NEW PUNISHER MOVIE!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Interesting. He got one move from the Brothers Connor....except he meant to be upside down spinning and shooting with both guns...

Guest db99wj
Yeah supposedly there was gonna be another boondock movie but I never seen any trailers or teasers for it.

I have heard that as well, but I did see this the other day.

According to wikipedia:

In late March of 2002, Duffy posted a letter to fans of the first film, claiming that financial backing had been found for a sequel. It would reportedly have twice the budget of the original film, and "experience a theatrical release." According to the film's official website, the release date of the sequel The Boondock Saints: All Saints Day would be September 2005, though this never materialized. In an interview with IGN, Duffy explained the litigation with the company that controls the rights to the first film,[16] Duffy went on to express his, as well as most of the casts', interest in making the sequel.

“Everybody's back in except Willem Dafoe, [because] sometimes actors have their careers plotted out in different ways and he's sort of doing a different thing now. So he's the only one who won't be back. Bill Connolly, the brothers, Rocco, everybody's in and calling me every two weeks and going when are we going to do this thing?[24]â€

In June 2006, it was announced that due to the success of The Boondock Saints on DVD, 20th Century Fox has agreed to finance a sequel.[25] In September of 2006, a video—originally released for a one night showing in May 2006—was posted to the Boondocks website.[26] In this video, Duffy explains the legal issues of the sequel, confirms that the sequel will in fact be a reality, and mentions a new project called The Good King. It also announces that the film will have a theatrical release in the United States.

Troy Duffy, posted a video on his YouTube account on March 17th, 2008 (in possible accordance with the holiday St. Patrick's Day) which detailed that the sequel has been given a green light by Sony and is set to have the entire cast return with the exception of Willem Dafoe. This film will begin shooting summer of 2008 according to Duffy.[27] The clip was taken down from YouTube shortly after it was uploaded, but remains on other accounts. Per a radio interview with Duffy, shooting is to begin August 2008.

On June 20, 2008, while being introduced at the Comedy Connection in Boston, Massachusetts, it was stated that Bob Marley was currently in production of the Boondock Saints sequel, reprising his role from the first film

I hated to see Tom Jane go as I thought he did the character justice, but I liked the new guy's look. It fit well with the newer graphic novels, but the movie looks like it just wants to explore fancy shootouts and bad dialogue. I'll catch it on Cinemax I suppose. I'm really bummed about this one :rolleyes:

Guest unreconstructed1
I hated to see Tom Jane go as I thought he did the character justice, but I liked the new guy's look. It fit well with the newer graphic novels, but the movie looks like it just wants to explore fancy shootouts and bad dialogue. I'll catch it on Cinemax I suppose. I'm really bummed about this one :tough:

yeah, there was a lot of talk about Jane's Punisher being "soft", but I really enjoyed the movie and thought that he pulled it off.

I'll catch this one, but I don't see how it can be better than Jane's version.

Guest Halfpint
I hated to see Tom Jane go as I thought he did the character justice, but I liked the new guy's look. It fit well with the newer graphic novels, but the movie looks like it just wants to explore fancy shootouts and bad dialogue. I'll catch it on Cinemax I suppose. I'm really bummed about this one :(
I'll decide closer to time whether or not I'll see it, but I'm sure my little brother will want to. I thought Jane did pretty well, actually, but I never followed the comic books.

What happened to the (signature) comped 1911's, anyway?

yeah, there was a lot of talk about Jane's Punisher being "soft", but I really enjoyed the movie and thought that he pulled it off.

I'll catch this one, but I don't see how it can be better than Jane's version.

I heard alot of the soft stuff to, but considering it was right after he lost his family, I liked the dark brooding, mentally unstable Frank Castle/Punisher mix. Maybe that is what the new one is all about is him being the actual Punisher.

I'll decide closer to time whether or not I'll see it, but I'm sure my little brother will want to. I thought Jane did pretty well, actually, but I never followed the comic books.

What happened to the (signature) comped 1911's, anyway?

I loved those Colts.

I think it fits the comic book version of Punisher a little better.

I agree, I followed the Punisher (War Zone, War Journal, etc.) growing up and it's great to Frank Castle getting some exposure. Punisher Armory comic books are what "activated" my never-ending interest is firearms.

Guest unreconstructed1
I heard alot of the soft stuff to, but considering it was right after he lost his family, I liked the dark brooding, mentally unstable Frank Castle/Punisher mix. Maybe that is what the new one is all about is him being the actual Punisher.

well that was the original idea, but after Jane decided not to sign on to this one ( I heard that he felt that this movie would "ruin the character") they decided to make this a completely seperate franchise ( sort of like Incredible Hulkyear before last, and theis years version)

Interesting. He got one move from the Brothers Connor....except he meant to be upside down spinning and shooting with both guns...

pretty sure leon in the professional did it several years prior.

ive been known to be wrong before though

Edited by Daniel
Guest db99wj
pretty sure leon in the professional did it several years prior.

ive been known to be wrong before though

Maybe so, I am more likely to be wrong than anyone when it comes to movie trivia. I just watched the Boondock Saints this spring for the first time. Loved it by the way. Difference in your reference, this trailer and the Connor Brother is that the brother, didn't intend on doing it, that pesky foot got caught in that silly rope he insisted on bringing with them!!!:eek:

Guest Halfpint

After my brother and I watched Saints, we managed to talk our group of friends into seeing it . . . We got eyeballed at odd moments for a while after that. There are a few similarities between us, but I have to say the "gun room" scene fit us perfectly.

Back to topic, what was up with the EOD/bomb squad armor? Kinda a big jump toward overkill, from the basic body armor and sleeveless shirt of the last movie . . .