The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

JKGlock17, you just gave me an idea that I think could have worked.  Instead of Shane getting killed off, what if he had left when he first said he was going to - maybe took Andrea with him.  The two of them run into Michonne (who joins up with them after saving their hides in some particularly cool and butt-kicking way) and from there the show takes two, different paths.  Unlike the Andrea/Woodbury and the prison storylines, there would be no need to necessarily 'recombine' them.  Let Rick and his group settle at the prison while Shane and his group stay on the move (wasn't there some military base that Shane wanted to head toward?)  That way, it is sort of the best of both worlds - the conflicts that the settled group face as well as conflicts faced by a migratory group.

I wouldn't do any of this flip/flopping back and forth in the same episode, though.  In fact, I probably wouldn't even flip back and forth that much from one episode to the other.  Instead, I'd do at least three or four episodes focusing on one before switching to the other.  In fact, it might be interesting to do the entire first half of the season focusing on Shane's group and the last half focusing on Rick's group (or vice versa.)  Alternately, they could divide the first half of the season into two parts with one focusing on Shane and the other on Rick then do the same with the second half.  To me, staying with one group for multiple episodes would give better continuity than flip-flopping back and forth within the same episode or doing alternating episodes.

Something like that would allow for different storylines, showing different takes on the outbreak and how to survive it, while also keeping one part of the story from dragging out for too long.  Almost like having two shows in one!

It might be interesting to let things go on like that for a while and then, in the final season, have the two storylines converge.  It could be by that point that Rick and Shane are each the leader of a fairly large and capable group of survivors - and the plot driver for the last season could be a clash between those, two groups (maybe Shane has decided that Lori had his daughter and he wants to take his daughter back from Rick.)  I might even end the show's run with Rick and Shane having killed each other, most of the two groups being wiped out, their bases of operation destroyed and Carl (as a young man) leading the combined survivors of both groups as they once again take to the road.

Heck, for that matter have Tyreese and his group join up with Rick's group at the end of this season and then spend the majority of next season telling Tyreese's back story, right from the beginning of the outbreak or at least beginning after they left the 'bunker' their survivalist neighbor had set up (almost like a chance to 'revisit' the kind of action and drama we saw in the first season with folks who weren't yet 'jaded' to the presence of walkers and the whole survival process.  It would also be a chance to kill off a lot of 'main' characters (the ones originally in Tyreese's group) before they run into Rick and co.

great idea i really like your thought process and i agree that it would be great. my only thing i would miss about shane would be the way his character turned dark after he left otis as buffet for the walkers. so have him leave after that at least.

Just to make some interesting discussion on this. If this WAS all a dream, do you think he would actually be able to stay married to Lori and/or even function in society? That's a pretty messed up dream.haha

Well...I have some pretty wierd dreams and I function somewhat well...sometimes.

Surely a sheriff could handle it.

Guest nra37922

As long as the show is making tons of money there will not be a final episode.

And BTW Rick died in the hospital but the virus didn't wipe his mind. 

As long as the show is making tons of money there will not be a final episode.

And BTW Rick died in the hospital but the virus didn't wipe his mind. 

This reminds me of some C Movie Zombie flick I watched recently. All of the characters thought they were humans going up against some type of super fast "enemy" but in fact they were zombies and didn't know it.

Guest BCR#1

Really? :down:

2. Having seen her a bit more 'cleaned up' and not scowling for the entirety of the episode, I now believe that Danai Gurira (Michonne) just might be the 'hottest' woman on the show - but only with the dreads/braids (which she doesn't seem to have in 'real life.)  Just my opinion, of course.  Carry on.

Guest nra37922

Are you being serious that Rick died in the hospital? Is that in the comics or something?

No.  But he was first in the hospital with a live fresh plant and wakes up with a dead withered one.  Which means it wasn't watered for quite awhile which would make one think that Rick had had water in quite awhile also.  And then there is the fact that though it showed Shane pushing a cart in front of hospital room when Rick got out it wasn't there which means an unlocked door in a hospital overrun at one time with zombies.  If I remember correctly, hospital monitoring equipment is noisy when working which would include his IV fluids etc had stopped.  Noises does attract zombies I believe.

Just to make some interesting discussion on this. If this WAS all a dream, do you think he would actually be able to stay married to Lori and/or even function in society? That's a pretty messed up dream.haha

After waking up he finally gets out bed opens the door to the hall and a group of Zombies rush him...

After waking up he finally gets out bed opens the door to the hall and a group of Zombies rush him...

First he would have to use the toilet really bad, which of course would be a violation of Rule #3 "Beware of Bathrooms". Thus my money would be on a zombie nurse waiting for him in the bathroom!

As to Rick dying in the hospital, that's an interesting theory, but I think it's more along the lines of bending reality for the sake of drama. The plant was dead, everything covered in dust etc for effect.

Also, many of those machines have battery backups built-in so they will keep working when the patient is being moved etc, so with movie logic they could have kept him alive for a longer period of time.

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

As to Rick dying in the hospital, that's an interesting theory, but I think it's more along the lines of bending reality for the sake of drama. The plant was dead, everything covered in dust etc for effect.

Also, many of those machines have battery backups built-in so they will keep working when the patient is being moved etc, so with movie logic they could have kept him alive for a longer period of time.

No fluids, no food and he was able to get out of bed and walk out of the hospital and down the street.   But it is only a show....

No fluids, no food and he was able to get out of bed and walk out of the hospital and down the street.   But it is only a show....

I did say "with movie logic" :) Same way the hero is shot, but 5 minutes later he moves around like he just spilled ketchup on his shirt.....

I was thinking the same thing.

He had AMPLE time to drop it. How long could anybody expect Carl to wait? It's not just his life but his baby sister and the closest thing to a mate the little fellar has. Judith and Beth's life ain't worth that of some little pissant.
  • Like 1