GLOCK factory magazine question

Bought a factory 12 round (9mm) magazine a few weeks ago because it was on the shelf. Noticed overly stiff spring, more so than normal this time. The floor plate wasn't exactly at the bottom, fixed that. Kept it loaded with 12 rounds, now one or two rounds move around (area of the 7th and 9th). Not sure why but an odd number of rounds keeps things tight. Any thoughts?
PS: Still learning the Glock platform Edited by JHC77
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's factory TN-popo. Matches the two that came with my 26. Factory package that I've seen before I was a Glock owner. Just curious. The other two 10 rounders don't rattle at all. Seems like after a while moving around in there, it might do some damage.
OK, so it's a G26 mag with a +2 baseplate?
Not sure what spring is in there then because the original spring would be looser, not tight, with the +2 on it.
Anyway, like BN said, some degree of rattle is normal...but I'd definitely check the reliability of that thing since I doubt it's the original G26 spring in it. Edited by TN-popo

Glock base plates are a bitch to get off.  You have to squeeze the bodies while using leverage and a tool to pop the base plate.  What you're describing with the rattle is normal.  Don't worry about it or screw up your magazine getting the base off.  100% normal and will not affect function.

[quote name="scoutfsu" post="904305" timestamp="1360021765"]Glock base plates are a bitch to get off.[\quote]

Not really.
Just jam a Glock Tool (or, secretly, a 3/32" punch) and pull in the only logical direction and they pop right off. I don't even squeeze the sides...
Top Secret Glock Armorer Move. :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rJq_gYUPqQU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrJq_gYUPqQU Edited by TN-popo

I've always had to squeeze the sides of the mags to disengage the tabs.  I've seen people bitching about them for years online, saying its like you need three hands to pop the base plate off.  I've broken a Glock tool too.

I guess we'll chalk it up to my girl hands.

I have 3 glock 26 factory +2 mags. . all rattle if you put 12 in. . dont with 11. Ive read that after they break in that will stop. I also have 3 factory ten rounders with Pierce +2 extentions on them that only hold 11 but Ive read that after they break in they will hold 12. We shall see. . but for now all function flawlessly with 11 and thats fine by me. . .

Edited by turkeydad
  • 2 weeks later...
Pinch the sides in. I usually strain myself like an Olympic weight lifter going for the gold. Nice to hear abiut the Pearce e tensions breaking in, tried to break my thumb putting #19 in a G17 mag before I decided 18 was fine for now.