PT92 trigger not resetting

just a quick question since i know nothing of gun smithing ... was dry firing (well with snap caps) my Taurus PT92 and noticed that the trigger is not resetting, i have to put my finger behind the trigger and nudge it forward to reset before it actuates the hammer again, is this gonna be a simple fix or a huge headache? lol.. any ideas on a simple solution possibly? or do i need to take it to a smith?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i feel dumb now ... called Taurus and i had forgotten that they have a lifetime warranty on all their guns that follows the gun itself not just the original buyer, so it looks like i'll be sending it in for repairs soon, but at least the repairs are free :D

yeah the tech i talked to at Taurus said it sounded like a spring or "trigger bar" i think he said ... but i may have the smith at my LGS take a look, worst case scenario it'll cost me $40 to have it shipped off and received back at my FFL so im not too worried about it now 

Edited by JoeJ615

yeah the tech i talked to at Taurus said it sounded like a spring or "trigger bar" i think he said ... but i may have the smith at my LGS take a look, worst case scenario it'll cost me $40 to have it shipped off and received back at my FFL so im not too worried about it now 

You don't need an FFL to ship it back to Taurus for repair. It can go UPS and be return shipped to your home.

If it's simple, the smith might be able to fix it on the spot for less than $40.

You don't need an FFL to ship it back to Taurus for repair. It can go UPS and be return shipped to your home.

The ONLY problem that I am aware of (based on that Ruger deal) is that according to UPS it MUST BE shipped from a UPS hub (which is Nashville). I laughed out loud when I saw the door you take it into was posted, no carrying (but I didn't think it was to funny, based on their location)!

Good luck!

Heres a good video showing how to replace the spring.  The video is for the wolf spring upgrade but the process is the same.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQB7Lu6rZU4   You can always disassemble it and find what is broken yourself and ask taurus to send you just the replacement part.  Also trigger springs usually only run somewhere around 4 dollars. 

https://www.gunsprings.com  has them available, your looking at around 7-15 dollars after shipping depending on shipping method.  

Dont know if you ever make it up to clarksville, but if you do and your not comfortable tearing it apart to find the broken peice i'd be glad to help.   I am not a certified gunsmith but i have worked on hundreds of M9's