KNOW THINE ENEMY

There's lots of talk (aka "malarkey") being shoveled our way from the President and his chief "malarkey" spreader and talking head Joe Biden.  However, just as intelligence about an enemy can help win a war, I think it applies just as strong in the RTBA agenda. We all probably know this, but it's a fact that we can all be spies, in a sense, because said Intelligence can easily be had today by keeping up with left slanted and extreme left websites. That being said, don't think for a minute they ain't spying on us..!!!

Check this article out for instance:  (I hope this link works!!)

Here's the REAL plan of the enemy.

One thing for sure. The leadership of the Left are LIARS......If any of you are Democrat, don't expect an apology from me, just take a look around you and what you're doing to the country your kids will live in. The destruction goes way beyond the 2nd Amendment. That's just the first front of attack.

• Like 1

The "hard left lib" is now the "mainstream lib" as far as I'm concerned. The way they fall in line with each other, there seems to be

a big blur between their groups. Used to be a lot different, but a while back that took a momentous change. Could just be a media

thing, but the blur is there.

Is that guy serious? I have no doubt that's what the majority of hard left libs want, but it's hard for me to take a guy named "sporks" seriously.

I agree "Sporks" is not a very flattering name, but there are many progressive (that word should be familiar to us all) and left websites that promote the same thing.  That's what I mean by spying.  If anyone really wants to know the mood and intent of the left wing establishment spend a few minutes a week searching the web.  It's a real eye opener. I've recently set email alerts from some of these sites to keep up with what their saying. To win a battle, you have to stay ahead of the enemy.  That's all I'm saying here.  The quicker we know something, the quicker we can fire off emails to our leaders to contest them.

You know folks, it's easy to say this can't happen, because we have the Constitution, but we need to just stop and think where we would be if the Supreme Court had just one more liberal member during Heller VS DC. If that were true, the McDonald VS Chicago decision would not even exist. 

Oh...I recently learned that the Supreme Court can always revisit past decisions and reverse them, which could happen if the majority swing happens. The gun grabbing left has proven that they are never going to give up.  They are patient and want this country to be a mirror of the UK, it seems to me, and they are supportive of UN control.

• Like 1

The "hard left lib" is now the "mainstream lib" as far as I'm concerned. The way they fall in line with each other, there seems to be

a big blur between their groups. Used to be a lot different, but a while back that took a momentous change. Could just be a media

thing, but the blur is there.

I completely agree. They are getting bolder as the days go on.  The only thing that could hold them back a bit would be the the fear of losing seats in the mid term elections.  With the strong push for gun control, that doesn't seem to bother them anymore. They think they can win anyway.  If they're right, the USA has some very dark years ahead.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm crazy, but that article seemed like it was written by a pro-gun individual.  It was not tongue in cheek, but almost as if he wanted people like us to read it so more pro-gunners eyes might be opened to stopping the attack on gun rights.  The guy was very knowledgeable. And, why did he say 7.62x54R was his favorite round?  Maybe he is a commie?  I don't know, but it was a weird article in the way it was written or maybe that's how all the articles on that site are written.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm crazy, but that article seemed like it was written by a pro-gun individual.  It was not tongue in cheek, but almost as if he wanted people like us to read it so more pro-gunners eyes might be opened to stopping the attack on gun rights.  The guy was very knowledgeable. And, why did he say 7.62x54R was his favorite round?  Maybe he is a commie?  I don't know, but it was a weird article in the way it was written or maybe that's how all the articles on that site are written.

I didn't read it that way at all. I just kept imagining that I was repeatedly punching "Sporks" in the face.

I don't think so TNFlyer.  The Daily KOS is a highly progressive political blog. The guy parrots a lot of what he gleans off of other websites and thus is kind of a barometer of what the left is talking about all over the web.  He even supplies links to other progressive and Liberal site.  Anyway, that's my take of the Daily KOS.

I don't think so TNFlyer.  The Daily KOS is a highly progressive political blog. The guy parrots a lot of what he gleans off of other websites and thus is kind of a barometer of what the left is talking about all over the web.  He even supplies links to other progressive and Liberal site.  Anyway, that's my take of the Daily KOS.

Your probably right, I just found it odd that he seemed fairly knowledgeable about firearms. More so than most libs who fancy themselves knowledgeable about the subject.

Your probably right, I just found it odd that he seemed fairly knowledgeable about firearms. More so than most libs who fancy themselves knowledgeable about the subject.

Nah, he just did a quick wiki about his topic. :D Those people at that site are dumbasses that sit around, after their mom

and dad leaves for work, and dream up something to put on the internet to further the cause.

I got that same impression when I first read it some time ago, wondered if it had been "resourced" for opposite purpose.

- OS

The article is crap. Completely agree guys. But, can we please be a little more cognizant of how we phrase the titles of these threads and how we talk right now. If someone is on the fence and comes here to look for information we are giving them the exact picture the MSM is telling them to look for when we use words like "enemy" "spies" and "war".

I know this isn't going to be a popular point of view, but we really need to be aware of how we present ourselves right now. We need to take great pains to come across as the reasonable, reserved, rational side of this debate and not give fodder to the idea that gun owners are right wing extremists. Just something we need to be thinking about right now if we want any hope of having reasonable debate about this issue in the MSM. 

Guest ThePunisher
If any freedom loving Americans doesn't know who your domestic enemies are by now after the last 4 years, then I'm afraid there is little hope for you at this point in time. The liberal democrats have had freedom loving people on their radar list of enemies for a very long time, and all we have done is just keep compromising with them. It's time we draw a line in the sand, and say Im tired as hell of these commies taking away our freedoms and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Yes, the liberal commie democrats are the enemy of freedom loving people, and they want to enslave you into the commie party. If we keep compromising with these enemies, we eventually end up with no freedoms, and we will all be addressing each other Comrade. Now, that's Obama's goal of fundamentally transforming America. It appears over half of the American people are OK with this transformation, or are just too stupid to know the difference.

Agreed. Which is why I never said compromise with them. I'm as tired as anyone of their infringements on our rights. But unless you are comfortable with the 50+% tuning into 55% and then into 65% I'm just asking that we tone down the rhetoric right now. I firmly believe that popular opinion turning against a fundamental right is exactly what we have the Bill of Rights for in the first place but I see no reason to turn away people that could be on the fence about this issue simply because we want to sound like internet tough guys here. If someone is looking for information I would prefer they come here and see well reasoned, sensible conversation, that's all.

I'm with you, I want no further infringements on my right to keep and bear arms. Draw the line in the sand. Done. But, unless you just want to have your opinion marginalized from the get go we need to be able to effectively articulate why we feel the way we do  to our fellow Americans who may still be on the fence and could potentially be come future owners/NRA Members/Members here. All this "war" "enemy"  talk does is reaffirm what they might have been told by the Piers, Bill Mahrs, and Rosies of the world. 

It's just a thought though. 

You won't turn any of those you mention until you talk with them face to face. The people making those arguments on the web

are very set in their ways because they are using well scripted talking points. go to any forum and see for yourself. I've frequently

been making shreds of a particular Canadian on another forum, only to wonder why the Hell he thinks he has a dog in the fight,

to begin with. I'm just glad to see there are others like me on that forum, also.

The Kos kids are idiots and kooks who know how to operate a computer and look at Wiki while reading their orders for the day.

You won't change them. They are a product of the left's insistence of our great public education/endoctrination system. I wouldn't

give them the time of day.

Guest ThePunisher
If anyone is still on the fence after these last 4 years, then there is no hope for them. They are borderline brain dead that can't think for themselves. They are followers of the cool people just like the one that thinks he's cool who is occupying the WH.

There are millions of 18-21 year olds in this country that are just now paying attention to, or being exposed to this debate. There are a fraction of those that will look for information to help them form an opinion for themselves. The first place they will go is google and begin scouring the internet. This is the future of our gun rights. If you want them to come here and see us talking about spies and enemies and wars and you think that is the best way to get your opinion across to these kids then by all means carry on. I just don't think it helps us in the court of public opinion. 

There's lots of talk (aka "malarkey") being shoveled our way from the President and his chief "malarkey" spreader and talking head Joe Biden.

I can't believe you called Biden a talking head. Someone needs an anatomy lesson if they think he's using his head for talking.

I watch MSNBC prime time some -- Matthews, Shultz, Maddow, and O'Donnell are invaluable for keeping me well aware of the unrelenting assault on all fronts from the left.

- OS

Haha you have a lot better composure than I do OS. I can't hardly watch Fox News without my blood reaching 3000 degrees, let alone BSNBC.

Seems more like patience to filter through the propaganda and focus on the information you're trying to get to me. Either way, more power to ya OS :up:

???

The enemy's propaganda is the point. You think I watch it for The Truth?  Hell, I don't rely on FOX for that either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot