Muslims want gun shop to stop selling targets

Sure they do, but I doubt that one insignificant group of those who call themselves Baptists speak very much for the

overwhemingly large number of Baptists. Just because of our 24/7 news outlets have you ever even heard of Westboro

Baptist Church. Comparing them to Muslim terrorists is a stretch. It's problematic to generalize specifics, and wrong to

objectify the subjective. I forgot the exact quote, but I hope you get the drift.

One has declared war on something, and the other has done what? I'd say angered the Hell out of a lot, but there are

huge quantifiable differences.

they are the loudest but many fundy baptists (and similar other protestants)  would LOVE to have laws that allowed prayer in school, bible classes, and a number of them support morality laws as well such as anti-gay laws etc.

My mom is one of these, wants school prayer but its NOT ok to teach the quaran in schools at the same time.   She don't get it.   I keep telling her schools have all they can do to get a tiny bit of reading, math, and science taught -- they barely accomplish this. 

And I don't have a problem with prayer in public schools, but that is a different topic for another day, with different causalities. Politics

got in the way of sanity as far as that goes. Another change our society will come to regret. I know where you are going, though, Jonnin.

Just because someone calls their self a Baptist doesn't mean that they are indeed a Baptist. Although Baptists associate with such organizations as the Southern Baptist Convention, they are independent. It's not structured like the Roman Catholic Church or Greek Orthodox Church where they roll-up to a central authority other than God.

Just ask the pasty-faced Democrat in New England who claims to be a native American.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I have some Barney the Dinosaur targets, a truly fitting big purple pedophile target. There are lots of them online.

http://www.trixiepixgraphics.com/images/target_barney.jpg

target_barney.jpg

When they start selling targets of grumpy old redneck geezers, dunno whether or not the Grumpy Old Redneck Geezer Anti-Defamation League will take action. In such case might start looking over my shoulder more often. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

At least the paper target was a threat.  You know, holding an AK an all.

Yeah but barney is obviously threatening with 8 hi-cap assault flowers!

Guys you are missing the point...

Blue laws, ten commandments in court rooms, etc is the result of conservative Chrisitan faith exercising its religious viewpoint over society just like the Muslims want to do. When is the last time you have seen a Muslim strap a stick of dynamite to his chest in the US either? Eric Rudolph identified himself as a Christian and that was his motivation for targeting abortion clinics and gay/lesbians with his bombings. Not all Christians are good and not all Muslims are bad. I have a good friend who is Muslim and he has never threatened to kill me.

A target of a skeleton wearing a turban is clearly racist and is demeaning to an entire race of people and that isn't what America is about.

No.  All that is 'clear' about a target of a skeleton wearing a turban is that it is a target of a skeleton wearing a turban.  There are also targets depicting 'assailants' wearing ski masks - I don't see people whose faces get cold easily getting all butt hurt over them.  There are targets depicting assailants wearing unbuttoned flannel shirts over a t-shirt but you don't hear guys (like me) who sometimes dress that way complaining.

Heck, Walmart sells a multi-pack of zombie targets which contain, among others, targets of a zombie clown.  I haven't heard anything about Bozo or Ronald McDonald campaigning to get those pulled from shelves.  I've seen targets depicting a zombie in a butcher's apron hefting a big cleaver but I don't think the meat cutter unions have been whining about those.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

When is the last time you have seen a Muslim strap a stick of dynamite to his chest in the US either? Eric Rudolph identified himself as a Christian and that was his motivation for targeting abortion clinics and gay/lesbians with his bombings. Not all Christians are good and not all Muslims are bad. I have a good friend who is Muslim and he has never threatened to kill me.
 about.

The Muslims in our country have just not announced their D-day against the infidels yet. Presently they are way out numbered by us infidels. It probably won't be long since their Sharia law is supreme over our Constitutional law and infidel beheadings start taking place. After all our own President doesn't even adhere to our Constitution.
Guest RevScottie
I'm not sure how you guys make the leap that I was comparing Baptists to Muslim terrorists. I was simply saying that fundamentalists in both groups given the opportunity would use the government to impose their religious views on the general populace.

Not sure what personal experience some of you have had in actually dealing with those of the Muslim faith but my experience has never revealed any tendency towards violence against anyone. I'm certainly not saying that radical violent Muslims don't exist but I do not believe that it is true of the majority of American Muslims.
Rev, as someone who has had several dozen Muslim Arabs try to kill me, I can tell you that all my targets will be wearing turbans and sporting AKs. I'm sorry that makes you think I'm racist or intolerant, but like I said, that is your problem.

The Muslims that I know who were right there with me getting shot at would have zero issues with these targets, because they would understand that those targets are depicting the bad guys, not very Muslim man ever born. I'll never understand folks that will go out of their way to get offended.
  • Like 5

I am trying to think of the last time a baptist strapped on a stick of dynamite and blew themselves up at the abortion clinic, and drawing a blank. 

The last time an angsty islamist "radical" exploded was last month (though not in the states lately).

Actually, it was a whole lot more recent than that.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

I generally have a problem with any religion that thinks a mass murdering pedophile (Islam's prophet Muhammad) was the greatest man to have ever lived.

• Like 2

The whole thing could have been avoided had the store owner told the low information complainer the skeleton was not wearing a turban, it was a skeleton that depicted a person who died from a head wound, thus it was a bandage and then told the complainer  not to let the door hit them in the @$$ on the way out.

It sounds to me that RevScottie is a bit butt-hurt because a Baptist shared their belief with him in the past and he interpreted it as the person trying to force their belief on him while not understanding that that is exactly what a belief is: something that you believe to be true. Would he prefer to be lied to? I have never seen any Baptist put a gun or sword to someone and tell them to believe what they believe or they'll kill you. That's not to say that there aren't any out there, but they haven't made the news that I'm aware of, and they certainly wouldn't be Baptist or Christian in my estimation.

• Like 1

I have never seen any Baptist put a gun or sword to someone and tell them to believe what they believe or they'll kill you. That's not to say that there aren't any out there, but they haven't made the news that I'm aware of, and they certainly wouldn't be Baptist or Christian in my estimation.

There are a lot of Muslims that feel the same way about extremist Muslims.  They don't consider them to be true Muslims. 

I consider myself to be a pretty tolerant person, but I also have decent enough common sense to recognize when there is a problem.  9/11 was pretty good evidence that many in the Muslim world don't like us.  I realize that the 1 billion or so Muslims in the world were not all conspiring with UBL, but the sentiment across the Muslim world was that America deserved it.  So, from that pool there are plenty of military aged males who would be more than willing to fight us.  We found that out when we invaded Iraq and fighters were showing up from Jordan, Syria, Saudi, Yemen, Kuwait and several other countries.  This leads me to believe that the enemy we face is going to be Muslims.  Doesn't mean ALL Muslims are going to fight us, but all the people we're going to fight are going to be Muslims. 

For those of you that were in the Army and Marines, you can recall those plastic pop up targets on the maneuver ranges which wore the helmets and had AK47s were called "Crazy Ivans".  This was due to the cold war.  The targets were meant to depict Soviet Soldiers.  Maybe someday we'll have "Crazy Chin" targets if we get into it with China.  Or if Canada bombs the Baldwins again we might have "Crazy Canuck" targets, where the guy has a hockey stick and a RCMP hat on.  I don't see how any of that would be offensive.  If that is the type of enemy we fight, that is the type of enemy we train to fight. 

Political correctness is stupid and is designed to make people feel guilty for acknowledging things that are self evident.  It might not be polite to suggest someone has crabs, but if they can't stop diggin in their crotch, being polite won't change the fact they need to address the problem before it'll get fixed.

• Like 1

I'm Episcopalian and went to a Baptist church a couple times. The most they did to me was introduce me to the congregation.

Some Baptists and/or fundamentalists might be considered a little edgy, but it has more to do with their love for others than

anything approaching a radical belief. Going to a Baptist church from being Episcopalian is like a Tennessean visiting Vermont,

if even that. I don't accept that the Westboro crowd, a family, is Baptist, at all. They are a fringe of something in name only.

I'm Episcopalian and went to a Baptist church a couple times. The most they did to me was introduce me to the congregation.

Some Baptists and/or fundamentalists might be considered a little edgy, but it has more to do with their love for others than

anything approaching a radical belief. Going to a Baptist church from being Episcopalian is like a Tennessean visiting Vermont,

if even that. I don't accept that the Westboro crowd, a family, is Baptist, at all. They are a fringe of something in name only.

I grew up in a Baptist church.  Other than getting my azz beat by mean old ladies throughout my formative years it wasn't that bad.  Then we moved out into the forest and I went to one there.  I don't even know how to describe it, but when I watch scary exorcism movies I get flashbacks to my days at that church.

I grew up in a Baptist church.  Other than getting my azz beat by mean old ladies throughout my formative years it wasn't that bad.  Then we moved out into the forest and I went to one there.  I don't even know how to describe it, but when I watch scary exorcism movies I get flashbacks to my days at that church.

Perhaps it was a Primative Baptist Church? The ones who believe in snake handling and such?

Exactly about the love part, and I mean love the action rather than love the emotion that so many associate with the word.

I grew up attending a First Baptist church. They did horrid things like....

1.)Visit my sick grandmother for 10 years after she was phsyically unable to attend church anymore

2.)Send my family Christmas cards every year

3.)Invite us to luncheons

4.)Smile and shake our hands whenever we came to service

Horrendous I know... these "assault Baptists" should be stopped!

• Like 2

I grew up attending a First Baptist church. They did horrid things like....

1.)Visit my sick grandmother for 10 years after she was phsyically unable to attend church anymore

2.)Send my family Christmas cards every year

3.)Invite us to luncheons

4.)Smile and shake our hands whenever we came to service

Horrendous I know... these "assault Baptists" should be stopped!

Oh the horror! How did you ever survive such atrocities?