Newest acquisition -Springfield XD(M)

Guest Len

My newest purchase. (Many thanks to TripleDigitRide for a smooth and pleasant transaction!)

This is the new "remodeled" Springfield XD(M) in 40S&W. This is a bi-tone, striker-fired plastic fantastic which holds 16+1, has a match-grade barrel, adjustable backstrap and an overall nice feel. I have yet to fire her, so don't have much to report as of yet. Will provide a full range report once I can get out to the club and shoot some. Comes with a nice plastic case with 2 mags, holster, mag loader, double mag pouch, tools, a total of 3 backstrap sizes and a little certificate certifying the gun is one of the first 5k made. Fit and finish seem above-average so far. More to follow. Been lusting over this gun ever since I saw it at NRA.

Springfield_XDM.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest rebelyell1972

Great choice Len. Those guys at Hero gear sold me one and I love it. I think it is going to be a lot safer pistol than my old Glock 21.

All this time, and no range report?

My bad. I've only had the chance to shoot the gun once, and that was not a full range session, so I can only offer a few brief points:

1) AWESOME trigger!! Of course, this is coming from a Glock guy, so you 1911 folks take it with a grain of salt. However, Dunndw was with me that day and he also liked the trigger, and he worships at the alter of John Moses Browning daily. Crisp, light, breaks like glass. Sweet.

2) Easy pointer -very natural grip and point for me. I used the middle-size grip panel. Easy to handle. Easy to get back on target for a double-tap.

3) Very manageable recoil. I usually shoot 9mm, so I expected the .40 to pack a bit more punch, but I really could not tell the difference.

4) No malfunctions, mags were easy to remove and insert. Holds 16+1 -wow.

Congrats on the XDM.

I bought one from Guns & Leather about a month ago and love it. I have also been impressed with the accuracy out of mine. It did take me about 200 rounds to break it in and get consistant accuracy, but after that point it was golden. It is the first piece of plastic that I have owned that even begins to rival my 1911 and Sig in accuracy. It is definitely outshooting the XD Tactical 40 that I used to have.

Guest abailey362

don't you mean 17 :hat:

I should have a range report soon was well....as my recent avatar change indicates...one should be in my hand tomorrow morning.

I love my XDM I've only feed it 300rds. It shoots just as good or better than it looks. And when it comes to fighting pistols I don't care about looks, only performance. But I've never had a problem from my other XD's. They are my nite stand weapons.

16 in the clip and one in the hole
don't you mean 17 :D

I should have a range report soon was well....as my recent avatar change indicates...one should be in my hand tomorrow morning.

Where are you getting it from?