State of the Union

State of the Union facts check by of all people, MSNBC. I can't beleive they would question anything BHO would say.
The president spins his accomplishments on jobs, health care and deficit reduction in annual address.

President Obama put a rosy spin on several accomplishments of his administration in his 2013 State of the Union address.

The president claimed that "both parties have worked together to reduce the deficit by more than $2.5 trillion." But that's only an estimate of deficit reduction through fiscal year 2022, and it would be lower if the White House used a different starting point.
Obama touted the growth of 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the past three years, but there has been a net loss of 600,000 manufacturing jobs since he took office. The recent growth also has stalled since July 2012.
He claimed that "we have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas." Actual mileage is improving, but Obama's "doubled" claim refers to a desired miles-per-gallon average for model year 2025.
Obama said the Affordable Care Act "is helping to slow the growth of health care costs." It may be helping, but the slower growth for health care spending began in 2009, before the law was enacted, and is due at least partly to the down economy.
The president also made an exaggerated claim of bipartisanship. He said that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney agreed with him that the minimum wage should be tied to the cost of living. But Romney backed off that view during the campaign.

I don't know about the "State of The Union", but I believe the "State of Joe Biden" last night was DRUNK! Did you see him with that stoned smirk on his face the entire time? He would occasionally burst out in laughter while sitting there, for no apparent reason. This guy is one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Unreal.

Edited by gregintenn

My audio is screwy, also, but I just have it so turned up to blank out which side it's coming from. I have to re-adjust it for Pandora,

which usually works fine. Don't know what causes it, probably something way over my head.

I didn't watch either Obama's or Rubio's speech.  The reason I didn't watch Rubio's speech is I believe he is more of the same regardless of what he says.  Just because he is hispanic, that in no way translates that he will get the hispanic vote. 

I did watch Rand's speech, and I thought it was excellent.  (paraphrasing) If Congress won't pass a budget and do its job then wipe the place clean.  Limit their terms and send them home.  While this would never happen, the sentiment is correct.

If you didn't see his speech, I would recommend watching it on Youtube or elsewhere. 

All the audio was on the left channel for me.

I'll be damn, my audio had died through left speaker, thanks! Connection into sound card needed to be jiggled, duh!

Woofer still worked but hadn't listened to music through box in a while, or would have noticed. And yeah, 99% of this one is through left channel.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I didn't watch either Obama's or Rubio's speech.  The reason I didn't watch Rubio's speech is I believe he is more of the same regardless of what he says.  Just because he is hispanic, that in no way translates that he will get the hispanic vote. 

I did watch Rand's speech, and I thought it was excellent.  (paraphrasing) If Congress won't pass a budget and do its job then wipe the place clean.  Limit their terms and send them home.  While this would never happen, the sentiment is correct.

If you didn't see his speech, I would recommend watching it on Youtube or elsewhere. 

I like Rubio, but, like you, I can't decide whether or not he is Tea Party material enough, yet. He could go GOP, and if he does,

I will be disappointed. Rand's was great. I like that guy.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'll be damn, my audio had died through left speaker, thanks! Connection into sound card needed to be jiggled, duh!

Woofer still worked but hadn't listened to music through box in a while, or would have noticed. And yeah, 99% of this one is through left channel.

- OS

A bad connection would do it of course.

Bit of trivia-- On winders puters, some of the sound cards-- At one time creative cards and maybe others-- Or maybe its something winders itself does rather than the card drivers, in some cases.

Sometimes, dunno if always or just specific combinations, there is an audio settings checkbox "stereo enhance" or some such, that gets turned on by default. In my experience this is a crude low-tech matrix effect that does nothing good for music though maybe people would like it for gaming, dunno as I don't do games.

If you listen to a lot of music, and you have such a "stereo enhance" or "3D audio" setting in your audio drivers, IMO music sounds so much better with the checkbox turned OFF. Thataway if there is something hard-panned left or right, it really comes out the speakers thataway rather than a phasey indistinct leakage between the two channels.

I like Rubio, but, like you, I can't decide whether or not he is Tea Party material enough, yet. He could go GOP, and if he does,

Rubio said what every republican should be saying but sadly, more people saw him speak than Rand. 

Rand/Carson 2016  :)

Right now, I trust NO ONE.  Politicians must prove themselves first, I can NOT take them at their word.  Statistically speaking, that would be very foolish.

Watching recorded SOU. seems very forced and the room is divided. Too divided. I know some will say I'm a commi pinko faggot tree- hugging liberal, but I'd love to see everyone on the same page. I don't care what page it is at this point because we will know when we are there.

So if you came home and saw several guys pushing your new car off a cliff, would you jump in and help them push, just so you'd all be on the same page?

• Like 2

This is a State issue, not a FED issue.

I agree, I enjoyed the vocational part of school more than anything and for someone who is not interested in college this a great opportunity to learn a skill in the last 3 years of HS. BUT, BHO and the federal gov. should leave these decidisons up to the States and not dictating what the states should do. 

Rand Paul here -  http://static.teapartyexpress.org/

Substitute the word "State" with local community and you got my vote.

IMHO, any level of government has no business in educating our children. What's best learned for an urban student isn't necessarily best for a rural student. And having a government agency deciding what liberal books will be mandatory, what curriculum will be used and what standards are not an acceptable choice for me.

• Like 1