="lil*pup" post="881262" timestamp="1357882972"]Dear  Mr. Schroer:

Sincerely,cooper-signature.gif 
Jim Cooper
Member of Congress

Aaron

He's a sellout. Spineless, bloodsucking parasite.
I knew very well how Cooper would respond that's why I didn't bother wasting key punches writing him.

President Obama has appointed the Vice President to lead a task force charged with proposing "concrete solutions" to curb gun violence.

It's really funny, kinda like appointing the leader of Hamas and Al Queda to lead an Islamic task force charged with proposing "concrete solutions" to curb violent attacks against the west and Jews.

"concrete solutions"? There's another cute little word like "common sense gun laws" Definition: We are going to attack and destroy the 2nd Amendment as much as we can.
  • Like 1

I knew very well how Cooper would respond that's why I didn't bother wasting key punches writing him.
It's really funny, kinda like appointing the leader of Hamas and Al Queda to lead an Islamic task force charged with proposing "concrete solutions" to curb violent attacks against the west and Jews.

"concrete solutions"? There's another cute little word like "common sense gun laws" Definition: We are going to attack and destroy the 2nd Amendment as much as we can.

Those clowns can't fix a busted shoelace. They've proven it time and again.

• Like 3
Jim Cooper's big support comes from the rich elite in western Davidson county (Green Hills and Belle Meade) and also the minority vote. Brad Staat, his challenger last time, actually came door to door in my neighborhood seeking votes. He got all of ours.

I got same reply. Too many fools keep voting for this idiot in Davidson County.

I had the "pleasure " of meeting this man years ago during one of his early runs for office. And actually had the opportunity to speak with him. What a waste of my time.

He was as bland and pro-party line then as now. No opinions of his own. Whatever the popular opinion is...he will follow.

Edited by hipower