Chattanooga Meet

Best Day To Shoot?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Day To Shoot?

• Saturday the 12th
    • Sunday the 13th

Sorry, I fubar'ed the other threads and poll trying to merge them... hit delete accidentally.

Anyways. The poll was 6-2 in favor of Sunday, so I'm restarting it at that point.

Carters? Other options for where to shoot?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what happened when it wouldn't let me post a reply!Then I hit back and it was gone!:lol:

From what I gather The Cleavland Rifle Club is still on Saturday with the 3 gun,and were also meeting at Carters on Sunday.Cost at Cleveland is 10 bucks with Skip paying 5 of that(check with him!).Cost at Caters with guest using my membership cost 5 or 10 dollars(dont remember which).

Me personally am not sure if I can make it out Saturday yet.More then likely I can do Sunday after noon`ish.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think I'll sit out a shoot at Carter's... I'm just not a big fan of those lead boogers. A little ventilation there would change my mind.

BTW, there's still not an "either" option for the poll.

I won't know if I'll be able to make 3-gun until probably that morning. My sister would kill me if I showed up to her wedding late, dirty, and wearing 5.11. Just depends on if I can get to the church in time.

Guest GLOCKGUY
We could still do Sunday at 1pm or a later at the CHRPC. Just send me email to let me know how many will come, so I can have some other members there so I don't get into trouble.

I will still pay $5 for anyone who wants to shoot the 3 gun, just let me know.

My email: skip@skipsfirearms.com

Cell 423-667-3173

this would work for me

Guest GUTTERbOY
We could still do Sunday at 1pm or a later at the CHRPC. Just send me email to let me know how many will come, so I can have some other members there so I don't get into trouble.

I will still pay $5 for anyone who wants to shoot the 3 gun, just let me know.

My email: skip@skipsfirearms.com

Cell 423-667-3173

I'd be up for this on Sunday. No gray snot, and I can shoot the rifle to boot.

Carters has a good range, but the ventilation just plain sucks. it could be that there isnt any at all. there is always Prentice Cooper, and that is FREE.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Strickj,www.chrpc.com Click on directions and it has the GPS as well as written directions.If ya'll decide to go there Sun. I may be able to make it.I am a member there as well as CRC.Oh yes,on the written directions when it says turn left on Lead mine Valley Rd do exactly that.Go past Lead Mine Valley Rd on the right and the left turn is a few hundred feet further on down.

Edited by et45

It is $65 a year and you are required to be an NRA member.Seniors and Disabled membership is even less. In the past you could pay $100 and the club would pay your membership with that.Now with all the different multiyear memberships the NRA offers members will be required to keep the NRA membership updated through the calender year.You can pick up an application at the clubhouse and you have to attend a meeting to submit your application and money.

Edited by et45
Guest abailey362
It is $65 a year and you are required to be an NRA member.Seniors and Disabled membership is even less. In the past you could pay $100 and the club would pay your membership with that.Now with all the different multiyear memberships the NRA offers members will be required to keep the NRA membership updated through the calender year.You can pick up an application at the clubhouse and you have to attend a meeting to submit your application and money.

I think that the motion for the club to stop doing the NRA memberships is still tabled (unless it passed the last couple of weeks...could make it).

There is also a place for 3 member references on the application (make sure to get both) and to bring a check when you come to apply.

It's a much easier and cheaper process that Chatt. Rifle Club and the facilities are nice and not crowded.

Guest GLOCKGUY
prentice cooper or cleveland................the prentice cooper firing range is 7 miles from my house.

yes can we decide which one and a time

i live right behind the Bi-Lo at the foot of the mountain, right before you turn to go across the tracks to 27 headed towards suck creek. depending on what day, if it had been Friday the 4th, i was up there at PC anyway with a group of guys i work with. 2 were on dirt bikes and myself and 2 others on 4 wheelers. there is a ton of good riding trails up there as well. looks like i might have opened up another activity for TGO members around Chattanooga. im sure some of you own ATVs and dirtbikes.

Edited by cadillacdude1975
i live right behind the Bi-Lo at the foot of the mountain, right before you turn to go across the tracks to 27 headed towards suck creek. depending on what day, if it had been Friday the 4th, i was up there at PC anyway with a group of guys i work with. 2 were on dirt bikes and myself and 2 others on 4 wheelers. there is a ton of good riding trails up there as well. looks like i might have opened up another activity for TGO members around Chattanooga. im sure some of you own ATVs and dirtbikes.

I wondered why a fella came by on a dirtbike when I was there. he asked about the range and the laws on firearm transport.

instead of turning right into the shooting range, if you go straight, there is a sign that specifically states that any firearm other than hunting ones are prohibited past this point. mine was in the glovebox locked up so i think i was ok. i dont ask and dont tell.