Benton Shooters

Guest Brent1973

Guest Lester Weevils

I won't pay rapacious prices, but there is something to be said for a store that has what you want, when you want, even if they don't have the lowest price. I've most likely paid a LITTLE more on lots of guns than if I'd haunted every store and or bought off the internet. But if I want a particular gun and the dealer has it right there ready to walk out with, it usually ain't worth a few bucks to turn the shopping process into a long drawn out science project.

Ought to go look at Fugates sometime, never been to Fugates, Benton, or Carter's for that matter. Never been to Volunteer but I enjoy looking at their stuff twice a year at the Camp Jordan gun show. They are nice folks as best can tell, and I bought one rifle from them a few years ago. I would probably have bought a couple more from Volunteer, but the prices seemed a little on the high side to me. But they are kinda what I was talking about above-- Maybe the prices are a little on the high side but they sure do seem to have a good variety of stock.

+1 for volunteer ordnance works i havent seen their after prices but good people.
Carters is another good one.

Carters jacked the prices on PMAGS to $40. I went in there after I bought two and was like do yall price match. They said yes. I said on PMAGS? They go yes. I said I just got 4 from Sportsmans Warehouse for $17.95/ea. They said no you didnt and I am like want me to go bring them in with the receipt? They then said they wont price match. I am done with them here soon.

I have had some bad experiences with Volunteer Ordinance Works. It wasn't anything too bad. All I am going to say on here is that if you are looking for an item that they dont have they will make you feel like crap. However, I have heard from some police officers I know up that way that police and military are not really welcome. They won't ask you to leave, they will just ignore you or make you feel unwelcome.

I have bought guns at just about everywhere in town. Sportsmans and Academy just have the big box store experience but are pretty reliable in being priced correctly. I have bought the best deals at GT Distributors and Fugates though. I think the days of $300 Glocks at GT's have long passed though. Edited by Patton

I was in Benton's a few weeks ago, they had plenty of Ruger BX-25 mags for $75 as well as Glock mags for $75. The 33 round Glock mags were $125 from what I could tell, they had them stuck behind the counter. I saw some WWB 40S&W for $70 for 100 rounds.

Maybe that's why I've never bought anything from them, I can't afford it.