Is this even legal? Rahm Emanuel and Chicago banks

Something seems fishy though I can't put my finger on it.  Something is just not right about a government official attempting to stop what is a legal and legitimate business practice.  You know that if he was sending letters to Ford Motor Co.s creditors (if they even have creditors) that junk wouldn't fly.

Guest Lester Weevils

“Doing business with gun manufacturers might benefit the banks’ bottom line, but they put our police officers, our children and our communities at risk,” said the mayor.

As mentioned many times by many people, it would be poetic justice if all major manufacturers would boycott certain cities and state governments. It would be satisfying to see the police of Rahm's Chicago or Bloomberg's NYC forced by necessity to carry jam-o-matic Tec 9's or pot-metal Jennings pistols. :)

As mentioned many times by many people, it would be poetic justice if all major manufacturers would boycott certain cities and state governments. It would be satisfying to see the police of Rahm's Chicago or Bloomberg's NYC forced by necessity to carry jam-o-matic Tec 9's or pot-metal Jennings pistols. :)

Looks like we need to start doing a little pressuring of our own. We can contact the firearms manufacturers just like we do our representatives.
  • Like 2

Its entirely legal.

I have to deal with this with my own business.  Finding a merchant account provider was no easy task.  Paypal already has this rule on the books. 

The dem's will figure out some way or another to get their BS gun control crap to stick.  whether that be taxing ammo to death, limiting ammo purchases, forcing the banks hand on who they can do business with, etc....

All BS in my book but perfect legal from what I've seen.

Its entirely legal.

I have to deal with this with my own business.  Finding a merchant account provider was no easy task.  Paypal already has this rule on the books. 

The dem's will figure out some way or another to get their BS gun control crap to stick.  whether that be taxing ammo to death, limiting ammo purchases, forcing the banks hand on who they can do business with, etc....

All BS in my book but perfect legal from what I've seen.

I say we just stop resisting and give them all of our bullets.

• Like 4

"financially support companies that profit from gun violence.”

Emanuel, you are truly a dirt bag. How could you even utter those words?

Instead of messing with good Americans that have jobs, and companies that create jobs, why don’t you work on finding jobs for the people that voted for you? Oh wait I forgot….. they don’t want jobs. They would rather take handouts from you and those like you, while the rest of us carry you on our back. Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 2
Im not a lawyer, but I would expect that there is big difference between a private company choosing who to do business with bases on shared values and a Governmental agency choosing to use its buying power and politica influence to interrupt the contractual arrangements of two private businesses. I think the term is "Tortious interference"

Any TGO attorneys care to comment?

Like this http://video.foxnews.com/v/2125362636001/dems-new-strategy-to-go-after-gun-manufacturers/?playlist_id=903226511001

Link not found.

I'm guessing it was Atty Jay Sekulow discussing Tortious interference with contractual relations. The Mayor can express his opinion of what the banks should do but if he actually contacts them he may wind up in court.

If any banks do drop firearms related companies, 2nd Amendment supporters need to be prepared to vote with their pocketbooks and stop doing business with those very banks. The same goes for retailers and delivery companies too.

[quote name="PapaB" post="899093" timestamp="1359463047"]Link not found.   I'm guessing it was Atty Jay Sekulow discussing Tortious interference with contractual relations. The Mayor can express his opinion of what the banks should do but if he actually contacts them he may wind up in court.   If any banks do drop firearms related companies, 2nd Amendment supporters need to be prepared to vote with their pocketbooks and stop doing business with those very banks. The same goes for retailers and delivery companies too.[/quote] it's back up now